It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Evil Stick" - Toy for Toddlers Contains Disturbing Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Basically the toy wand sticker peels off to review an image of a child cutting her wrists. I guess it must be visible through the flashing light inside.

Sure, it may be a halloween toy for "older kids," but the people who made it must have anticipated this toy falling into the hands of children. How intentional was it- do you think someone or some company was trying to be insidious?

I don't think the parents were wrong to assume that the toy was not going to laugh satanically and contain disturbing images...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tAcAnAvAn

Pretty weird toy. What's more disturbing in a way is that the sign on the dollar store makes it look like a $100 store - a sign of the future?

edit on 13-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You shop at a store full of cheap Chinese junk. What do you expect? I hate those stores especially the nasty smell in them.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yea I saw this story about a week ago. If I had one I would trash it. Our kids will find bad things on the net and TV as it is but be danged if i'm going to give them a toy with that type of picture on it. To me anything that desensitizes suicide is garbage. The young mind may not understand that such a thing is a permeant decision for this realm.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBryk

i think its awesome..
i am the opposite of outraged....i want one

the evil stick....ahahahahahahaha

edit*
i agree with the dude...
it says evil stick right on the package...
might have been a hint
edit on 13-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The guy has a point...it says evil stick right on the package. LOL Was mom expecting sunshine and fairies with a name like that? I agree I would be a bit ticked off if I bought one and gave it to my small child and discovered too late what it was, but then again, I can read. Evil stick.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Cheap junk definitely, more sinister agenda perhaps? Dunno why they couldn't have simply used a scary face, instead of that.
edit on 13-11-2014 by Septimus because: Don't wish to thread jack

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

if you see a pentagram instead of a plain ole star then that says something about you...
not the toy

this is a funny story...she must have thought sugar and spice and everything nice was going to come out of the 'evil stick'
hahah

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I totally agree TheBryk. It is very disturbing, because I think there is almost an agenda out there, from China and other parts of the world, to desensitize children from knowing just how precious a human life is "Especially children from the US". And I think they are actual gaining ground, we see it almost everyday, some child either brings a weapon to school, hurts or kills another child. This is totally outrageous and Congress needs to wake the hell up. Im sure there are already laws on the books to keep this junk off the shelves, but with such easy trade agreements and the amount of junk coming from China and other countries it is almost to much to handle, then it should fall onto who is selling the junk. And they should get fined, or worse

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's a collectors item now. Every goth, metal head, and witch wanna be, will be buying them.

And probably Christians will want one to show the evidence of Satan's work.

Clever marketing if you ask me.

btw...mothers that would buy that kind of plastic, worthless crap have no class...I'm surprised they even care; probably just looking for their 15min of fame via utube or a cheezy local news channel looking for ratings.
edit on 13-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

congress....really
i think if parents are worried about this stuff they shouldnt take a chance on the evil stick.

congress.
ha

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tAcAnAvAn
What disturbs me is your sensationalist headline. It is not a toy for toddlers.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

That's a Christian religious thing though, pentagrams in others religions are not seen as evil. Cultural differences is all.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The fancy script on the package had me reading it as "FoilStick" at a quick glance, and considering the shiny silver star I might have just considered it weird Chinese translation. It's possible Mom made a similar mistake. Either way, it's is definately not a toy for ages 3+ like the package claims, and the shop owner is kind of a turd for displaying it by little kid toys, and saying he will keep it on the shelves unless a "customer complains". Really, having the local news team at your door isn't enough of a clue to you that a product should be removed?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

didnt seem like fancy chinese kanji sanskrit to me...
i read the package just fine....
maybe she cant read and only goes by the pretty colors.

my daughter is 2 and i would let her play with it....

i dont really see the big deal...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

97% Christian population in my area, the rest being atheists. Not the most appropriate thing to display on shelves. A belief system intent on degrading/disrupting/destroying another is far from being a simple 'cultural' difference. Whether it's a representation of another belief system or not, the symbolism is the same in Christian eyes. Could have just as easily chosen a smiley face or any other of a list of generic imagery, but they chose that particular symbol, even knowing the connotations of it. It was questionable to me. Thread isn't about that though, so taking my leave.
edit on 13-11-2014 by Septimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have to agree with you on that sentiment.Weird toy LOL one can find some fascinating stuff in the Chinese stores:-)a reply to: CoherentlyConfused

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread

The Wrist Cutting Demon in the Dollar Store Toy

top topics

join