It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience with the IRS today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ok so I haven't posted in forever but after my current ordeal with the INCOMPETENT revenue service I had to both vent over this and share the slightly humorous end result of a series of phone calls.

So this started about a week ago when I get this letter from the IRS that is addressed to myself and some other person whom I have no connection to let alone knowledge of. The letter provides the info and option to resolve this matter online which of course I attempted as we all know the horror stories of automated "customer" help lines and I thought online would obviously be faster. So I navigate my way through the provided site getting what I thought was a satisfactory and conclusive result.

Then a few days later I receive another letter identical to the first, I then attempt the whole online thing again only to get a your identity can not be verified online as opposed to the thank you your whatever whatever has been received message I got the first go around. There is however a a phone number provided I assumed specifically for this problem. The obvious comes next...

I call the number only to be guided through a labyrinth of automated responses, choices and what have you. I became frustrated over the options of lack of relevant option I should say and gave up with the intent of coming back to it when I wasn't so frustrated and burnt out from trying to deal with it. A few days go by and another letter so I figure this must be important because they are spamming my actual mailbox now.

So this morning I google how to get a human at the IRS coincidentally and funny enough it was the first google option once I had typed up to human. I call that number and following advice provided at the same site as this new number 0 my way to a human YAAAAY!!!! However this was not the end I was seeking. I am greeted in spanish which I respond to by saying I need english I need english to which the woman replies I can speak english and may be able to help you. She also tells me that my phone is breaking up and has bad reception despite full bars and hearing her clearly on my end. So anyway at one point I said something like "its things like this that make people hate your organization" " You do realize that right? The American people hat the IRS" she responds with have a nice day sir click... WTF WTF WTF.

Still not done at this point though oh no not by a long shot. So I go back to calling the original number provided on the website, I am patient and navigate my way to the point of a human a slightly diminished YAAY! This woman is pleasant and tries to be helpful end result being her apologizing for not being able to help with this specific problem but she can provide me with the correct number (and yes I did mention that I called provided on the site for my specific problem, hmm curious) so I take down the number and then call it. Well it turns out this number is a sex hotline number so again WTF WTF WTF!!!!! Over a week in and still no resolution, I guess they will just have to show up and jail me then because I am done with those effing clowns. Try to do the right thing but they make it so gat damned difficult that you just don't want to any longer. Thats it thanks for listening Im ghost.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I run my own business and have had some fun experiences myself.
State sales taxes are a treat to..
Just be persistent and you will be fine.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The Spanish lady hanging up on you without trying to help resolve your problem and the one giving you a number to a sex hotline is just unacceptable and should be reported. To whom or how, I have no idea. Man, good luck to you. I hope you are able to resolve this issue soon.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
FWIW the IRS doesn't work for you- they work for the fed.

They have no incentive to help you, and the only incentive you have to pay them is the fact that they'll send hired goons (aka our government) after you if you don't.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: warriorscholar81

The government mans all its posts with uncaring unqualified buffoons for assorted reasons, some of which are very incorrect politically to mention. At IRS, this enhances an already frustrating albeit purposeful "run around" in that later, when they finally assess your case for fines and late fees, the bill will be much higher.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: warriorscholar81

Are you sure you are dealing with the IRS?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I went through a similar event years ago and it wasn't pretty. I did the same thing as far as all the phone calls and tried to resolve the issue and I finally gave up and that was a bad thing to do on my part. A few weeks later I received a intent to levy letter that basically said my assets and bank accounts were going to be seized or frozen. It took me years to get that mess paid off and cleared up and it was over my ex wife's tax's being filled out with me being listed as head of household..

Just my opinion but I wouldn't put it off for long they will make your life hell if they choose to. I speak from experience.

top topics

join