It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Obama trade to agree to the Keystone Pipeline?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know. I had no idea that it was basically finished until I was looking up the wiki link for the Keystone pipeline. Are the sections that are finished in use yet?

Dex

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Got the answer. In his 2015 State of the Union Address President Obama said, when talking about America's infrastructure, and I'm paraphrasing, "Let's not stop at one pipeline, but put the...." and mentioned things like bridge and road repair, the fastest internet, train upgrades, etc. Sounds like he wants a full infrastructure bill, and a big one, in trade for approving the pipeline. The TV crowd shots showed some surprised Congressmen, and the Speaker of the House clapped (a sign of political approval at the State of the Union Address). Interesting development.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just thought I'd add this update. I think it's a waste of time because he can just as easily veto it at the later submission date.

Congressional Republicans plan to hold back legislation approving the Keystone XL pipeline to prevent President Obama from vetoing it while lawmakers are away from Washington.

While Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) staged a signing ceremony for the bill on Friday morning, the legislation will not be sent to the White House until after next week’s Presidents Day recess, according to a top Republican aide.

"Keystone isn’t just a pipeline, it’s a lifeline for our construction workers. And the overwhelming majority of the American people know it as well," Boehner said Friday. "So to the president, I would just say this: do the right thing, sign this bill."

Once Obama receives the bill, he will have 10 days, excluding Sundays, to sign or veto it.

Asked about the timeline provided by the aide, a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) suggested the bill could be sent to Obama the week of Feb. 23.

thehill.com...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join