It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plagiarism In The Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

From my point of view Nanak, Krishna and Rumi also represent the idea on Meta level.

Oneness and seeing beyond duality issues like religion/culture seem to be the theme of all of them.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

the same WORD ressonates throughout all history and to understand the way the worlds works one has to let go of a scientific methoed that fails to explain how time exist in other realms and diminsions as well as ours. In short we do not have all the necessary tools or information to see the whole yet allthough if we go by science we get a picture that fits but does not truely portray how things came into being and how things are connected. To gain this understanding would cause our death and the best way to live is by faith because we can't handle the truth.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
The core of Jesus' teachings are in the sermon on the mount (or on the mound, if you're a baseball fan) and the data he tried to tell his crew just before his last night. Those, and his other words. Some of them may have been said by other great teachers, and having Jesus find the same truths isn't unusual at his level. Good fellow well met.

He seems to have been a real person, judging from scholarship and historical tracking of the writings. Maybe lots of his early life and the wows of his birth and all that were made up or plagiarized by overenthusiastic followers/writers/hanger-ons. But for the most part, check out his spoken data in language that does a good job of communicating it.

Actually, there's not an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus actually lived. Nothing was written about him until two generations after he allegedly lived. The words in the Bible attributed to Jesus were written by people who weren't even alive when he allegedly lived and, thus, could not possibly have witnessed him saying anything.

Most Christians don't know that, of course. Even when it's pointed out to them and they confirm it, the hold of the "club" (for some groups, it's a cult) is so strong that it becomes immaterial.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: puffinkron247

Did you ever think maybe these others plagiarized judeo-Christian scripture?

Lol even if your info is true, aren't the earliest buddhist writtings coming from after Christianity already started?

You seem very ill informed about religion for someone who has studied it for 10 years;
Such is easily indicated by the fact: you don't realize the bible never claims a date of birth for Jesus (nor do any Christian churches I've ever been to), the God of the bible is known as El and that is his one of his names and in the bible story with God and job, the original manuscripts before being translated into English list the Hebrew word for God as El.

Can you please provide the sources of information of where these pre bible stories come from and can you please include the dates which they were written.

Same goes to the guy talking about how horus was born of the Virgin Isis.... lol seriously where do you guys do your so called "research"? Which Egyptian texts or artifacts depict this? If you're gonna tell me the book of the dead (lmao) please tell me which chapter or page it's under.

Christians only need apologetics for there attitude and lack of love and truth, people do plenty to bolster faith in scriptures because none have a solid case against them.

The Babylonian "Epic of Gilgamish" was written about 1,000 years prior to the Old Testament story of Noah. With the exception of the name change to Noah, much of it is word-for-word the same.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The natural world came long before any book or myth. There were no stories 10, 20, 30 thousand years ago. Man plagiarized these truths then weaved them into their myths, not the other way around as you suggest. God didn't mirror myths into the natural world, man did the exact opposite.

No stories 10,20,30 thousand years ago? Huh? Where do you get this stuff? Humans have existed for at least 150,000 years.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

See that is why the Church (Catholic) called it "plagiarism in anticipation". Satan and all his devils knew JC the younger (JC the elder being Julius) was on his way, and to "test the faith of every one" these older examples were seeded in history. Now to be fair there are no exact matches to Christ. But there are no exact matches to each other and its a theme that can be seen.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Abednego

Or if Satan is the serpent, How can he impregnate a woman? Assuming he is a spiritual being.

Angels have the power to incarnate and impregnate human women, Gen 6:4.

And Harry Potter can fly on a broomstick. It says so in a book.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Grovit

bullshinto science+common sense+logic=LOL

Angels are beings of energy from another dimension. Since science (which has been rewritten multiple times to suite our emotional needs) is based on mankind's limited observation, which is restricted to a 4-D realm, you have no justification for such a childish comment. Try looking up one day and ask yourself if physical life all there is.

Not accepting materialism as the end-all and be-all does not necessarily translate to your claim that angels are beings of energy from another dimension. For starters, you can't prove that angels actually exist. Next, you'll likely claim that the Abrahamic God created angels. another claim you can't prove. Perhaps you would have more success presenting your beliefs as beliefs and not as facts.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

the same WORD ressonates throughout all history and to understand the way the worlds works one has to let go of a scientific methoed that fails to explain how time exist in other realms and diminsions as well as ours. In short we do not have all the necessary tools or information to see the whole yet allthough if we go by science we get a picture that fits but does not truely portray how things came into being and how things are connected. To gain this understanding would cause our death and the best way to live is by faith because we can't handle the truth.

Faith in what?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

See that is why the Church (Catholic) called it "plagiarism in anticipation". Satan and all his devils knew JC the younger (JC the elder being Julius) was on his way, and to "test the faith of every one" these older examples were seeded in history. Now to be fair there are no exact matches to Christ. But there are no exact matches to each other and its a theme that can be seen.

Yes, they're unparalleled for the effort and skill used to rewrite history and twist anything to suit their agenda.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Oh I don't know, pre-christian Rome was pretty good at that too

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think the Bible uses many forms of literature .Probably them all .I think that is why you could have so many independent opinions about what it is saying .The mere fact that it usually says something to those that read it speaks for itself .Some scientific investigation takes them into the Bible to find answers for their inquiry . Could you tell me which branch of science would be the one to verify the Bible seeing you say science have proven it false ? a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I've not seen the bible do any peer reviewed literature to be honest

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Book of Enoch wasn't included...that's my point. When man picks and chooses it's just an opinion. It's manipulation. Religions roots...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: puffinkron247

The library apparently isn't working as your knowledge of who preceded Christ is way way off. Go check out the link in the OP. Those are just 10 "sons of god" from dozens proceeding Christ.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am not sure what you are saying .You saying you have just as much proff as me when you don't know how much proff I have is quite a statement . I was inquiring as to your source of proff not how much of it you had . quality not quantity . a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You missed my point. The natural world came long before stories and even humans for that matter. Humans have existed for at least 150,000 years? Try billions of years with the natural world.

You can't say that God wove mythical constructs into nature when mythical constructs came after the natural world. That's completely backwards. If anything, man's stories used the natural world as the foundation of their myths.
edit on 11/13/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that it's all a matter of perspective, not proof. There is no "proof" for either side because we came long after these stories were written down.

If you show your proof I'll show mine. If your proof is prophecy then my counter would be that prophecy is the blueprint and events unfolding today are self-fulfilling because those in power have that blueprint to follow.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

you base that on what science tells us. If in the case science is wrong then who knows what the truth is.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

faith that the word is true and that by some other knowledge than our own we could learn how it is that we have it backwards or twisted. The whole premise for the thread is based on the fact that one comes to these conclusions by way of man and not faith in god's word. it is saying that god is a liar and that is blasfemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join