It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama loses his shine in Asia as Xi and Putin steal the limelight (title from Asia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Interesting take on Obama's latest Asian tour.. The article is more about China shoring up connections and finances to combat the U.S. pivot to the Pacific.. Looks like many countries in the region are taking the bait..

In his Far East trip to the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit in China, the East Asian Summit in Myanmar and the G-20 Summit in Australia, Obama has been left with just two cards to play - the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal (TPP) and the South China Sea arrangement. Both issues are designed to counter China's influence in Asia. At the Apec meeting, he sought to push the TPP free-trade agreement, which excludes China, but to no avail. The strategy behind the deal is to maintain the status quo of the dollar regime.

See link for full article:
www.nationmultimedia.com...

China recently launched the Asian Infrastructure and Investment Bank, with 21 countries in Asia agreeing to join. The bank's aim is to finance infrastructure projects within Asia, where demand for funds is likely to hit $10 trillion over the next 10 years. India alone will require $5 trillion in fresh financing to fulfil its needs for infrastructure projects to cope with its rapid economic development. Eventually, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank will provide loans in yuan as part of broader efforts to dethrone the dollar as the world's reserve currency.

Bold highlights are mine

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Im in Brisbane Australia,Obama arrives here tommorrow for the G20 conference,Ive noticed he's definately on the outer with China as at all these summits photos hes been relegated to the wives club section,the media here is playing up the US/China carbon deal but the truth is with a Republican congress its dead before takeoff,which leads to my general comment that whilst Asia still regards the USA as important it knows theres a lame duck President there till 2016 and is acting accordingly.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think the whole Asian tour fumbling is due to them not having a "Plan B".

The ad-libbing is because of the election losses.

They didn't think it could happen.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
From what i here a few Russians ships will be conducting some Putin pecker waving too! What kills me about Obama is he didn't come close to beating the deal made between Putin and the Red Chinese last week. Our guy talks to them about Carbon. Putin signed a deal to share oil and resources with China worth billions over the next Ten years...

No country will take our President serious at all. Why should they. Our media has labeled him a loser. He will accomplish absolutely NOTHING at the summit.

Don't believe me? Look where he's standing in the official photo. Their gonna have to make someone stand beside him.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What the hell did people think that when our credit was downgraded it wouldn't affect things like this? The TPP was a horrible idea it will only hurt us worse. We always shoot for the short term fixes never looking at what may happen in the long term. It all may be coming back to bite us now.

This may only be a temporary thing but it may be a sign of things to come.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I agree with you guys so far... However it ain't all Obama's fault but I must admit he really is easy to blame for the direction the country is headed . The buck stops there etc etc

Our planning and policies by those who pull the strings or set geopolitical policies via think tanks and national security briefs (yes I know he skips many briefs) have been way behind the political power ball for the last ??? years. For once the countries aligning against the dollar and American policies are not some sand dune 3d world civilization but actually civilizations that can fight back both overtly and covertly.

The seeds of destruction are usually sown over time... and there is usually time to uproot the seeds before it is to late.. I fear America is a bit late to the weeding of the garden.. If America was a kid there have been several times a good ear twist would have been appropriate IMO.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
In the meantime:
Thailand and China to join hands in double track railway project
BANGKOK, 14 November 2014 (NNT) – The Transport Ministry has planned to address about the railway link project between Thailand and China on the November 18 cabinet meeting.
thainews.prd.go.th...

The move came after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and the Chinese leader met and talked about the rail link extension projects of their countries during the APEC meeting. China has planned to build a new railway from the Silk Road to the ASEAN region, while Thailand has planned to build new railways to link the country with its neighboring nations.

Good way to move all kinds of stuff is by rail...
Thailand to sign G to G deal with China on 2.2 million tons of rice and rubber - See more at: thainews.prd.go.th...
Thailand has been the rice basket and biggest rice exporter for what seems like forever..

Like I have said before life goes on and has been moving forward in Asia with geopolitical ties to the neighboring countries.. China just says you need a railroad we will help build it and finance it for you. We also want to build some factories in your country... None of this stuff is wanting bases for military Ops. All infrastructure and money making projects which most countries need..

top topics

join