It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays should avoid 2022 World Cup in Qatar

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: Mensa180

Again, no we don't have to respect discrimination just because it's in another country, that such a weird thing to suggest.

It is, isn't it.

Human rights, equality, discrimination ----- yeah, I'm not accepting them as cultural, or "that's just the way it is".

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
In fairness, pretty much everyone should avoid the World Cup in Qatar. Aside from the attitude to Gay people, consider the worker deaths, the corruption, the attitude to alcohol (big part of any World Cup!), the expected cost to attend, etc, etc.

And then there is the weather. I read a report the other week (will link if i can find again) about the very low attendances at football in Qatar. The reporter was asking locals about why they thought that was and almost exclusively the answer was basically that it was too hot to sit and fry in the stands for a few hours..........and that is the locals.

If its too hot for the locals, us Northern Europeans have no chance.

That said though, what with attitudes to homosexuality in that part of the world being so well known, i can't imagine that many Gay people are planning on going anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I see all the outrage at Qatar.

How come this outrage only started when FIFA gave them the World Cup?

And why isn't this outrage directed at FIFA?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is, there is massive outrage at the corruption in the organisation and the bidding process.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join