It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derbyshire/Bonsall And Related UFO Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I know this is an old topic, but i used the boolean search and didnt find any threads dedicated to these particular sightings. Basically i'm seeking any/all info that you guys may know about this and whether it's been assumed a hoax or still up for debate. I've provided links to the whole story...

Sources:
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.rense.com... (check out all the Quicktime vids)
www.qtm.net...

After analyzing the footage, it was thought that the UFO image on the video could possibly be the result of a video camera/shutter effect from zooming out of focus with that particular Sony 700 camera. But the camera was tested on similar objects (bright stars) under the same weather conditions (evening/night clear sky) and it could not produce the same effect when fully zoomed. Also, the object matched the description of a UFO filmed by a space shuttle crew on a NASA mission (STS-75) and it's highly unlikely that both the civilian who taped the UFO's camera and the space shuttle crew's camera would produce the same glitch zoom effect. I've seen a lot of UFO footage on tv documentary shows and on the internet and this is definitely one of the most convincing to me because of the fact that multiple persons witnessed it, it was caught on tape on several different occasions, the way it glowed and shape shifted, the detail when zoomed onto it with the camera and the fact that NASA witnessed a similar if not the same UFO during the "tether" incident. ( read www.ufonasa.com... ) Rather than me going on about it read the story in the links i provided and let me know what you think. Also if there is in fact another thread dedicated to this, moderators please merge or direct me to that thread, thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Has an explanation ever been given about this? I can't seem to find much on it.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

A bit of a necro thread - i'll be surprised if the OP responds seeing as it's 10 years old.

I was expecting this to be about the Dumbell UFO's reported to have been sighted there on numerous occasions, and i only know of these as i saw a Dumbell myself near Birmingham (some 60 plus miles from Bonsall) and when looking for similar sightings via the net i came across the reports etc.

If it's of any interest, my account is here.

Do you have any special interest in the Bonsall cases? My parents have lived down the road from there for about 15 years and i've been there many times but never had a sighting.

ETA: just looked at my old thread, and the Dumbells in the reports that i read were actually sighted in Monsal, which is about a ten minute drive from Bonsall. Just for accuracy's sake etc.

edit on 12-7-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: Sharted

A bit of a necro thread - i'll be surprised if the OP responds seeing as it's 10 years old.

I was expecting this to be about the Dumbell UFO's reported to have been sighted there on numerous occasions, and i only know of these as i saw a Dumbell myself near Birmingham (some 60 plus miles from Bonsall) and when looking for similar sightings via the net i came across the reports etc.

If it's of any interest, my account is here.

Do you have any special interest in the Bonsall cases? My parents have lived down the road from there for about 15 years and i've been there many times but never had a sighting.

ETA: just looked at my old thread, and the Dumbells in the reports that i read were actually sighted in Monsal, which is about a ten minute drive from Bonsall. Just for accuracy's sake etc.

I just thought it was a bit odd that nobody offered an explanation after 10 years. Normally cases are debunked in minutes here, which is why it interested me.

join