It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays should avoid 2022 World Cup in Qatar

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: ketsuko
Forcing a women to wear a burka is discrimination. There is no good reason for it.

1.) Is she being forced? Some are and some are not. Strangely, some do choose to wear it.

2.) What do advocate we do? Regime change and force them to do things the way we would prefer them to?

Also, my point in that post is that no one in Qatar is flaunting their sexuality. It's more or less against the law.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

it'ss illegal to discriminate against gays but they wanted to make a point so deliberately broke laws.

I think the people that wanted to make a point were the gays myself over the wedding cake.

So we have laws saying who you must sell goods to and to hell with it if you are a Christian or selling such goods would damage your reputation all bound up under a law about discrimination.

The laws for Gays are enforced but not for others.

If I went to a Muslim butcher and demanded none hala meat and they would not serve me then what are the chances of them being in trouble for discriminating against me. Zero I would say

I think live and let live is better at home and do as the romans do when abroad

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You used the word required, which does not imply choice. There is nothing we can do but complain and kick up a fuss, show our disapproval of discrimination in any country anywhere. They chose to apply to host the world cup, the chose to put themselves under the microscope of international scrutiny.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
If I went to a Muslim butcher and demanded none hala meat and they would not serve me then what are the chances of them being in trouble for discriminating against me. Zero I would say

Because it wouldn't be discrimination. You would be asking for a product that they didn't sell.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

No, it doesn't.

At that point in time, the whole world was in awe of the Nazis, Italy and fascism. Everyone believed it was the new way of the future, even in the US. Eugenics was going to be the way of the future, and it was also the belief that we should let the elites start picking and choosing who would and would not be allowed to breed to better the human race, and this was popular thought even in the US.

You forget that we were still mired in our own racist Jim Crow times.

And you are forgetting why Jessie Owens was so damn significant in Hitler's Games!

... anti-Jewish propaganda ... boycotts ... Aryan master race ...

But those Nazis were just swell guys and clearly not crazy at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Because it wouldn't be discrimination. You would be asking for a product that they didn't sell.

Oh, well, then what if I asked a Halal butcher to prepare my pig in the halal manner? That is a service they provide.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, well, then what if I asked a Halal butcher to prepare my pig in the halal manner? That is a service they provide.

No it isn't, as one cannot prepare a pig in the halal manner.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

That's so hypocritical, laws that discriminate against gays should be respected but those that protect from discrimination should be ignored? The difference they refused service to someone because they were gay, they had cakes but refused to sell them one because they were gay. If you walk into a hallal butchers and ask for non hallal meat, well that is a product they do not sell. It's like walking into vegetarian shop and demanding they sell you a steak. It's not a product they would stock.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
"I made a comment about the host country providing security to guests, not merely to gay guests. "

Sorry it is a Gay thread

"And what gays are telling everyone what they can and cannot do?"

Telling Gay and supporters to miss a good game

"You're starting to sound like you have particular problems with gay folks, is that right?"

Yes if the truth be known and that is why I joined the thread so my cards are on the table but I can go if you all want to preach to the converted.

Have a vote, don't be rude and I won't (or at least try not too)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I certainly wouldn't mind if you left the thread. You aren't really adding anything of any benefit and seem to merely be espousing hatred toward homosexuals.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You seem to be missing the point made, the bad nasty Nazi knew not to air their racist propaganda during the event. The idea being that the Qatar should be able to do the same.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You have every right to be in the thread as far as I'm concerned!

I was asking questions and doing my best to understand what you're saying and respond to you intelligently.

"It is a gay thread"? I'm not sure that's the intent, to discuss how we feel about gays, but more about safety at an event.

Thanks for answering my question honestly, VirusGuard, I'm going to leave you folks to it.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If my math is correct, 2022 is about 13.6 years away (if you convert it to centrigrade).

Plenty of time for them to change their mind.

I, personally, wouldn't get upset about it.

I won't be attending and I'm straight!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The problem is your arguments are illogical because you seem to have an unreasoning dislike of gay people, so you refuse to consider them as individuals but as some mass evil agenda led hoard. They are just people that like to have sex with people of the same sex. Personality and opinion wise they are diverse as straight people.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Do you see them staging a Broadway show?

That could be even better than the WC itself... and I like football!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No it isn't, as one cannot prepare a pig in the halal manner.

One can't marry two men or two women in the Christian manner, either, but the courts say otherwise.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

You seem to be missing the point made, the bad nasty Nazi knew not to air their racist propaganda during the event. The idea being that the Qatar should be able to do the same.

Except that they haven't done so. We are reacting to them saying it's illegal to be gay in Quatar.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I and the point being that Qatar should treat carefully foreign people visiting at the time who are gay. they need to consider international sensibilities, I actually thinly they will. But I still believe they should never have been chosen to host.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'll admit to not having read through the entire thread, but what happened to letting countries develop their own laws?

I thought ATS and everyone here was against western imperialism.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Here in the UK it's up to the churches to decide if they wish to do this. It's actually called religious freedom.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join