It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I be Pro-US, Pro-NATO. Here is why I am Pro Russia.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: WineWithIce5
Freedom of speech is not protected in Russia, freedom to protest is not, freedom to live peaceably while gay is not.

People get beaten for protesting, people get imprisoned for investigative journalism uncovering corruption, there are angry vigilantes going out and beating homosexuals. Surely you agree thats all bad?

OP, what say you?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb
How about Pro-Individualism. How about Pro-Peace? How about Pro-Not Thinking WW3 Is Around The Corner?

Seriously...

I would very much like to live in the world you live in, can you tell me how to get there.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Freedom of speech is not protected in Russia, freedom to protest is not, freedom to live peaceably while gay is not.

People get beaten for protesting, people get imprisoned for investigative journalism uncovering corruption, there are angry vigilantes going out and beating homosexuals. Surely you agree thats all bad?

All you have proven with that post is how well you receive Western Propaganda.

There are 20 different GAY CLUBS in Moscow alone. They provide GAY TOUR TRIPS, Group Orgies.

There are 20 more Gay clubs in St. Petersbourg

Does anti gay crime happen, it happens even in USA, the gayest country of all.

What is illegal is holding gay parades and having gay sex in public. As well as displaying gay stuff to children.

As for protests, already addressed few posts ago, explained what NGOs were, who paid for them and why they were shut down.

NEXT

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
But how is it that you precieve Russia to be in a better position politically, ethically even...than the West? Both the US and Russia claim to be democracies but are instead both oligarchies...if not plutocracies. Both clearly have private interest steering their agendas.

They clearly have no clue as to how to avoid war. As they are ramping up to confront the west. Which is really he same response most other politicians would give. So, how are they not warmongers as well? They build and sell weapons all over the world. They are lords of war just as much as NATO/ the West.

It's simple really, just stop... Or aim to stop using monetary economics. This is where the crux of global issues stands. On the shoulders of money and banking. And yet every politician on the planet is looking the other way. Hmmm, I wonder why...?

When did I claim Russia is perfect, but I can in fact prove they are 100 times more moral than US and NATO

Lets count the dead.

No no don't look away, lets count the dead bodies. The destroyed families, destroyed resources, people made homeless by the MILLIONS

Too bad US can't ship all the dead to United States to burn in incinerators to produce electricity for decades.

Don't twist my words to say I twisted yours. That, is twisted...you never said it was perfect...and neither did I. Because nothing ever is. Especially countries and their politicking.

Also, really? You want to compare the numbers of dead? That comment alone proves that neither "side" is worthy of praise.

Again, why pick sides when neither ar worthy for the taking?

Russia is as much an illusion as the West is. They all play the money game (aka the Global Pyramid Scheme).
edit on thppmThu, 13 Nov 2014 19:54:26 -0600k1411America/Chicago1354 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

edit on thppmThu, 13 Nov 2014 20:02:27 -0600k1411America/Chicago1302 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

US has done 9/11

and used it to kill directly and indirectly 1 million people and made another 10 million refugees.

Last time Russia killed a million people was Russian Revolution when they killed their Czar who sold Alaska for a bag of gold.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

"Why should I be Pro-US, Pro-NATO. Here is why I am Pro Russia." --- Says the person sitting in front of a computer thousands of miles away ... Try living next door and then lets talk ...
edit on 13/11/14 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

US has done 9/11

and used it to kill directly and indirectly 1 million people and made another 10 million refugees.

Last time Russia killed a million people was Russian Revolution when they killed their Czar who sold Alaska for a bag of gold.

I'm not rooting for the USA...

I'm simply stating that you won't find salvation in another nation. The idea of nations and monetary economics is a dead end. Again...why pick sides?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You are not aware this EXACT conflict started in 1945 with the end of WW2.
ColdWar 1: Ended by Reagan
ColdWar 2: Started in Ukraine this year by TPTB/Obama Mobsters.

Did they conference with or me before pushing Russia to the current situation?
No...

[Quote]originally posted by: Sparkymedic

US has done 9/11

I'm not rooting for the USA...

I'm simply stating that you won't find salvation in another nation. The idea of nations and monetary economics is a dead end. Again...why pick sides?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

17 have been killed. Although other sources put the total at 26 since Putin has come to power.

What about the protests regarding secret soldier burials? All family members wanted to know were why their sons were coming home dead. Those weren't allowed. Just like the protests regarding the soldiers that were captured in Ukraine.

Russia ranks low on freedom of press because the majority of their press is government controlled. I also want to point out that the World Press Freedom Index is put out by Reporters Without Borders. While their headquarters may be in France their membership is composed of journalists all over the world, including Russia. Do you also think Joirnalists Without Borders have a beef with Ethiopia as well, who rank right below Russia?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here, enlighten yourself - oh who am I kidding, you wont. Those gay clubs are being pressured to shut down.

Last time Russia killed a million people was Russian Revolution

Your knowledge of history is pathetic... deliberately forgetting about Stalin's 20-40million body count? How many people did they kill in Afghanistan, Chechnya, and other breakaway colonies?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Well now you're just outright lying. Did you forget the fact that Stalin had millions of his own people killed? During the Soviet-Afghan War over 1 million Afghans were killed and about 8 million displaced.

And while the Chechen Wars never hit a million Russia did kill over 100,000 civilians and tortured countless others.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The Gays already have PTSD on steroids.
When WW3 breaks out, the Gays will...

[Quote]originally posted by: Ridhya
Here, enlighten yourself - oh who am I kidding, you wont. Those gay clubs are being pressured to shut down.

Last time Russia killed a million people was Russian Revolution

Your knowledge of history is pathetic... deliberately forgetting about Stalin's 20-40million body count? How many people did they kill in Afghanistan, Chechnya, and other breakaway colonies?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Russia ranks low on freedom of press because the majority of their press is government controlled. I also want to point out that the World Press Freedom Index is put out by Reporters Without Borders. While their headquarters may be in France their membership is composed of journalists all over the world, including Russia. Do you also think Joirnalists Without Borders have a beef with Ethiopia as well, who rank right below Russia?

Do you want to know the truth ?

Can you handle the truth ?

I don't know why i even bother because this is way above ATS pay grade as they say, but just for your viewing pleasure I will tell you the truth.

When Putin came to power there was great Journalistic freedom and all that, and when Medvedev took over, it was even better. But then both of them and Russian KGB (fsb) noticed something. They noticed that US and CIA have quadrupled their investments in Russian journalism and non government organization, and soon after white ribbon protests started forming in Moscow seemingly demanding "better life, better everything"

It didn't take a genius to realize that US is using Russian democracy to outright destroy Russia

And thus Russian government became more paranoid about who gets their money from where.

I am sure you will dismiss this, or twist it around, but I posted this so that one day 100 years from now, someone will say, look, someone did know what the hell is goin on.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

ok that was 50 years ago and is exaggerated

How is USA better doing this sort of stuff in the last 13 years.

Stalin is DEAD, Russia is moving forward.

US is moving backward. big time
edit on 13-11-2014 by WineWithIce5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

ok that was 50 years ago and is exaggerated

How is USA better doing this sort of stuff in the last 13 years.

Stalin is DEAD, Russia is moving forward.

US is moving backward. big time

Each post you put up makes less and less sense.

You clearly have an agenda to push. And are not interested in logical, educated debate or even considering the views of others.

I'm out.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Good observation, but "Good" world citizens are the potential victims in WW3. Americans decided no revolution yet so we are screwed with a possible nuke Holocaust...worse than world citizens plight.
Correct?

originally posted by: Thill

"Why should I be Pro-US, Pro-NATO. Here is why I am Pro Russia." --- Says the person sitting in front of a computer thousands of miles away ... Try living next door and then lets talk ...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
Each post you put up makes less and less sense.

You clearly have an agenda to push. And are not interested in logical, educated debate or even considering the views of others.

I'm out.

You are the one to talk.

You have on every occasion in this thread ignored the 9/11 inside job as ultimate proof of what kind of people run US and Western Elites.

You obviously have no problem with 9/11 and the people killed. And the ones killed after 9/11.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Oh I forgot, since it was "50" (another inaccuracy) years ago, that means it doesnt count on Russia's record.

Wherever did I say the US is better? Where oh where have I said I support the US? I can tell english is not your first language, im going to assume you're Russian.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

In the decade from 1998, as you can see, the Russian economy grew much more rapidly than the American economy did in the decade from 1948. But what interests me is that in 2008, at the peak of the energy boom and after a decade of run-away growth, Russia’s GDP per capita was still lower than the United States had been back in 1950. Think about that for just a moment. Despite all of the bluster about being an “energy superpower” and all of the hyperventilation that “the bear is back,” Russia’s economy is less developed than the United State’s was more than a half century ago.

Economically, Russia Is Roughly Where the United States Was In The 1950's

I don't want to live in an economically deprived country. Russia is like a third world country compared to the US, one that doesn't speak english, and I'm not learning russian.

edit on 13-11-2014 by nrd101 because: linky

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Attention!!!

Please stick to the topic.....other members are not the topic.
You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join