It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isis and al-Qaeda agree 'to end fighting and join against their opponents'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Militant leaders from the Isis and al-Qaeda terrorist groups have agreed to stop fighting each other in order to join against their opponents.

Isis, which calls itself the Islamic State (Isis), and al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate, Jabhat al-Nusra, have been engaged in bitter fighting for more than a year in an attempt to dominate the bloody rebellion against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The accord set between the extremists groups in northern Syria last week could spell problems for the US-led coalition in its fight against Isis, as it complements its air strikes by arming “moderate” rebel factions to fight on the ground.

Isis and al-Qaeda agree 'to end fighting and join against their opponents'

The title is somewhat misleading in that there doesn't seem to be any agreement between the core Al Qaeda cells and ISIS. Rather, a pact was agreed to between ISIS and numerous Al Qaeda affiliated groups in Syria, including Jabhat al-Nusra, Khorasan, Jund al-Aqsa and Ahrar al-Sham.

The agreement follows signs that the two groups [ISIS and al-Nusra] had cooled their feud with informal truces, the Associated Press reported. A high-level Syrian opposition and a rebel commander have since told the news agency that the accord would see them halt fighting and to open up against Kurdish fighters in a couple of new areas of northern Syria.

The meeting between seven top militant leaders took place on 2 November in the town of Atareb, west of Aleppo, according to a Syrian opposition official speaking in Turkey. He added that the meeting was closely followed by members of his movement, and he is certain Isis and al-Qaeda reached an agreement.

The Khorasan Group, a small but tough band of al-Qaeda veterans from Afghanistan and Pakistan, were also reportedly present at the meeting, as was Jund al-Aqsa, a hard-line faction that has sworn allegiance to Isis; and Ahrar al-Sham, a conservative Muslim rebel group.

www.independent.co.uk...

This is not a good development, considering ISIS and al-Nusra hold similar beliefs (al-Nusra was once an ISIS branch) and are considered to be the strongest rebel forces in the country. Add the other terrorist groups, and the Syrians have a lot to deal with.

Before, it was every faction for itself. Now, if this pact holds up, there could be some real trouble brewing, with the weakened state of moderate rebels.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Oh the 3 letter agency created ISIS, is going to fight with the 3 letter agency created Al-Qaeda?

Gee, nobody saw that coming.

More fear mongering from those who wish to keep you afraid.

I for one, think that these groups aren't going anywhere, because they are being allowed to grow and fester. The result of our consistent meddling in affairs we have no reason to be meddling in.

I guess time will tell, but this boogie man is just that for right now.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Oh the 3 letter agency created ISIS, is going to fight with the 3 letter agency created Al-Qaeda?

Gee, nobody saw that coming.

I think it is more nuanced than that. In that al-Nusra was formally a branch of ISIS (then ISI), which was itself affiliated with Al-Qaeda. Disagreements over leadership ensued, and al-Zawahiri was consulted, who ordered the disbandment of ISIS. Baghdadi refused, and independently expanded into Syria (ISIS). Since then, al-Nusra, which had officially became Al-Qaeda's branch in Syria, had been fighting ISIS. Now, there seems to be an agreement in place.

While this event is not totally unexpected, i think it is an interesting development considering the personal history between al-Nusra and ISIS.

More fear mongering from those who wish to keep you afraid.

Perhaps.

I for one, think that these groups aren't going anywhere, because they are being allowed to grow and fester. The result of our consistent meddling in affairs we have no reason to be meddling in.

I agree. Wherever there is instability, these groups will thrive. It doesn't help that foreign intervention almost always leads to the instability.

I guess time will tell, but this boogie man is just that for right now.

~Tenth

It may be a boogie man to us, but i think it is a real threat to the people of Syria, Iraq, and neighbouring states.

Thanks,

Daas.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I can hear Obama giggling right now...

"EVILDOERS 2.0!

OH YEAH!

What a load of crap. People are starting to see the ISIS play for what it is so bring back the original to increase the fear.

Will people fall for it? I can sense the trembling already.

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The enemy of my enemy.....

No doubt they will end up killing each other again soon.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Nice research I'm glad someone still knows how too these days.

And not to mention the US have openly admitted to and continue to arm "moderate" rebels fighting in Syria otherwise known as The FSA (free Syrian army)thats fighting Assad have also openly asked for help and affiliate with Isis. Assads now fighting a 2 almost 3 front war against Proxy army's and CIA abominations and America is funding all resistance to him.
edit on 14-11-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
These are the real antichrist , In my belief Anti christ is this enemy of humanity ,enemy of love and peace, that jesus christ brought to us , It is this Ideology , their basic principle is '' eliminate anyone who oppose our view'' Please keep in mind there is no moderate rebels in this anti christic ideology , those are all different pastries made out of A same DOUGH , different tentacles of a same octopus .

What they doing is camouflaging like chameleons to make their opponents harder to spot them . now this octopus weakens due to US AERIAL ATTACKS . and is slowly surfacing from beneath the sea. and then at the end of the day AL QAEDA , NUSRA FRONT , AHRAARUH SHAAM , ANSAORUH SHAAM etc. All will unite and then we can see the real big Antichristic Octopus . let's wait and see

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hmmm.... This could be a huge problem. We should air drop them more guns.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The webs of lies and deceit are so numerous that I doubt they will ever be untangled ... Even if they were nothing will change.... Assad has a big target on his back and it does not matter how many have to die to achieve the goal of hitting that bull's eye.

Syria, There Are No Moderates,”

... there were never, nor are there any "moderates" operating in Syria. The West has intentionally armed and funded Al Qaeda and other sectarian extremists since as early as 2007 in preparation for an engineered sectarian bloodbath serving US-Saudi-Israeli interests. This latest bid to portray the terrorists operating along and within Syria's borders as "divided" along extremists/moderate lines is a ploy to justify the continued flow of Western cash and arms into Syria to perpetuate the conflict, as well as create conditions along Syria's borders with which Western partners, Israel, Jordan, and Turkey, can justify direct military intervention.

Indeed, even the New York Times has been forced to admit that there are, as Cartalucci expertly argues in his article, no moderates in the ranks of the Syrian death squads. As Ben Hubbard wrote in April, 2013,

Salem Idriss, one of the men seen in the photograph with John McCain, is the commander of the FSA, the “opposition group” touted as a “moderate rebels.” In reality, of course, the FSA is nothing of the sort. As Daniel Wagner wrote for the Huffington Post in December, 2012,

In the outskirts of Aleppo, the FSA has implemented a Sharia law enforcement police force that is a replica of the Wahhabi police in Saudi Arabia -- forcing ordinary citizens to abide by the Sharia code. This is being done in a secular country which has never known Sharia Law. This type of action is currently also being implemented in northern Mali, where the West has officially declared its opposition to the al-Qaeda government that took control earlier this year. If what is happening near Aleppo is representative of what may happen if the FSA assumes control of Syria, the country may become an Islamic state. Is that really what the U.S. and other Western countries are intending to tacitly support?

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
No surprise. They'll band together and try to wipe everyone out who they disagree with and who is outside their temporary got-together group. And then when that mission is accomplished, they'll go back to slaughtering each other (that part I don't mind).

new topics

top topics

join