It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plagiarism In The Bible

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
what i am saying here is that a dusty old book is pretty anticlimactic for the king of kings. a giant mountain with fire letters carved into it seems like one of those opportunities to say "hey you down there, im being serious. who is going to question a man who can literally raise a mountain with a word? and if there ever was any question he could just raise another one. or maybe put a second moon in the sky with his name written on it.

Cool. How'd that work out for those who did have opportunities to see God directly? (Answer: mixed bag.)

there is merit to abstaining from displays of power but there is also merit in not letting it go to waste.

Woah there! Says who?

6 million innocent jews and two world wars are what i would call a waste. 911 is what i would call a waste. all the rapes and murders happening on the streets every day. from start to finish, i see a lot of hot air and dawdling. hitler and saddam and rasputin were all one little chemical reaction away from being magically aborted. or one small navigational error away from the titanic making a safe trip. one lightning strike away from stopping a hijacked plane. no? guess not.

So, you think God should be all into precrime?
edit on 25-11-2014 by StalkerSolent because: More of these: "/"

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: StalkerSolent

temple of god huh? is that all i am? a reminder of someone else? just a reflection. thats quaint.

What would you prefer?
I'm all for hearing good ideas

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent

temple of god huh? is that all i am? a reminder of someone else? just a reflection. thats quaint.

What would you prefer?

something a little more personal and self-affirming than "my existence has meaning only as long as this other person is around". "temple of god" to me sounds like "you are here so we can look at you and thank god that he was so thoughtful to gift us with your presence" or "you are property of god and therefore valuable". thats really really conceited. i want to be my own temple because ME is just as important as HIM. besides i only have one body and he has how many churches? hell he has a city that is its own country devoted entirely to him. let me keep my body for myself thanks. am i the only one?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Cool. How'd that work out for those who did have opportunities to see God directly? (Answer: mixed bag.)

why is god always the go-to guy for prayers and miracles but whenever it comes to proof he suddenly has to let his nails dry? its humid and he just got his hair done, office closed for the week. and he cant even deliver THAT message himself.

Woah there! Says who?

says every successful business in the history of ever. if you have resources, dont waste them. first rule. second is dont disappoint your customers the same way twice. guess he dropped the ball on that one too.

So, you think God should be all into precrime?

why get an alarm system if you are just gonna leave the door unlocked? everyone says god knows everything and sees everything like it should mean something and now you are here saying god has no plans of looking out for us. if you know something bad is going to happen and you choose to let it, you are right there committing that crime as well. perhaps god should put himself in the hot seat when he is done with the rest of the sinners.
edit on 25-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent

What would you prefer?

something a little more personal and self-affirming than "my existence has meaning only as long as this other person is around". "temple of god" to me sounds like "you are here so we can look at you and thank god that he was so thoughtful to gift us with your presence" or "you are property of god and therefore valuable". thats really really conceited. i want to be my own temple because ME is just as important as HIM. besides i only have one body and he has how many churches? hell he has a city that is its own country devoted entirely to him. let me keep my body for myself thanks. am i the only one?

Let me see if I'm getting this straight:

You're mad at an eternal God who made you, who is *substantially* superior to you in terms of power and intellectual prowess, but who made you in his image (that being the best the universe, which he created and sustains, has to offer, mind you) gave you a soul and free will and then died for you in order to set you free of sin, because you are not as important as him?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Let me see if I'm getting this straight:

You're mad

nope

at an eternal God who made you, who is *substantially* superior to you in terms of power and intellectual prowess but who made you in his image (that being the best the universe, which he created and sustains, has to offer, mind you) gave you a soul and free will and then died for you in order to set you free of sin, because you are not as important as him?

god had to kill himself to save me from a mistake he made because of that "not using his omniscience" thing we talked about earlier and its my fault because i totally made him do all that. i am not responsible for god being a lousy production manager and engineer. i am flawed, yes thank you for noticing, and oh so kind of you to blame me for the designs i didnt make. who did? oh yes YOU DID. where was i? i didnt exist yet. but i am still responsible. thanks for that.

my body is mine. it is not his temple. it is not his mirror. it is not his loudspeaker. it is ME.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

They also spent a lot of time wrangling over circumcision. Sometimes, it takes a while to get stuff straightened out.

That's the problem with designing a religion that's based on a whole bunch of other religions. What to keep, what to toss?

The Doctrine of the Trinity has been around for a while, though.

Indeed! At least as long as the Osiris Mysteries possibly longer.

Ummm...Eucharist

That's a Christian description. Christians like to think that they invented stuff that they didn't. The idea of eating life to get life is as old as the hills. The mystery of the transmutation of nutritional energy through the consumption of grain into bread (flesh) and/or beer or wine (spirits) is the source of the (Christian) Eucharist.

Eating the Flesh of the Goddess: Demeter and the “Bread of Life”

Yes...there is a difference of degree between saying the rest of it is meaningless and saying that one part was more important.

The only meaningful part of the life of Jesus of Nazareth, according to today's Christians, is that he died. He is worshiped, not because he lived, but because he died. Now he "lives", supposedly, in an eternal celestial realm, from which he came.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

nope

That's good!

god had to kill himself to save me from a mistake he made because of that "not using his omniscience" thing we talked about earlier and its my fault because i totally made him do all that. i am not responsible for god being a lousy production manager and engineer. i am flawed, yes thank you for noticing, and oh so kind of you to blame me for the designs i didnt make. who did? oh yes YOU DID. where was i? i didnt exist yet. but i am still responsible. thanks for that.

So...you're not a fan of that whole "free will" thing?

my body is mine. it is not his temple. it is not his mirror. it is not his loudspeaker. it is ME.

Products inherently reflect their designer. But people have a lot of choice in how well they do (or don't) reflect their Creator.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's a Christian description. Christians like to think that they invented stuff that they didn't. The idea of eating life to get life is as old as the hills. The mystery of the transmutation of nutritional energy through the consumption of grain into bread (flesh) and/or beer or wine (spirits) is the source of the (Christian) Eucharist.

Well, that's your speculation

But maybe it's the other way around

The only meaningful part of the life of Jesus of Nazareth, according to today's Christians, is that he died.

This is incorrect. Christians today (should, I think, anyway) find all of Jesus' life meaningful

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

why is god always the go-to guy for prayers and miracles but whenever it comes to proof he suddenly has to let his nails dry? its humid and he just got his hair done, office closed for the week. and he cant even deliver THAT message himself.

Why would God want to prove that He exists? Think about it

says every successful business in the history of ever. if you have resources, dont waste them. first rule. second is dont disappoint your customers the same way twice. guess he dropped the ball on that one too.

Erm...since when are we God's customers? And God a business?
You do realize that He doesn't get the proceeds from the televangelists, right?

why get an alarm system if you are just gonna leave the door unlocked? everyone says god knows everything and sees everything like it should mean something and now you are here saying god has no plans of looking out for us. if you know something bad is going to happen and you choose to let it, you are right there committing that crime as well. perhaps god should put himself in the hot seat when he is done with the rest of the sinners.

So...I wasn't aware that God was an alarm system. Perhaps you're reading a different instruction manual (in this case, the one for God, not the one for us
)

I do not remember saying that God has no plans of taking care of us. Your post indicated you thought God should smite people before they could smite other people.

Now, you're saying it is wrong to let people suffer when you can do something to stop it. What do you propose God do? And, perhaps more interestingly, on what authority or system of morality do you say such things?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

God might wabt to prove himself if he wants to be taken seriously. the lives of his precious children hang in the balance.

immortal soul for eternal salvation. that is the exchange and the condition. you are my b***h and i will protect my property which now includes you. i call that business. just like working the street. but instead of turning tricks you convince other people to sign the dotted line.

as for the precrime activity, what part of omnisxient and omnipotent is unclear? Together they make you devoid of plausible deniability. You choose to act or not to act. but you still choose. so what gives the rapist more right than the victim?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

God might wabt to prove himself if he wants to be taken seriously. the lives of his precious children hang in the balance.

*shrug* Most people take Him seriously.

immortal soul for eternal salvation. that is the exchange and the condition.

Why do you think He wants your immortal soul?

you are my b***h and i will protect my property which now includes you. i call that business. just like working the street. but instead of turning tricks you convince other people to sign the dotted line.

Um, why do you think God needs to convince people to sign the dotted line?

as for the precrime activity, what part of omnisxient and omnipotent is unclear? Together they make you devoid of plausible deniability. You choose to act or not to act. but you still choose. so what gives the rapist more right than the victim?

Deniability for what? Letting mankind be free? Letting mankind have responsibility?
And what are rights, anyway? How do you even know they exist?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Because the soul is all he gets to keep. the rest is just so much refuse.

accepting jesus is signing the dotted line. until that happens, no deal.

have you ever heard of natural rights? Rights that don't have a spiritual basis. Wikipedia explains it better than i can.

and god proving his own existence to all intelligent lifeforms in one fell swoop is probably the quickest and easiest way to prove that he is not just some plagiarized figment of ancient mysticism. But that's just if he wanted to do it the easy way. Any insurance company that wastes time and money doing things the hard way is probably not the safest backup.
edit on 25-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Because the soul is all he gets to keep. the rest is just so much refuse.

I just don't see what you seem to think is so great about a soul. I mean, God could make bunches of them if He wanted, so why does He want yours?

have you ever heard of natural rights? Rights that don't have a spiritual basis. Wikipedia explains it better than i can.

Yup, but I don't know how that works unless you believe that nature was created

and god proving his own existence to all intelligent lifeforms in one fell swoop is probably the quickest and easiest way to prove that he is not just some plagiarized figment of ancient mysticism. But that's just if he wanted to do it the easy way.

But what's so great about that? God proves He exists. Fantastic! A bunch of people come to that conclusion on their own, using the flaming letters, so to speak, written on their hearts, or in nature. So why would He do it?

Edit to add: This is sorta way off topic. Feel free to PM me instead

edit on 25-11-2014 by StalkerSolent because: Topicality

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Arrestme

Personaly, I would expect nothing less of the 1 true messiah/prophet, than his story being literally written in the stars, therefore predating him, leaving much room for "copy-cats" or attempts at fullfilling these prophetic requirements, up until one person actually lives through all of them to completion.

In short: I propose the possibility of all of these "candidates" stories to be "plagiarized", not from 1 original story that happened already, but from 1 that is read from translation & symbology of the stars, written by a creator & trying to make itself manifest.

Very nice

This would make a very thought provoking thread, in and of itself. A lot of things come to mind, Jungian Archetypes, pareidolia, indoctrination, chemical stimulation.....

I thought it made sense too. Watched a bit of that video, but I have it in queue. Came across this video that reminded me of my post here. Y'all should check out this video that makes fair claims providing sources and proof that Zeitgeist can be quite easily debunked.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They say that Jesus said that you must pay your taxes but if you look at the story he was surounded by Romans and knew if he said anything else at the time then a lot of people would had been killed on the spot.

He said the coins belonged to the man who head was on the coin but the chruch and state like you all to think he was saying you must pay taxes when he was not.

The whole of the bible has been written, re-written and can be read in ten difrent ways.

Born of a virgin, resurected was a story that has been told 5000 years ago and changed every few hundred years or so but a name starting with 'M' seems to always be used for the 'Mary'

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Can you please site your claim? If u even just regurgitated Zeitgeist....the SINGLE post after mine debunking that. Nowhere is it said others had a virgin birth, and neither was anyone resurrected in STRICT EXEGETICAL TERMS!

You sir fell for the same # we all did buying into Zeitgeist "movement" (more like a bowl movement) without checking our sources, as this video points out for virtually every claim! We were straight up lied to, mostly because of the cool voice in it people liked and spread the word lol.

Don't take this the wrong way everyone, but throwing aside biblical accounts based solely on confidence in your own innate senses or gut feelings is MADNESS from a historical point of view. Take the Bible as a "piece of the puzzle", or else it's really quite ignorant of any one of you to say that it's all hogwash. In defense you may claim it's "doctored". Somebody smart would tell you right there that you're on the right track! A track not many people can say they pursue. If u gave up out of reasons of "finding the right direction", u may find it but you won't get there without all the puzzle pieces, and the Bible is at least a corner piece.

There's a blasted answer in this BOOK SOMEWHERE, everyone's just been raised to ask the wrong #ing questions!
Here's the video again for you good sir.

edit on 14-12-2014 by Arrestme because: '']['' [[]] [[]] ][_,

edit on 14-12-2014 by Arrestme because:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Bible is a great example of the fact that we live in the Garden of good and evil better translated as TRUTH AND LIES. The bible seems to have 2 distinct voices one where God is good and the other God is bad. While the Creator GOD is Judge having dominion over all beings and is fair though there are 2 princes. While he/she was Creating these 2 princes provided younger aspects of them selves to fill up Heaven and Earth.

The creator eventually put us all together right here on earth. These 2 princes were given rules and laws on how to keep and recruit souls but ultimately the choices are made by each soul. When Time ends we will be sent to the respective place we have earned from our behavior here. Though it seems we live in a mad house with free will there will be a final account of all deeds. Because there is order in GOD's kingdom reward and punishment will be enforced at the end of this time period.

It's really very simple the problem is the Prince of Darkness is more zealous about recruiting and the children of light seem to be very easy to corrupt. There is an opportunity to avoid certain catastrophe but many will not see it early enough to take advantage of the opportunity. When that door closes the ignorant and deceived will be tried in the fire. It will resemble Exodus and Sodom and Gomorrah for the wicked but for the deceived it will be more like Nazi Germany. The great Harvest of Souls with the Creator GOD as a fair Judge neither good or bad but fair.

a reply to: Jenisiz

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join