It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live reporting in Ferguson, unrest expected with verdict.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ever hear of repeat offenders? It is a large problem there,but remember,this area got this way by people who would not follow the law to begin with. Now I'm not for goose stepping to any gov.but you must have laws to respect the rights of others. If you have people who openly flaunt those laws and keep getting pulled back into court yet never pay,then yeah you have more warrants than people.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Sounds like it may be safe to move back shortly. With all the police force and media, there may not be any one left alive in that town after the verdict is made public.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I expect a war in Ferguson. The war I expect will be between the McSpaddens and the Browns. Even the Ferguson prosecutor did not want to get involved in the T-Shirt attack.

As far as the protesters. Some of the peaceful protesters have already said that they will sit on the sidelines when the grand jury verdict comes down. This was said I believe by committeewoman Patricia Bynes. I think they realize that they could become human shields for those who wish to use the verdict for violence.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
the real problem is the drug war,

If there wasn't a drug war I bet most of these people would never have faced incarceration and never have become violent.

When your incarcerated violence is an everyday part of life and guess what, it rubs off and desensitized you, first to the system and secondly to violence.

The problem is that once you go to jail, the fear of it is gone for a lot of people especially people who have no hope for a future after getting a criminal record and people who live in depressed areas where they have no vision on success or another way of life.

It really is a cultural issue its not about following the law.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Can you show us some of the threads your talking about so we can reference them for context?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Ever hear of repeat offenders? It is a large problem there,but remember,this area got this way by people who would not follow the law to begin with. Now I'm not for goose stepping to any gov.but you must have laws to respect the rights of others. If you have people who openly flaunt those laws and keep getting pulled back into court yet never pay,then yeah you have more warrants than people.

But when you have a whole town?

I am using my knowledge as to how the police state has progressed to this point to realize that even though I DO NOT agree with the threats of violence and burning down the village, that I can at least see how the corporate prison system has contributed in part to the anger some of these people are feeling!

I am sure that some of those warrants are legitimate, however being an older citizen of this country that grew up with the conditioning that we were the most free nation on Earth, I have realized how propaganda has twisted our minds to do nothing more than accept the new form of slavery we are being faced with!

The war won't be against ISIS, it will be against each other if we continue to allow this kind of oppression to continue!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I totally agree with you about the police state.Yes our prisons are for profit and that drives up the prison population.But you also have people there that are determined to break the law. So they help feed into it. Is that all of the warrants? No there are some that are for minor offenses and should have not even been an issue,but then there are the others....

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
I thought the verdict was due days ago already? Could have sworn I saw a thread on here about it.

They are learning. Bore us to death already with (endless) coverage, announcement upon announcement. Then just like endless war, ebola and debt we tuned out and go someplace else.

Ferguson? Syria? Ukraine? Gaza? Who cares…

For all those that go what, huh? >>> (sarcasm off)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I totally agree with you about the police state.Yes our prisons are for profit and that drives up the prison population.But you also have people there that are determined to break the law. So they help feed into it. Is that all of the warrants? No there are some that are for minor offenses and should have not even been an issue,but then there are the others....

There isn't a chance in hell I will disagree with you on that statement!

But, as usual, I think there is more than we are being told.

Never let a crisis go to waste is my thoughts on this whole damn thing......

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I am sure that some of those warrants are legitimate, however being an older citizen of this country that grew up with the conditioning that we were the most free nation on Earth, I have realized how propaganda has twisted our minds to do nothing more than accept the new form of slavery we are being faced with!

I don't consider this a new form a slavery. To me, this feels like a company store maneuver played out in a larger scale. Most people are not even taught about company store anymore.

In other cases, the company’s motivations were less ideal. The remoteness and lack of transportation prevented workers from leaving for other jobs or to buy from other, independent merchants. In some cases, companies paid employees with a scrip that was only good at company stores. Without external competition, housing costs and groceries in company towns could become exorbitant, and the workers built up large debts that they were required to pay off before leaving. Company towns often housed laborers in fenced-in or guarded areas, with the excuse that they were “protecting” laborers from unscrupulous travelling salesmen. In the South, free laborers and convict laborers were often housed in the same spaces, and suffered equally terrible mistreatment.

PBS Company Towns

Addition: Here is another link about modern day company store. Company Store

Just for those who live near St. Louis; did you know that Sauget was originally called Monsanto.
edit on 13-11-2014 by feldercarb because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2014 by feldercarb because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2014 by feldercarb because: Fixed formatting as best I could. Trying to cut to the chase backfired.

edit on 13-11-2014 by feldercarb because: added company store link addition

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Here are some:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There may be a few others out there floating around,but this gives you a good idea.From the top to the bottom of this list is the youngest post to the oldest. Pay attention to the one I posted with the pictures from the area and you can see how badly things have gone down there. This used to be a typical American middle class neighborhood.

I will also throw this in here as it explains some of what has been going on. I hope this is okay with the mods. If not I will strike this part. There is a movie by this guy that grew up in Spanish Lake,which is an area of North St.Louis Co. It talks about the White flight etc. that happened. This is just a link to the movie review www.imdb.com...
edit on 13-11-2014 by Dimithae because: added a link

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

What on earth did the cop do wrong?

Who knows how many future rapes /murders he stopped by pulling the trigger.

Do you like fire?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Thanks man I appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

My pleasure. There are always at least 2 sides to every story. Its a shame someone lost their life over all this. But there are things that could have been done before all along in raising these kids that would not have put them in harms way to begin with.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: FalcoFan

So just kill people that commit theft cause they may do something worse later on in life?

What if he went on to do none of those things but turned his life around?

We used to hang people for stealing in the wild west days. the crime rate was WAY WAY lower back then really compared to today. Usually theft if you were a adult meant a hanging.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yes back in the uncivilized days of the wild west we used drastic matters, what is your point?
Civilized countries don't condone a death of someone over something he might do later in his life.
And I would love to see where you get the crime rate numbers from the wild west

edit on thThu, 13 Nov 2014 18:31:38 -0600America/Chicago1120143880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
They are going to riot no matter what the verdict ends up being.
Will it be a protest riot with looting of liquer and hair extensions?
Or will it be a celebration riot with said looting?

You do know that riots are not a black only thing right?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
They are going to riot no matter what the verdict ends up being.
Will it be a protest riot with looting of liquer and hair extensions?
Or will it be a celebration riot with said looting?

You do know that riots are not a black only thing right?

You do know the thread topic is about rioting in a Missouri town right?
And that town is 67% black right?
And that is who is doing the rioting in the town that the thread is about?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I'm aware. Your comments imply some racism though. I felt obligated to point out that not only black people riot. Oftentimes the riots that white people and others participate in have no social justice component.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: yuppa

Yes back in the uncivilized days of the wild west we used drastic matters, what is your point?
Civilized countries don't condone a death of someone over something he might do later in his life.
And I would love to see where you get the crime rate numbers from the wild west

Murder rates in the old west pdf

the NOT so WILD WEST

There you go. between those two sources you get a good idea. anyway a armed society is a polite one especially if the criminals know they will be killed.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join