It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plagiarism In The Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Defending what ? their religion that is man made ? Or do you question some of what they see as the truth within the body of text that we call the bible ? a reply to: Jenisiz

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The core of Jesus' teachings are in the sermon on the mount (or on the mound, if you're a baseball fan) and the data he tried to tell his crew just before his last night. Those, and his other words. Some of them may have been said by other great teachers, and having Jesus find the same truths isn't unusual at his level. Good fellow well met.

He seems to have been a real person, judging from scholarship and historical tracking of the writings. Maybe lots of his early life and the wows of his birth and all that were made up or plagiarized by overenthusiastic followers/writers/hanger-ons. But for the most part, check out his spoken data in language that does a good job of communicating it.
edit on 13-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

Did you ever think maybe these others plagiarized judeo-Christian scripture?

Lol even if your info is true, aren't the earliest buddhist writtings coming from after Christianity already started?

You seem very ill informed about religion for someone who has studied it for 10 years;
Such is easily indicated by the fact: you don't realize the bible never claims a date of birth for Jesus (nor do any Christian churches I've ever been to), the God of the bible is known as El and that is his one of his names and in the bible story with God and job, the original manuscripts before being translated into English list the Hebrew word for God as El.

Can you please provide the sources of information of where these pre bible stories come from and can you please include the dates which they were written.

Same goes to the guy talking about how horus was born of the Virgin Isis.... lol seriously where do you guys do your so called "research"? Which Egyptian texts or artifacts depict this? If you're gonna tell me the book of the dead (lmao) please tell me which chapter or page it's under.

Christians only need apologetics for there attitude and lack of love and truth, people do plenty to bolster faith in scriptures because none have a solid case against them.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: puffinkron247

If you're truly interested about your questions you'd study it for yourself. You can't expect everyone to do the work for you, you should see this thread as a springboard, that is of course if you're legitimately trying to understand.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It was called Plagiarism in anticipation by the Church back in the day. Apparently its all "timey whimey" and stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Genesis 3 foretells the advent of two characters: the Christ from the line of Eve, and the anti-christ (apollyon) from the line of the serpent. Apollyon is the first of 7 Kings who dies and is revived as the 8th. The story behind the Osiris/Isis/Horus trinity is the story of Apollyon's first advent. Since Satan usurped dominion over the earth from Adam, Satan's son was given dibbs on appearing first. While the two characters share similarities, they are very different. One is Messiah, the other is trying to usurp the title of Messiah. The latter legends (Baal, Mithras, Dionysus, Krishna, etc) are simply a re-telling of the Osirian trinity. The story of Jesus, however rivals the story of Osiris.

So, these similarities are to be expected per Genesis 3.

Genesis 3:15
"And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

I'm intrigue, If the serpent can impregnate a woman, then the serpent is another human being. Or if Satan is the serpent, How can he impregnate a woman? Assuming he is a spiritual being.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: puffinkron247

You can click the link I provided for more info and or watch the history channel. They predate Jesus by 1000's of years. It's pretty basic knowledge...scriptures A predate any mention of Jesus and his references don't appear for another 1000 years. Krishna predates any account of Jesus by over 2000 years. It's everywhere. I ***WAS*** very religious until I attended college and took several world religions courses...I continued to research it from there and found several alarming things.

Don't feel like getting into it but you're familiar with the term BC correct? "Before Christ". It's a generally assumed date based off the book you hold true. Stories exist before the bible by over 4000 BC.

the2ofusr1 - Pretty much am curious as to all you referenced haha. It's very apparent that it's made up or passed orally down. More important...how do you believe a church and religion with solid proof mans hands have edited the hell out of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
www.patheos.com...

It was a fake penis, so Isis she pretty much masturbated Horus into existence, which makes her a virgin really.

Buddhism, 5th century B.C, so it a almost 200 yrs older then Alexander the Greats campaign.

edit on 13-11-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Not sure about the "another human being" bit, because Jesus is via an Angel acting as Gods proxy. You have to insert (sorry bad word choice) some mysticism when dealing with religion.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Oh and the book I was thinking of which details the OP's ideas is the "The Jesus Mysteries: Was the "Original Jesus" a Pagan God? 1999 by British authors Timothy Freke

Sadly its a bit #e

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
O don't forget the Old Testament also, which is were the New Testament is based off....

Which was Jewish , not Roman, also the fact they hate each other just like the Catholics hate protestants, or how Sikh hate Hindus, or how Islams hates all of them and uses Jewish folklore as well, with Arabian folklore.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes. Notice how the reinforcement that the bible is true happens when people are the most emotionally vulnerable?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Right, and that is a good thing. The bible has remained static for close to 2000 years.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
"All of these similarities are superficial."

"Satan created these stories knowing Jesus' life would eventually mirror the same events."

"Christianity is unique and just because these other stories are similar doesn't mean anything, they aren't exactly alike so I'll ignore them."

I think that covers the basics on Christian apologetics. To ignore these overwhelming similarities is ignorance, I think it's pretty obvious that the bible and Christianity aren't "unique" in any way.

Just like Satan made dino bones so people wouldn't accept earth was over 6000 years old, and ice bergs made of fresh water and much older than earth's 6000 years again?

Satan made Buddha's story?

I actually believe that Buddha and Christ are the same person, metaphor or real.

Of course there is the possibility that you wrote ironically.
edit on 13-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Abednego

Not sure about the "another human being" bit, because Jesus is via an Angel acting as Gods proxy. You have to insert (sorry bad word choice) some mysticism when dealing with religion.

I'm trying to keep the mystic part out, because the thread is not about mysticism. But an angel acting as a proxy (hummm), consider this; ancient civilizations use to consider their priests as representations of god (proxy).
And last, if Jesus was conceive via divine intervention, then technically he is not Eve's offspring.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yup. This is the mythological interptetation
of christianity. You have not even scratched
the surface if it; the historical evidence of
this is truly overwhelming.

What makes me the most sad however is
not just the millions of innocents tortured
and slaughtered directly by 'the church'
and her agents, which included most
European goverments up until modern
times...but what is in fact much worse
is the monstrous corruption done to
the mythology christianity stole.

Originally, pretty much ALL cultures in
the world were matriarchal or at least
equitable.

But with the rise of patriarchy, around
the time the land now known as the
Sahara desert dried up...

This monstrous earth destroying philosophy
based upon corrupted and distorted male
aggression and ego started destroying the
earlier peaceful and truthful systems.

What was not destroyed outright was
corrupted in the most insidious manner.

Originally for a hundred thousand years
or so, the 'trinity' was father, mother, child.

But since one of the major purposes of
patriarchy is to degrade, control and
torture women, the 'mother' was removed
from the trinity and replaced with a gender
neutral replacement 'the holy ghost'.

'Sin' was created, which had never existed
before and humans were utterly dehumanized
and turned into scum before they had done
any 'good or evil' (original sin...the most
vicious lie ever cteated in the history
of the world and the most harmful).

Of course 'sin' was womans fault.

Sin, good, evil and all that were concepts
that barely existed before patriarchy,
and were nothing like the modern
corruptions.

Not one single word exists in modern
forms of patriarchy which are not in
fact horrible perversions of what once
was in fact true and beautiful...and
which didn't need to be explained
to anyone...with or without a book.

People are in fact innately moral
for the most part....modern science
has demonstrated this repeatedly
for years.

With no such thing as good or evil,
sin...heaven or hell....a male god..
certainly nothing to be saved from..
patriarchical religion, a control tool
created by the Roman Empire from
stolen materials in toto, has all but
created the self-fulfilling prophecy
of a ruined Earth...populated by
people, most of whom dont know
who they are or where they came
from...or how the destruction of
'woman' has emperiled the entire
planet.

That long post is not even 1% of
what every person should be
taught in grade school.

Kev

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You might interested in this site OP: Exposing Christianity Not saying everything there is accurate, but at least what I have cross-referenced so far has been good.

It is this type of thing that was instrumental in opening my eyes to the truth about my own beliefs.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Through research over the course of a decade still can't fathom as to aside from "faith", what drives individuals to defend the Church and Christianity.

If we can keep it this simple…

"Church" and most notably "Sunday school" is where we are conditioned in the beginning of life to accept and do that we are told without question.

Just believe (or faith as some misconstrue it) is the first object lesson. The authority of ones owns reason never gets a chance to develop. It is supplanted by the authority of the "lesson", later the teachers desk and in full bloom the Podium, news desk and "official sources agree".

Here we are…

This is where we came from.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Also all three are scared of God unleashing Satan upon the world, although I don't think Jews are scared of going to hell, unless they are scared of going to hell.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

i dont understand how people believe in a book with stories that violate the known laws of the universe.
and
i think its a riot that a great deal of the people that do believe in the bible can not even agree on what a lot of it really means..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join