It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@ Snowbird Jets Collide (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
While driving along to day heard on the local news here at Moose Jaw SK Canada,that 2 of Canada's Snowbird jets had collide during training.The fate of the pilots isn't known and hasn't been released to the public.

www.ctv.ca
Search underway after two snowbird jets collide
CTV.ca News Staff

An urgent ground search is now underway in Saskatchewan after the crash of two Canadian Forces Snowbird jets near Mossbank, about 65 kilometres south of Moose Jaw.

Airforce officials say the planes crashed in mid-air during a routine exercise Friday morning.

Capt. Jay Walker of 15 Wing, the Snowbirds' Saskatchewan home base, reported search and rescue crews had been dispatched to the site.
Walker said the status of the pilots is unclear at this time, despite earlier reports that said the pilots were able to eject safely.

In an interview from her home in Mossbank, Jackie Geis told CTV Newsnet that she was outside doing chores when she heard a "loud boom."

Her dogs started to bark and she looked up.

"I looked up and there were two big puffs of smoke. One to the left of me and one to the right. And I watched the stuff fall to the ground."

Geis, who was on top of a haystack when she saw the crash, said that, from her vantage point east of the crash site, she saw what appeared to be one pilot parachuting to the ground.

"To be honest with you, I saw one pilot come out."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm a retired technician from the Snowbird and have been there when others have gone down.Its devitating to everyone as its a small close knit group.Its always so hard when you have to go out to recouver all the parts of the aircraft that you have worked on with care and running across small bits of flesh that was missed isn't so plessant.
I just read that one is dead and one missing.

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
www.canada.com

new topics

join