It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live reporting in Ferguson, unrest expected with verdict.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Furguson when the verdict comes down. Reporters are probably taking a risk being in the middle of a hornets nest.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

No evidence has been leaked, just second hand leaks.
Even the lady that did the review of the autopsy said her words were taken out of context and her findings did not prove anything either way.
And just cause the witnesses thought that he got shot and that is what made him stop running doesn't mean what else they say was wrong.
They saw a man running, heard shots and saw him turn around. They just thought it was him getting hit that stopped him.
But I will say he will be cleared, his word vs a dead mans and cops never get charged.
edit on thThu, 13 Nov 2014 16:01:28 -0600America/Chicago1120142880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Furguson when the verdict comes down. Reporters are probably taking a risk being in the middle of a hornets nest.

Your right, I wouldn't want to be there either.

Live stream just started back on.

I hope the verdict does come tonight and this doesn't turn into another Al Capone's Vault... I waited all night for ... nothing!

(post by ScientiaFortisDefendit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Watching Ben now, are all of those businesses boarded up because they are close or just prepared?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Watching Ben now, are all of those businesses boarded up because they are close or just prepared?

In the first session Ben reported they all boarded up their windows in prep for the verdict.

They have "Open come in" spray painted on the plywood.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I believe a lot of the business have been boarded up for weeks. Their insurance companies have said that they will not pay for glass replacement. Better to wait til things quiet down before replacing glass or removing boards.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow, he just reported they have spent 172,000 dollars on more military/riot gear since AUGUST...

This is insanity!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Remember folks -- you cannot help those whom do not help themselves. If the town self destructs, whatever the verdict is, then it's on them, no on else. They got their wits about them during the initial riots/protests (after what, 11 days? 12?) BUT they still need to be just as proactive against trouble now as they (finally) were back then. Otherwise, the speaking out, the attention, the spotlight on the police there -- it's all for naught.
edit on 11/13/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Remember folks -- you cannot help those whom do not help themselves. If the town self destructs, whatever the verdict is, then it's on them, no on else. They got their wits about them during the initial riots/protests (after what, 11 days? 12?) BUT they still need to be just as proactive against trouble now as they (finally) were back then. Otherwise, the speaking out, the attention, the spotlight on the police there -- it's all for naught.

Apparently the locals, according to Ben's reporting, are worried about those that are coming in, not each other.

Both protestors from the outside and the military and police coming from the outside...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just to let anyone who is watching the Ben Swann broadcast; Lindbergh is the main thoroughfare thru Florissant. There are red light cameras at just about EVERY intersection. Florissant is know as red light camera heaven.

Also, The RFT had an article for this week, where one person who lives in the Tower Grove South neighborhood of St Louis CITY determined that 13 municipalities would fit in the neighborhood. If the neighborhood was a municipality, then the neighborhood would have at least 4 thoroughfares where red light cameras would be everywhere. There are very few red light cameras in that neighborhood.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Did you hear that??????

Ben just said, that there are MORE warrants than population for the city of Ferguson!

WOW!

Welcome to the poster child of the Police State of America!

Maybe we should change the USA to the PSA?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
If the verdict comes out the live link will be better than any television show. You may be right, we may see the beginning of a police state very soon if this continues to grow out of control.

I wonder who all the warrants are for, I will see if I can find anything on the web.
edit on 13-11-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I was just reading this thread and your comment blew me away. I'm going to look for links in the meantime do you have any?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Did you hear that??????

Ben just said, that there are MORE warrants than population for the city of Ferguson!

WOW!

Welcome to the poster child of the Police State of America!

Maybe we should change the USA to the PSA?

Yes, a lot of insanity.

Also, he reported there are a lot of people in jail ONLY for their debts.

This has already been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court:

Debtors prisons were outlawed in the United States nearly 200 years ago. And more than 30 years ago, the U.S. Supreme Court made it clear: Judges cannot send people to jail just because they are too poor to pay their court fines.

link

I weep for my country.

Edit to add... looks like the broadcast is over
He said there was some info out from the courts this morning that sparked the broadcast but since they just ended it I guess the verdict didn't come.

Either way I learned a lot of very upsetting things I didn't know before. Hopefully reporting like this will lead to change for the better.
edit on 13-11-2014 by pianopraze because: ETA

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I was just reading this thread and your comment blew me away. I'm going to look for links in the meantime do you have any?

No link onequestion, I quoted it verbatim from what Ben Swann said on his livestream.....

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Also there are a lot of people in jail ONLY for their debts.

This has already been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court:

If you can not pay your fine or child support in my area then there is a bench warrant put on you and you will sit in jail until you get someone to pay your fine. It shouldn't be legal but they seem to get away with it.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So from recent past experience we know the Ferguson situation is a volatile one to say the least...angry citizens, paid protesters, militarized police force.
What would stop a couple of law abiding citizens of questionable character and morals who happen to be licensed concealed weapons carriers to show up there hoping to be attacked and use legal deadly force to defend themselves?

I see Missouri has a "castle doctrine" where you can stand your ground in home or car.Not exactly all encompassing as Floridas.

What would stop a bunch of people from going there armed to the teeth legally with the intent of killing anybody that threatens them?

I'm talking full body camera, running all times, to prove they instigated nothing but went there with the sole intent on killing anybody that threatened them.
They would technically have just as much right to be there as anybody else. If in fact somebody did threaten their lives for being there it would be the attackers fault would it not?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Doesn't look like there will be an announcement of a decision tonight.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BugOut

Living here just outside of St.Louis this is exactly what I heard about it. The grand jury only meets on Wednesdays to hear testimony and deliberate. But somehow then they say that the Browns pathologist is testifying on Thursday. Go figure that one out. I know that the people in the area have heard that they are waiting for it to get cold enough to keep people indoors.

I know someone that lives next to the Browns and said outright,that if the police hadn't shot Mike Brown,they would have.This person said that the family is no good and causes trouble with everyone in that area.They then went on to say that despite the family trying to act like Mike was an angel,he was an outright thug. I don't know them nor am I trying to pretend I do,I'm simply saying that I heard this from someone that lives there.

There is much more going on in Ferguson than what the news can even cover to be honest.If you read some of my other posts I go into what all happened there that I finally said the heck with it and got out.This isn't just a matter of people being ticketed for minor things. You have many many issues going on there that you would not want happening in your neighborhood.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join