It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it with the cold war people...? Evolution... ever heard of it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Normally my rants are fairly light hearted and get mainly positive responses back...

However... for some STRANGE reason I doubt this will be the case with this one :

So tell me please all you hardcore US haters and Russia haters...?

JUST WHAT IS YOUR GRIPE with the other side?... explain to those of us that DO NOT live in the US or RUSSIA....

Are you still living in the cold war/segregation of the 60s or what?... WHY THE HATE that should have left sooooooo long ago?

Was it not the 25 year celebration here last week after the Berlin wall fell?)

Video :

And this for those that have something against people of other colour :

Tolerance... THIS VIDEO SAYS IT ALL...

May I suggest that you think of your children... and your childrens children... when you post anti whatever country/race/gender ideas here...

Your kids...and your kids kids etc etc... are and will be influenced by some of you here who want to shove your ideas down their necks... (WELL... sometimes I hope not... BUT Hope is the word that it means...)

I have seen some SICK and twisted responses here lately...

Tolerance has left ATS methinks... Ignorance is back with a BIG "YOOHOO MY NAME IS IGNORAMOUS ANYONE THERE ?"

PLEASE... JUST shut up with your propaganda concerning your hate towards others... ATS is certainly not the right place to post your proverbial faecal matter... propaganda sites exist for that type of crap so I kindly invite you to search them out...

Rant over... AND I WILL NOT JUSTIFY TO ANYONE... JUST FED UP with certain posters here and needed to get it of my chest.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 14/11/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

That is your right to do so. I myself do not hate either country. Russia is pretty much the same as us as far as I'm concerned.They are trying to live their lives and go about there business. But you have people on here that want to carry on the cold war until the nukes are falling. Then it will be "gee I didn't think it would go this far". Whatever, I don't hate Putin if for no other reason than my government wants me to hate him. That tells me right there that I shouldn't and it is just more propaganda from uncle sam. I don't hate the USA but I am totally disappointed in the way it has turned out and the way that the citizens refuse to wake up and fix it. Its really a shame,this was such a great country and had so much potential.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
and every single german soldier in ww2 was evil emotionless monster drone that just worked for the reich! ehhehe
I have lived most of my life in europe, i know pleanty of russians, from work, and they are pretty chill people, great sense of humor, i'm sad to say, this seems to come more from the american side.
Like said, i know a pretty big group of them at this point, and they don't actually see themselves in a "war" with america, they don't care at all.
It's more an american thing, and i think it just has to do with propaganda, with brainwashing.
People have been brought up to think that communism was the epitome of all things evil, and russians are still portrayed as evil in movies today.
How to stop this trend? Americans need to travel more and stop looking for youtube videos that only support their preconceived notions.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
and every single german soldier in ww2 was evil emotionless monster drone that just worked for the reich! ehhehe
I have lived most of my life in europe, i know pleanty of russians, from work, and they are pretty chill people, great sense of humor, i'm sad to say, this seems to come more from the american side.
Like said, i know a pretty big group of them at this point, and they don't actually see themselves in a "war" with america, they don't care at all.
It's more an american thing, and i think it just has to do with propaganda, with brainwashing.
People have been brought up to think that communism was the epitome of all things evil, and russians are still portrayed as evil in movies today.
How to stop this trend? Americans need to travel more and stop looking for youtube videos that only support their preconceived notions.

Thing is that many people are still in the Mcarthy Era... : en.wikipedia.org...

Actually... I should have posted this thread in about 5 hours when alot of people are getting onto their computers over in the US to have an idea as to what our US members think to this post?

Urrggghhhh... I am so selfish in living over in Europe????

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 14/11/14 by Rodinus because: Link added

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

It is almost like people cant live without someone or something to hate .

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Lol you should be less angry and more afraid. This will become WW3 at some point and Europe will take it on the chin.

America (more accurately the guys running America behind the scenes) is trying to establish compete global dominance before the BRICs escape the corporate web of control. Russia read the writing on the wall and is standing up because if Syria and Ukraine fall to Western dominance it's all over for them.

All conspiracy theory and speculation but it's the only logical conclusion if you look at the big picture.

This is a transition period greater than any in human history. There are only 3 outcomes. Utopia, dystopia, or extinction. The details and timing are completely impossible to guess at but the outcomes are clear. Well they are clear to me. Your call whether I'm right

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I think you have fallen victim to the oldest trick in the book.

Think about it. Most Americans can't tell you the name of their neighbor. Do you really think they have a clue about anything you are talking about? Hell, some of them can't even point out Russia on a map. Some can't point out America on a map.

Most people today are so programmed for self and pleasure for self, that there is no world outside of their gilded snow globe. Your average American doesn't have
the time or the energy to hate Russians.

If Americans won't fight the enemy standing on their doorstep, enslaving their children and stealing their future, do you really think they care about Russia?

Don't believe anything the MSM is pushing. MSM is not news, it is programming. If you are into MSM, then look for the source code. The truth is never in the picture they are presenting, yet it is almost always hidden in plain sight. Check out the shadows, they are fond of using reverse imaging, and look for the Easter eggs they love throwing in, just to see if anyone is really paying attention.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

oOOOOO cripes... me? Angry???

I am from Europe... as I said... just wanted to get something off my chest?... No anger whatsoever...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Definately not a victim and as I said in the post above... just wanted to get it off my chest yet again and also remind certain haters out there that some of us here who are looking towards the future and do not have our heads up our arses looking at the past and what we had for dinner last year...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

oOOOOO cripes... me? Angry???

I am from Europe... as I said... just wanted to get something off my chest?... No anger whatsoever...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Rant generally implies anger. Sorry if I assumed too much.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Cultural differences Tav... No probs

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I will tell you my reason cant speak for other americans. I grew up in the 70-80's the height of the cold war on a military base. I remeber how scary it was as child with the air raid drills and having to climb under our desk seeing our parents worried of being nuked, now are generation are grown up and we have children of our own and dont want them to go through the same fear and insecurity we did. after the fall of the USSR we dont want to see them gain power like they had during that time, and will do everything to under mind them from gaining this power over us again.
To watch you mother crying because she worries russia will nuke her and her family.
I remeber when they came in our house an installed radon and radiation detectors and my mom cried for days that has an affect on children and they dont forget stuff like that ever.

thats my personal thoughts hope this help u understand american hate for russia alittle better now.
edit on 14-11-2014 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I'm actually equally annoyed. I almost always take the side of an argument that is the underdog unless I have a clear and strong view. Apparently I'm just a rabid Russian/Putin supporter now because I'm tired of American exceptionalism bs.

This site has mirrored my experiences in real life quite well. I'm always thrown completely into a camp for commenting against the mainstream view. The "if your not for us you're against us" mentality is so strong.

I'm not immune to doing it to others, which I fully admit, but I so rarely see others admit the same. So many people act as if they are unbiased and rational but see only one side of the equation.

Sorry for throwing my rant in on your rant. I don't even know if I got my point across

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I'm actually equally annoyed. I almost always take the side of an argument that is the underdog unless I have a clear and strong view. Apparently I'm just a rabid Russian/Putin supporter now because I'm tired of American exceptionalism bs.

This site has mirrored my experiences in real life quite well. I'm always thrown completely into a camp for commenting against the mainstream view. The "if your not for us you're against us" mentality is so strong.

I'm not immune to doing it to others, which I fully admit, but I so rarely see others admit the same. So many people act as if they are unbiased and rational but see only one side of the equation.

Sorry for throwing my rant in on your rant. I don't even know if I got my point across

Point came across quite well mate...

Now lets see what the "other sided people" will say?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I think it's an ingrained thing with members of the older generation those who grew up and lived during the cold war.
I was in 1st grade 6yrs old when the wall came down. Have been in the US military for about 14 years and I don't know anyonewho gives a Damn about the Russians.

I thinks it's just political propaganda to keep old people afraid. It'll probably take another 10-20 yrs for all those folks and politicians to die, retire or become irrelevant before it finally goes away.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am an oldie too....

Certain oldies should deny ignorance or just "try" and discover what denying ignorance really means?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I agree, I think it will take at least till the next generation for it to die out. I know the people gaining power now senators governors and elected officials are in the late 30's- late 40's and grew up in the height of the cold war and were seriously affected by it mentally and remember how it was during that time and have deep rooted fears that it will happen again. Im sure this is true in Russia and in the US. they say time heals all and I think this will be the case with the tension between the two if we can keep it together not let the fear get the best of us and live and let live.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pez1975

Why aren`t you pissed about your won government ?

You do know history isn`t what they told you it was ?

NATO 1949: The origin of an offensive, expansionist, imperialist military alliance.

Source

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I was a little girl when the Cold War ended, so I can't say it messed me up in any way.

I will say it's not the Mcarthyism that creates my apprehension, it's this massive pissing contest that is going on! That's how I see it. I could call it something else, but it may be deemed inappropriate by others, so "pissing contest" will have to do.
edit on 14-11-2014 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: pez1975

Why aren`t you pissed about your won government ?

You do know history isn`t what they told you it was ?

NATO 1949: The origin of an offensive, expansionist, imperialist military alliance.

Source

Dont get me wrong i dont think the US government is all peaches and cream I have a serious miss trust for them also, but the OP was trying to get an idea why the US and Russia still have hatred for each other and this i feel is a big reason why at this time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join