It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed's Latest Anti-pot Ad Drawing Criticism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Maverick7

AND that's why the police unions, sheriff offices, and prisons are all lobbying to keep marijuana illegal. That alone tells me that the police don't have the public's best interests at heart, despite that being the entire reason they are supposed to exist.

You're right. Police should not be involved in something such as "drugs", because THAT is a public health issue. Not a criminal issue. So, leave the drug issue to the health professionals.

Police have a total of 4 jobs to do for the public.

1. Provide safety to the public when able, required and requested. (ie. Catch the murderers)
2. Enforce and uphold traffic laws
3. Protect private property
4. Maintain public trust by not going outside the bounds of the 3 prior goals.

Straying outside these 4 goals basically spells out that the force is corrupt and should be disbanded. And clearly that is the case for most if not all of the worlds police forces.

When the police pry into the private morals (basically what one chooses to do with their own mind behind closed doors - freedom) of the public at large, police are no more than armed clergymen.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
"Marijuana is bad for kids' brains" is such a completely pointless piece of propaganda. Cigarettes and alcohol are legal... let's have some facts about what happens to a kid's brain who starts using alcohol and tobacco at an early age.

Simple fact is: nobody is advocating legal marijuana for kids so the scare tactic just tugs at the heart strings of the "but... think of the children!!!!" morons.

Another simple fact: "kids" probably have easier access to illegal drugs than most adults. I'm sure there are more sources at your local high school than anywhere else in town.
edit on 11/15/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

First time smoking, but they know what acid felt like ?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I agree that marijuana is relatively harmless.

What i dont get is why you're all throwing cigarettes under the bus. I mean come on look at this video. This kid smokes like a coal power plant and the only side effect is he looks effing cool while doing it. I mean come on, look at his effing jacket. He's like an Indonesian Fonz.

edit on 15-11-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy
I agree that marijuana is relatively harmless.

He's like an Indonesian Fonz.

The Fonz never smoked cigarettes. He would just bang on things and then eat a Tuscadero sandwich after popping his collar. Classic cool. I don't like cigarettes because they are a tool used by fat-cat corporatists with no concerns other than making that next buck. Even if that means that hundred of thousands of people have to die because they are addicted to your product. I believe you were being facetious, however.

Ehhh!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I can't stop laughing at this stupid ad.

Guess what government of Canada and the United States?

YOU LOST

Facts and truths will win out over lies and deliberately misleading information.

There is no study out there that conclusively proves marijuana is the cause for all these "problems" and every study to prove that it's all the pills that people are taking nowadays along with legal cigarettes and alcohol.

If you inhale too much oxygen, your brain shuts down. If you drink too much water, you can dry drown. If you eat too much your stomach could burst.

People that abuse marijuana enough to develop bad effects are the same people who abuse cigarettes or pills, they only disguise their addictive personality with something that is relatively harmless. Smoke enough pot and you will develop problems, I'm not seeing anyone deny that. But you won't get AS MANY problems as you get with all the legal things out there like big pharma pills or alcohol.

Find me someone who has been taking Xanax and Prozac everyday for ten years that isn't a basket case and I'll show you 20 people who smoke a joint a week and are still perfectly fine 15 years later.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

Real cool people roll their own tobacco or smoke it out of a pipe. You know without all the added crap from cigarette companies?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join