It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 year old man in Florida, arrest again three times!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Sometimes i just don't get America . So the homeless are getting thrown out of their homeless places . Time to send them to Africa where they wont make the people lucky enough to have a place to live and something to eat feel guilty every time they walk past them . I really do hope you have lots more Mr Abbotts . Champion

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

America ? This isn't America any longer my friend it's an invented hybrid monster between that of nazi Germany and soviet Russia.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
As I said in the last thread on this fellow and his horrible crime of feeding the hungry (isn't there a command by Jesus to do just that?), 90 is the new 75. Maybe with this action that should be revised to "90 is the new 70".

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Their not mad he was feeding the hungry he was sharing his own food with them. If went n bought him a burger or gave him the money to buy his own burger no issues would be had.

Sounds to me like their prepping people for the ideas of a mandatory ration no sharing or hoarding and that's all you get for state issued rations.

Again I have no clue just my take on the matter.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Most likely they passed that law because it's a tourist area and are trying to keep it looking cleaned up.....is it right ...no....but va beach has one of the best homeless plans .several church's are involved and take turns every night housing and feeding the homeless. Another out reach center gives them breakfast everyday, and they can use the out reach center as a mailing address if they need one...Does it keep the homeless from getting jobs...maybe? But they are human beings who need food and shelter and showers. Va Beach understood all of this and wanted to keep the tourist happy too, so they designed this program to keep the tourist areas attractive and homeless safe .....maybe Lauderdale has a program like this, I don't know, ......but sounds like what they need.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

seems to me like he is just rocking the boat now.

if he wants to feed people that bad he can donate his time and or money to a food bank or church or shelter that offers meals.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: madmac5150

Pay them the median income of the area problem solved.

Great idea but it doesn't often work. They find work around through bribes and kick backs.

Also, my home state of NC doesn't have a "full-time" legislature. The idiots aren't paid and work full-time jobs, then spend part-time creating laws that aren't suppose to benefit their industry - but you know how that goes.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: Jakal26

seems to me like he is just rocking the boat now.

if he wants to feed people that bad he can donate his time and or money to a food bank or church or shelter that offers meals.

Why can't he do it himself and actually give out food, rather than money to an organization that has overhead costs?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I wish the community would group together for an entire week and join the man in providing food. Let's see them fine and arrest hundreds, if not thousands.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Why can't he do it himself and actually give out food, rather than money to an organization that has overhead costs?

well i guess because it is against the law or some city ordinance....
personally i dont care what he does. i just think he is rocking the boat...
if he is dead set on feeding homeless people he can do it without passing out grilled cheese on the sidewalk or whatever he does...there are other ways

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

well i guess because it is against the law or some city ordinance....
personally i dont care what he does. i just think he is rocking the boat...
if he is dead set on feeding homeless people he can do it without passing out grilled cheese on the sidewalk or whatever he does...there are other ways

It's against the law, but it's the duty of citizens to break unjust laws. I would say our treatment of the homeless is pretty unjust. I've been homeless myself, I couldn't afford both tuition and rent so I had to make a choice. In the end I chose tuition and spent my days (and many cold nights) hiding and hoping the cops or someone worse wouldn't find me. It's not a good life to have. To then say the homeless have no right to food only makes it worse (the laws are written in such a way that no one in town can feed them... gotta leave town if you want to eat).

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It's against the law, but it's the duty of citizens to break unjust laws.

, I couldn't afford both tuition and rent so I had to make a choice. .

i dont totally disagree with the first part. just saying there are ways to feed the homeless without breaking the law.

and you said yourself. you made a choice. you chose not to have a home...
that was your choice and your problem

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

i dont totally disagree with the first part. just saying there are ways to feed the homeless without breaking the law.

There really aren't. Not if you want to feed them in town.

and you said yourself. you made a choice. you chose not to have a home...
that was your choice and your problem

I did, but most homeless people don't.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There really aren't. Not if you want to feed them in town.

I did, but most homeless people don't.

well im sure that town has at least 1 place her can donate food..what about out of town?
people are homeless in there too right?

fact is we dont know why people are homeless...

of course people are in bad ways and are put out not by their choice. others make the choice, much like you did.

not really the issue though....

i say good on this guy..still feel like at this point he is trying to make waves....maybe not at first but now thats what i think

<< 1   >>

join