It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live reporting in Ferguson, unrest expected with verdict.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just a friendly reminder that white people don't riot... for anything worthy anyway.

Pumpkin Riot

ETA: Yes, I'm white.
edit on 11/15/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

We riot. We just do it very quietly.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sure, the Wild West, there's not another history about hanging people to control their actions that comes into play here, is there?

Oh no, it's just a coincidence that lynchings were one of the traditional tools to remind black folks to stay in "their place."

Yep, I'm "playing the race card" because that is about the most unsubtle racist reference I've seen here at ATS.

Some of these postings really are beyond belief, in my opinion.

EDIT: I'm also fascinated because I see some of the same posters praising the idea of an armed uprising against an unfair and overreaching government ... but I guess that only counts when it's white folks sitting around fantasizing about another civil war?

Right.
edit on 8Sat, 15 Nov 2014 08:03:52 -060014p0820141166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Exactly. More people should be rioting, not criticizing those that are actually resisting tyranny.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I'm not trying to get run over by a tank or have my door kicked in by jack booted ninjas. You want to start the revolution go for it. If it's not immediately ended in hellfire missiles I might think about grabbing my trusty nagant and joining up.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Just a friendly reminder that white people don't riot... for anything worthy anyway.

Pumpkin Riot

ETA: Yes, I'm white.

Yes that is true to an extent, however there have been a few pointless riots in the US over Collage games wherin they trash cars and store owner windows..
The undereducated and on welfare seem to look for an opportune time to steal labeled as lets riot''

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
They are going to riot no matter what the verdict ends up being.
Will it be a protest riot with looting of liquer and hair extensions?
Or will it be a celebration riot with said looting?

Isn't it great, Hoosier? While regular people are digging in the sofa
for quarters to keep the gas turned on; the school buses from (you-
gotta-know-where-up-north) full of semi professional event actors
are getting ready to light the non flammable bottles of Colt45. And
tucking the checks into pockets somewhere near the knees.

I know most of that sounded bigoted if not all, but that's maybe--
just maybe what the media wants you to see if/when their projec-
tions of unrest come a jellin'. Almost rhymes with Flam-ageddon.

You want to see some trouble? Let the imported Cooks miss a turn
and end up in ESL for an hour and a half. Lunch. End of problem.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

I'm sure it's easier and more comfortable to think that it's all that petty. Can't have folks being shamed by their non-defense against injustice and tyranny, can we? So much easier to dismiss an entire culture as thugs than admit ones own cowardice.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

St. Louis Schools Will Know First

HAZELWOOD, MO. — A suburban St. Louis school district says schools will get early notice once the Ferguson grand jury reaches a decision.

A letter on the Hazelwood School District's site from Superintendent Grayling Tobias says the St. Louis County prosecutor's office will alert districts 24 hours before the media if the decision is on a weekend.

If it's a weekday, Tobias says districts will learn three hours before media, so students can be sent home before potential protests. District spokesman Jack Wang says districts won't be told what the decision is.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The problem is this is not a case of injustice. You chose the wrong instance and method this time...There is lots of injustice out there, happens all the time and people do care, at least I do. But choosing now or this specific case to kick it off is your mistake.

Once you get passed the kneejerk reaction most logical people see what happened in this case, but those looking for an excuse to blame the white man and had their minds made up the instant the first lie was told about shot in the back hands up will never except the truth. You are the ones blinded by hate and racism.

We need to be one when fighting tyranny, but as long as we let them divide us, we dont stand a chance. So move on from the blaming and wait until you have a solid case to start it up.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The St. Louis business's downtown will be given a two day notice before the verdict announcement. I don't know if all business's will be notified, I only know that those in the downtown area are kept updated. The city and county warned of a possible release Thursday before last, but that didn't happen. Perhaps the County and City are being given extra time to get security into place, as that is what my Daughter is involved in right now, as she is a General Manager downtown.

We are seeing military vehicles as of yesterday. One was filling up at a gas station near me and my kids have reported seeing them on the south side of the city.

This whole affair has been gamed by those in power. If the decision is being held back hoping that cold weather will keep protesters home, then they missed that opportunity as the weather will be back to decent temperatures here on Wednesday. I don't think that is the reason for the delay. My feeling is that the residents here are being conditioned with warnings of violence over time in order that we sit back and accept the fact that our town is about to be over run with military.

The authorities here have made one bad call after another, and I see no end in sight on that.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I agree with your sentiments. They aren't waiting just for conditioning purposes though. They are moving more men and material in during this time. It seems they want to use Missouri as an example of how hopeless resistance is in order to scare the rest of the country into submission.

Fear is the greatest weapon the government has. They are the real terrorists.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

you do know all kinds of people were lynched not just black folks. i find it racist(even though there is only one race the human one) that you would omit that. Werent many slaves out west if i remember.also your view is tainted with movies on the wild west. it wasnt that exciting.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Being a lifetime resident, but for a few years in the area, I can say that the media, and the response of authorities is orchestrated toward forcing more authority down our throats. The general make of of residents, the vast majority anyway, is calm and rational considering the violence that they have endured after the shooting and the many decades of police abuse before that.

If one were to look at the whole picture and consider all that has contributed to the anger, one may be struck with the thought or feeling that the behavior of the protesters and the very few rioters was tame in comparison.

I rarely involve myself any more in these threads as the sentiment of members is not derived from knowledge or understanding, but of ignorance. Most are painting a picture of this area that is not even close to how it really is.

Not one authority figure, from the mayors to the Justice department has thought about the long term well being of our communities, their only interest is covering the butts of an out of control, biased, racist and redneck police department.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: tavi45

Being a lifetime resident, but for a few years in the area, I can say that the media, and the response of authorities is orchestrated toward forcing more authority down our throats. The general make of of residents, the vast majority anyway, is calm and rational considering the violence that they have endured after the shooting and the many decades of police abuse before that.

If one were to look at the whole picture and consider all that has contributed to the anger, one may be struck with the thought or feeling that the behavior of the protesters and the very few rioters was tame in comparison.

I rarely involve myself any more in these threads as the sentiment of members is not derived from knowledge or understanding, but of ignorance. Most are painting a picture of this area that is not even close to how it really is.

Not one authority figure, from the mayors to the Justice department has thought about the long term well being of our communities, their only interest is covering the butts of an out of control, biased, racist and redneck police department.

Well said.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

I heard it could come as early as Monday.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769

I am going to have to agree with you. People made knee jerk reactions to this case and made up their minds before they knew any facts. Intelligent and logical people do not rush to conclusions on anything. There are plenty of cases of injustice out there everyday for whites, blacks, yellows, animals, etc.. that are much more worthy of a riot than this.

This is only hurting any chance of change black people want when it comes to unfair police brutality against them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join