It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

67P is really an Alien Space Craft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The comet 67P is no ordinary comet at all but is in fact an alien spacecraft or construction. The singing comet has been monitored by NASA and ESA for the last 20 years.

It states: “Do not think for ONE MOMENT that a space agency would suddenly decide to spend billions of dollars to build and send a spacecraft on a 12-year journey to simply take some close-up images of a randomly picked out comet floating in space.” “Comet 67P is NOT a comet,” the letter continues. “Some 20 years ago Nasa began detecting radio bursts from an unknown origin out in space. It would later be known that these had likely come from the direction of the now named comet 67P. It does show signs on its outside of machine like parts and unnatural terrain.”

I think its a great theory and hope it is true. Other ATS member have noted artificial I have wondered myself why there was so much interest in this comet as I'm sure if interest in this object was just about discovering more knowledge about the birth of the Solar System and universe they could of found a comet much closer. The Rosetta probe has cost around $1.75 Billion which is quite a lot compared to the $75 Million that is cost India to send a probe to Mars.

I think NASA and ESA are really hoping to make some first contact with alien life forms here. The problem for us with this situation is that Government will want to keep any alien communication secret in case they think we are going to be attacked or something.

Lets see what happens. They need to move Rossetta to a sunny part of the comet/spaceship at the moment. Perhaps they can ask the aliens for some help... LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
OK, new to this theory, I was under the logical mind that it was selected due to it's trajectory.. However I'm certainly glad this worked out well. However if this was a suspected craft wasn't it quite a risk to land on it?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ispyed

A spaceship disguised as a lump of rock. Very clever. Not

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Don't be so literal and consider this....

We know that comets and asteroids are out there, can predict their general paths and most importantly, We just turned 67p into our own spaceship....

Expand on that.....simple broadcast towers/sensor stations attached to passing planetary bodies...letting them explore the universe for us...
edit on 13-11-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Then they should equip it with some laser guided machine guns and a pair of dice hanging from the mirror to cruise the galaxy in search for hot alien space girls. Together they can rule the universe blasting any rogue enemy comets that come our way

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

With proper voice actors and a catchy theme song we might be able to sell this to Adult Swim...

But!

While I agree no alien (besides us) has had anything to do with this comet, our very ability to do it proves that any other species capable of at least that level of technology would do something similar if only for their own reasons. I say this should become a standard practice, unless you can provide a sound scientific reason why we can't/shouldnt utilize natural satellites in our exploration of space?

Edit:
What would be the minimum starting pay to be an "Asteroid Tagger" and which Senator can we convince its a good idea?

edit on 13-11-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I guess the same could be said when asking why does a dog licks his balls?

lol, I have no problem hitching rides on comets to explore.

edit on 13-11-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The (non-existent) signal was allegedly picked up 20 years ago, yet this choice of comet was after an Ariane V launch failure prior to Rosetta being launched caused it's delay by over a year.

It's original target was 46P/Wirtanen with a rendezvous in 2011, unsurprisingly this doesn't quite fit in with this fictitious narrative.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Huh, and here I thought we had triangle craft with green lights using our dreams to fly to the edges of the universe. What do we care about someones old beat up space cruiser broken down and orbiting us for 20 years?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It's a rock. A big rock. Nothing more or less. The wonder and "gee" factor of this mission is that it succeeded: Humans put a machine into orbit around a comet, and then landed another machine on it that took a series of photographs. It was just over a century ago that humans took their first small steps into the air, let alone into space. An amazing timeline, with this comet mission firmly and historically on it.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
its probably not a spacecraft but spending so much money to take a few pics dosnt make sense either

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sacredvisions

The same could be said for Mars, or the Moon, or Saturn, Titan, really any of the heavenly bodies.

It's expensive yes, but the knowledge gleaned from these expeditions is priceless.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sacredvisions

No you're absolutely right, but Rosetta will spend the next 1-2 years orbiting the comet and carrying out a variety of detailed measurements as it approaches the Sun enabling us to understand the makeup of the comet and how activity is affected as it gets closer.
Philae also has a variety of instruments on board enabling it also to take a large number of measurements, about 90% is already complete and if the drilling is a success the Philae element of the mission will also be a complete success. While it would be nice to have had it extended by the solar panels enabling it to charge, this was not a requirement.

Instruments on the orbiter

ALICE
CONSERT
COSIMA
GIADA
MIDAS
MIRO
OSIRIS
ROSINA
RPC
RSI
VIRTIS

Instruments on the lander

APXS
ÇIVA
CONSERT
COSAC
PTOLEMY
MUPUS
ROLIS
ROMAP
SD2
SESAME

www.esa.int...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just a Rock, nothing to see here... move along, move along.

Really it was and is a great idea to let this rock carry us around for free...so to speak.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Huh, and here I thought we had triangle craft with green lights using our dreams to fly to the edges of the universe. What do we care about someones old beat up space cruiser broken down and orbiting us for 20 years?

well obviously the triangle folks and their forever men haven't been sharing their information with little ole' NASA and the European Space Agency. they are the "breakaway civilization" after all. lol

though a giant innocuous space rock would be the ideal camouflage for some significantly advanced technology looking to go unnoticed.

or maybe there is some ancient hidden piece of tech in that comet that's part of some giant galactic game of hide and seek. and we're probably losing...psssh

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
you know what will be really cool...is in however many months/years when the sun hits its solar panels after its battery is dead and it comes back to life!

I wonder if that is possible.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

If they are unable to move it, yes that is indeed a possibility over the coming year when the comet approaches perihelion.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I really like this. Write up a quick short story and copyright it before Hollywood pounces on the idea. ;p

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Your twisted logic is showing. If you needed a huge, huge body to contain your folks and equipment, rather than build it from scratch, you would take a natural body, hollow it out and have no need to scratch the outer surface except for small openings. Big savings there in materials and damned near bullet proof so to speak.

What you could assume to be a disguise is, what they say, "Is what it is."

Take a gander at Phobos raw data or look for my earlier article about Phobos. it is a asteroid set in a near-perfect orbit around Mars, and it has been proven several times that its outside dimensions when compared to its mass must mean that it contains huge voids. That fact could meant that the voids are due to intelligent work done inside the body either for living quarters or the results of deep mining, or for some reason we can't comprehend. As for comets, they have a long history of not being what they were supposed--and that condition in science exists right up to this day.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

If you needed a huge, huge body to contain your folks and equipment, rather than build it from scratch, you would take a natural body, hollow it out and have no need to scratch the outer surface except for small openings. Big savings there in materials and damned near bullet proof so to speak.

lol. Your imagination is showing. I would never imagined space aliens from light years away, intelligent enough to traverse space are frugal and worried enough about budget to carve out their home in a comet instead of using state of the art 1,000,000 year advanced technology.

it is a asteroid set in a near-perfect orbit around Mars, and it has been proven several times that its outside dimensions when compared to its mass must mean that it contains huge voids. That fact could meant that the voids are due to intelligent work done inside the body either for living quarters or the results of deep mining, or for some reason we can't comprehend.

I don't know how you can possible jump to such a conclusion. Living quarters? You're putting me on... you think advanced races cruise around inside comets? In the same orbit around mars, over and over and over and...yeah ok.

new topics

top topics

join