It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian Cannibal Bakers Go to Trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I hadn't read anything about this trio before this latest development popped up on my feed but it's quite a disturbing tale reminiscent of the musical, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

From Gawker:

Jorge Beltrao Negromonte da Silveira, Isabel Cristina Pires, and Bruna Cristina Oliveira da Silva

Three people—a man, his wife, and the man's mistress—went on trial in Brazil yesterday after they were arrested in 2012 for allegedly killing women and then baking them into pastries they would eat and sell to neighbors.

The three would apparently use the remains of the people they murdered and bake their flesh into "thick" empanadas they would consume. A five-year-old girl that reportedly lived with them also ate the baked goods.

The gruesome threesome would apparently lure women to their home to interview for a nanny position and then club them to death. The bodies would be drained of blood and chopped into pieces. A search of the property in 2012 revealed the remains of two women buried in the backyard. It was reported by police that in statements made by the three, that they claimed to be part of a group that believed in "the purification of the world and the reduction of its population."

Negromonte claimed (no information about paternity testing) that the 5 year-old girl was his daughter by a woman named Jessica that he'd murdered elsewhere in 2008. Clearly insane, he appears to share a delusion common to both many real and fictional serial killers — that he was doing God's work.

A Daily Beast article from 2012 contains a lot more information:

The details of the 2008 murder, as well as other crimes, are spelled out in vivid detail in Revelations of a Schizophrenic, the self-published 34-chapter manuscript which Negromonte wrote, illustrated, and had printed up. He then made a point of registering the title with a local notary public on March 28. 

“Looking at the lifeless body of the evil adolescent, I feel relief. I take a razor blade and begin to remove the skin and then share it,” he wrote.

Prior to each killing, “arrows came into my head, images, millions of images,” compelling him “to deliver these people to God,” he told a reporter for a local broadcaster, TV Jornal Caruaru. The victims, all women, were selected, he claimed, according to some eccentric numerology, whereby anyone carrying personal ID bearing a combination of “bad numbers,” such as 66 or 666, was deemed “evil” and in need of “cleansing.” 

Negromonte said he acted on instructions from two supernatural beings--not demons but “a cherubim and an archangel,” one white and one black, who instructed him to carry out a “mission of mercy,” killing to purify what he claimed were tainted souls.

It's stories like that reinforce my hangup about eating food from potlucks and the like!

edit on 2014-11-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Can you imagine what kind of trouble they'd be in if they were in the US and refused to kill and bake someone for a gay couple?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It's stories like that reinforce my hangup about eating food from potlucks and the like!

Potlucks...LOL! "Betty, your scalloped potatoes look a little thick today..."

Seriously though, that's some really messed up stuff. I recently listened to some archived Coast to Coast interviews with exorcists, and they all said that demons frequently pose as angels or even God, Himself to get people to do unspeakably horrid things like this. The exorcists spend a lot of time and effort ensuring that the people aren't just fruit bat crazy, and I can see why.

I won't be eating any empanadas for a while.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I wonder what people think who have actually bought some pastries from them.. very good reason not to buy food from "street kitchens".

There is more of these nutcases
LINK
So they had made a home movie about the rituals etc and they are investigating it. Guy is a 51-year-old actor, writer, musician and martial arts instructor. Not much a surprice they have a cult which eliminates bad women. Well something says there are propably even more victims.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
I had empanadas, once.
They were some cheese & vegie blend.
Very tasty.

Sorry for those lives that were tainted by this man/trio's delusions. (I hope they were delusions!)

Schizophrenia... He can always blame the other guy.

top topics

join