It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enforce a Maximum Wage!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
If you are on poverty wages the % aren't really relavent it is absolute income that buys you a meal. To stress again the 5.38 is a oversimplified example done by someone else. It has no real relevance to the point that there is massive and in my view unsustainable levels of income inequality in the US and Europe.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yeehaw! Status Quo FTW! Let's keep defending oppressive greed & argue over hypothetical details where one mans unlimited fortune doesn't seem so unlimited in the hands of the many.

There's only one way the current Wage issues are resolved: full scale economic collapse.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

$5.38 will buy a homeless person several meals at Del Taco.

Lucky us, we wipe our asses with such trivial amounts.
DOWN WITH THE HOMELESS!
edit on 18-11-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Currently 75 people have more wealth than 3.5 Billion people. When the system is so innately evil...

And my point all along, using simple math and logic, is that salary disparity has nothing to do with it.

Sorry you hate people doing better than you though, it's a tough place to be… constantly blaming others for your lack of success.

Are you saying that EVERYONE can be successful and wealthy?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

What a hypocritical statement from the former actor/wrestler sorry that should be actor/actor

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

$5.38 will buy a homeless person several meals at Del Taco.

Lucky us, we wipe our asses with such trivial amounts.
DOWN WITH THE HOMELESS!

are we talking about homeless people? Or low wage earners?

Which end is the goal post even on?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I don't disagree. But the answer is not class warfare. The answer is to stop electing people who put policies in place that off shore the jobs that helped close the gap in income inequality.

No one in Detriot was complaining when they made $25/hr. When the middle class started to die, the knee jerk reaction was to blame the top earners. Instead of the policy makers that put the middle class on life support.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Now how do you propose we do that when vast amounts of private money is allowed into the easily swayed minds of our beloved elected officials?

I liked your goal post analogy. Very topical. How about our first new salary cap law be to cap all sports stars MAXIMIM EARNINGS at $1million/year. Go ahead boys, stop playing pro sports because $1mill just ain't enough,
I dare ya.

Do you make $1million/year Texas man?
Or happily worship the ungodly rich sport celebrities who do wholly nothing for their excessive display of wealth disparity?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: Mirthful Me
Nope have read your post again and it I still contradictory.

You question the clarity of of my statements when you can't form a cogent sentence? If you lack the fundamental language skills to express yourself, there's no possibility that you could fathom my erudite musings... Jesus was right...

I rest my case.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I don't have all the answers. But I do have an observation:

Spend less time partaking in the class warfare that has been set up for The People as a diversion from the real problem: the government. Or, rather, the elected officials who run it, and the unelected officials who they appoint.

The CEO makes more money not because the game is rigged in his favor. More that it is rigged in your disfavor. He was making a fortune regardless. To worry about what someone else is doing is jealousy, and it is the poison for your well of logic. Instead, focus your energy on change that is going to happen: create a political will to restore the middle class.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I have no problem admitting when I don't understand something (Especially Memes based on Jesus quips),

Which are you equating with pigs who don't wear jewelery?
The uneducated &/or the poor &/or the rich?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

So what do you earn? Russel Brand in the UK says similar, but then admits he doesn't actually vote (but thinks for some reason people should vote for him) and I'm sure earns a pretty penny.

Why don't you agree between both of you that in the interests of solidarity with the 'common people' anything either of you earns - anything mind, over $75k a year, after tax, will go into a fund to support those probably harder working but in lower paid jobs than yourself?

Otherwise, stop the rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't have all the answers. But I do have an observation:

Spend less time partaking in the class warfare that has been set up for The People as a diversion from the real problem: the government. Or, rather, the elected officials who run it, and the unelected officials who they appoint.

The CEO makes more money not because the game is rigged in his favor. More that it is rigged in your disfavor. He was making a fortune regardless. To worry about what someone else is doing is jealousy, and it is the poison for your well of logic. Instead, focus your energy on change that is going to happen: create a political will to restore the middle class.

But that was my point exactly!
Politics are so bought & paid for you'd have to be a special kind of delusional to think any difference can be made, ever.
Lucky for the Corporatocracy, most humans are a special kind of delusional.

I think you are projecting onto me; do not mistake my opinions as worry or jealousy. I see the world as it is & accept that it needs to be annihilated.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I see that as misanthropic. Worse, i see it as quitting.

The planet doesn't deserve anything. Humanity is your perceived problem. Just because you don't like what you teacher wrote on the board doesn't mean you take an axe to the entire wall the board is hanging on.

But to your other point: yes, it is bought and paid for. That is one problem. Now, focus on that, instead of misanthropic daydreams, or class warfare.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder that in the United States only 1.1% of the workers earn min wage (2012 data is most recent).

www.bls.gov...

That's it. Why are the media and Democrats so obsessed with 1.1% of the working population? What about the millions of families that are getting taxed into the poor house to pay for all these free government bennies but earn just enough to not qualify for any of them?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
is it not by the 'faithful' sweat of the employee that the ceo even has a desk to sit at? a pencil to push?
that $5.38 a week should be a symbol of appreciation; "thanks for my pedistal".

You have a dire lack of understanding of how things work.

It's the other way around. Those Ford employees likely have their jobs because key strategic decisions, planning, and significant efforts of the executive team, lead by the CEO.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

So let's say the CEO of Ford is contractually due a massive $100 million bonus. But instead, the company is forced to give that to the 224,000 employees… amounting to about $280 annually after taxes… or $5.38 a week.

You're implying that will make some kind of difference?

A single CEO forgoing exorbitant pay for the benefit of his employees? No.
Every CEO, CFO, COO, & board member / anyone making over X amount forgoing their exorbitant pay for the benefit of their employees? Absolutely.

originally posted by: Mirthful Me

And today's Karl Marx Award goes to...

Vannah, what lovely prize do we have for our winner?

The Condition of the Working Class in England by Friedrich Engels?

Wow, we have spared every expense, but then again, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

Currently 75 people have more wealth than 3.5 Billion people. When the system is so innately evil, corrupt, & devoutly supported by willing slaves of the golden cow, there are few options.

If it were up to me every last human & remnant of humanity would be wiped from the face of the earth, & yesterday.

You're right, Texan, not against Father Earth, purely misanthropic. This schizophrenic with Asbergers & obvious sociopathic ideologies has no interest, whatsoever, in "being the change".

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
is it not by the 'faithful' sweat of the employee that the ceo even has a desk to sit at? a pencil to push?
that $5.38 a week should be a symbol of appreciation; "thanks for my pedistal".

You have a dire lack of understanding of how things work.

It's the other way around. Those Ford employees likely have their jobs because key strategic decisions, planning, and significant efforts of the executive team, lead by the CEO.

I think it is you, self proclaimed overlord, that has a dire lack of understanding of
"how things work".

Economic slavery & long-term conditioning won.

We lost.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So let's say the CEO of Ford is contractually due a massive $100 million bonus. But instead, the company is forced to give that to the 224,000 employees… amounting to about $280 annually after taxes… or $5.38 a week.

You're implying that will make some kind of difference?

A single CEO forgoing exorbitant pay for the benefit of his employees? No.
Every CEO, CFO, COO, & board member / anyone making over X amount forgoing their exorbitant pay for the benefit of their employees? Absolutely.

originally posted by: Mirthful Me

And today's Karl Marx Award goes to...

Vannah, what lovely prize do we have for our winner?

The Condition of the Working Class in England by Friedrich Engels?

Wow, we have spared every expense, but then again, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

Currently 75 people have more wealth than 3.5 Billion people. When the system is so innately evil, corrupt, & devoutly supported by willing slaves of the golden cow, there are few options.

If it were up to me every last human & remnant of humanity would be wiped from the face of the earth, & yesterday.

You're right, Texan, not against Father Earth, purely misanthropic. This schizophrenic with Asbergers & obvious sociopathic ideologies has no interest, whatsoever, in "being the change".

You posted that two hours and seven minutes ago...

Or was that the "other you?"
edit on 11/18/2014 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

For some reason it won't let me quote myself?
lol! I tried to edit in manual quote/quote but it still didn't take

Believe me, MM, I wanted my previous statements in a quote box. It would give that post a much stronger emphasis.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join