It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico missing student protesters burn state buildings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Demonstrators set fire to the local legislature building on Wednesday in the capital of the southwestern state of Guerrero in protests over the apparent massacre of 43 students by corrupt police and thugs from drug gangs.

Violent demonstrations rocked several other states, where protesters blocked an airport and damaged the local office of President Enrique Pena Nieto's ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI).

Mexico missing student protesters burn state buildings

Wow, surprised I didn't see this but maybe I missed it?

My god... A massacre of 43 students? What the hell... How is this the first I'm hearing about this? I haven't read anything about Mexico in a while but apparently it's still up in flames...

You know what's funny.. They have a section where they talk about mass cancelations of hotel booking and flights and how it's going to affect the economy down there. Well good... I hope the economy collapses and the townspeople get motivated to fight back and the bs. Time to get angry people.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Sounds pretty routine for that area, but um still surprised you just heard of it....

Anyway, it won't get much traction on ATS because it is a great example of why so many people send their kids this way.

Blah blah, America for Americans, build a wall and shoot em, let em die, etc.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It's pretty bad. They were killed for protesting against their corrupt mayor. He called in the cartels on them. When the bodies were doing the community rose up and the mayor fled. Something like that at least. Pretty crazy. I'll try and find a link when I have time after work.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
www.vox.com...

The 43 student protesters disappeared outside Iguala on September 26, and are believed to have been murdered by a drug cartel at the behest of corrupt local officials. Shortly after the attack, the body of one of the students was found with his eyes gouged out and the skin from his face removed. His companions remain missing.

There's the fear that even ordinary Mexicans, who have no ties to the drug trade or politics, still can't escape from politicized violence: the students were ordinary kids from poor families, studying to be teachers.

On November 7, Mexico's Attorney General Jesus Murillo Karam cut off a press conference about the students with a muttered "ya me cansé " — a phrase that basically means "I'm tired of this already."

Looks likes this is going to go Romanian in a Ceausescu way.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Horrible incident... However the Mayor (Cartel Stooge) and his Wife (Spoiled Crack Whore) were apprehended by Federal Police Forces yesterday I believe and Indited for the murders. The murders were carried out By the local Police Force (Paid cartel hitmen) who were also arrested. There is some film on you tube I believe of the Policemen Taking the investigators to several sites where the bodies were dumped.

Three American students were also in that group and killed. Why? The had loaded up on buses and were planning on protesting student issues at the Mayors election celebration. Details reveal the the mayors wife (Spoiled and enraged crack whore) demanded they be "Taken Care Of".... I say let the revolution begin!

new topics

top topics

join