It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Unveils Its New Gold-Backed Currency To Remove Itself From "The Oppressors' Money System"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Char-Lee

I don't see outsiders jumping on the "behead whoever" bandwagon!

If it was just the gold thing I'd agree.

However no one in their right mind would get behind them on this after all the atrocities.

I believe half of what i hear and see, so who knows who beheads whom.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Okay, I am confused. Is ISIS going to mint coins made of Gold or Silver or Copper? Or are they going to make money based on the amount of gold, silver or copper they possess? How much gold, silver and copper does ISIS possess. If they are going to make gold, silver or copper money, how much of the precious metal will be in the coins?

Will the currency be on a 1:1 basis with the price of the precious metal? Thus, the value of the money will be based on the current value of the precious metal.

Someone in the know, please educate me further.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I see two problems with this.
1. So you can say it's backed with gold but that doesn't mean it is. Plus who's got the nerve to ask them for a swap?
2. One hellfire missile into their reserve pile and the currency collapses.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
just from a historic, and collectors view point, that would be quite the coinage to have in a collection. Your very own authentic terrorist cash! Unfortunately, if some up tight gov agent found this in your possession every alphabet agency out there would be crawling up your Hershey highway for quite some time I suppose.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

Yup. There you have it. You have a gold-backed currency you need the gold to back it and a place to store it. We'll just blow it up and the banks of the world know it. So who's going to risk being their central bank?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You're Right on That Char-Lee, It's still Very Up In The Air as to Who's Who in All These Fun and Games. Good Reply and A Star for You
Arjunanda. a reply to: Char-Lee

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
just from a historic, and collectors view point, that would be quite the coinage to have in a collection. Your very own authentic terrorist cash! Unfortunately, if some up tight gov agent found this in your possession every alphabet agency out there would be crawling up your Hershey highway for quite some time I suppose.

Exactly my thought. I don't give a good goddamn about "how" thy're planning on doing it. But I'd love to get my mitts on a set of these things just for the lark of it.

Yoo bad there really aren't any catchy nicknames i can think of. Jihad jangles? Behead-o-Bucks?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: JHumm

If they have enough gold to distribute as a currency then it's 1 of 5 groups.

The U.S...
The U.K...
China...
Israel...
Or Russia...

Who benefits the most?

I'd say China or Israel actually!

Nailed it, makes the most sense to make life so unbearable that people would flock to oppose the current monetary system. Only to find out the new currency was created and controlled by the old empire in its death throws as a means to come back. I'd say the revolutionary thing would be not to adopt any currency at all. I'd concentrate on self sufficiency and self governance.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'd say ISIS benefits the most. They have a bunch of westerners they'd just as soon behead routing for them over rumors of a gold standard.

How the hell are those pig f*@#ers going to uphold a currency? On the back of what GDP are they going to base it on? Their trade in goat sex slaves? The only thing these animals have going for them is a bunch of goofs on sites like ATS that don't even believe they exist, and the spoils of rape, murder, and war.

Nobody will ever back their $*#!!y islamic gold based currency, and you can take that to the bank.

$*!%@ the Islamic State.

Thats the thing the currency is backed by itself, the rare metals it is minted on. Gold, Silver or whatever has a commercial, industrial, intrinsic value unlike paper. Paper is based on GDP and all the goat stuff you mention. lol Anyway I agree with some members that all evil empires need a rebel rebellion and this is being shown to us as such an escape from the evil empire. Sooo everyone is going to flock to this currency and, in my gut feeling, end up in another trap set by the evil empire that was slain by flocking from fiat to gold minted.
Hell I remember that a few years back they could turn any metal into gold, just that it took a lot of energy to do it. My gut tells me they found an infinite suppl of energy and will "create gold out of thin air" LOL

ETA heres the vid

edit on 15-11-2014 by Emeraldous because: vid

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well feldercarb, From what has been happening during Isis' Initial Advances, they seemed to be knocking over a lot of Banks and other businesses as they were Happily Going Along on Their Merry Plundering Way. I think this is where they probably picked up most of the Metals to accomplish their Monetary Project. Thank You for your answer
Arjunanda. a reply to: feldercarb

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

SInce I read a stat that indian wives hold 11% of the worlds gold through their jewelry I would venture to guess they are looting as well as killing and enslaving and melting down the looted gold.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I know they haven't hit india yet but gold jewelry is much more plentiful there than here.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
1) perhaps they will issue 'coins' by weight (1/10 oz gold, 1 oz silver, etc). 'value' will vary; 'I will sell you this bag of flour for four ounces copper'.

2) would be interesting if they get so established, and have so much oil, they start demanding other countries pay in specie.

3) as mentioned, they have impounded amounts of precious metals etc from their looting, plus whatever other money they made selling ancient artifacts, oil, etc. Some of these oil countries are pretty wealthy per capita.

4) If this works, will other countries follow suit? as far as I know the last coins issued containing precious metals were some Canadian half-dollars in the early 1970s. (US silver clad halves stopped in 1969). wouldn't that make prec metals go waaaaaay up.

(edit; that's coins intended for circulation, not 'bullion' coins like Libertads, or proof/mint sets like the 1970 US half dollar.)
edit on 22-11-2014 by works4dhs because: add useful info

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I see it all as just so much hype

all IS can do is issue 'clad' coins, as opposed to actual ounces of these metals...
the coins are thus, not more than symbolic of actual bullion coins~ on par with the western worlds' fiat dollar

Because Islamic State will be a closed society, under the ever watchful eyes of radical-Islam enforcers
the mint production will generally amount to 1 years wages of $80 per month = $960 per person in initial supply to flood the consumer market to get the coin exchange/velocity/multiplier models started
~after all a Sharia bank does not charge nor pay interest... the symbolic coins will mostly be used in trade for daily needs and Zakat Accounts/accounting~

they will get their initial coins clad in gold & silver from the black-market sales of the stolen oil field product which used to belong to Iraq...
but, keep it clear in your mind that the domestic use of PMs clad coins will only have strictly domestic, closed society value~~~ other than the quirky collectors markets in search of a latest novelty collectable they will
SEll (under penalty of Sharia Law) to the outside world...once a few heads are lopped off the clandestine sales of Caliphate coins will cease ! making the initial coins sold to infidels that much more valuable to secret buyers-collectors

the masses will not see real bullion coins ---that will only be for the elites and clerics/leaders/control Imams
the poor folks will rub valueless clad coins together & feel blessed for submitting
edit on nd30141668395522192014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join