It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays should avoid 2022 World Cup in Qatar

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I think people using the word respect with regards to discrimination is wrong, you can say people should abide by the laws but you can't expect people to respect such blatent discrimination.

This is what I've said several times throughout the thread. We can all tolerate their intolerance, but respecting it is a no go. I have every right to disapprove of your intolerance.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: intrepid

I know a lot about history. Enlighten me about what I'm missing

I would LOVE to as lessons are obviously needed but as I pointed out, the Nazis are not a valid comparison. Thus not the topic.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Lol, nice cop out. It's relevant because it's part of the thread and involves discrimination at a major world sports event. The Nazi's hid their bigotry for the sake of respecting the nations participating so why can't Qatar do the same?

link   

I Think the comparison was valid. They were a regime that realised they couldn't allow there discrimination to be enforced.on visiting nationals during a sporting event.

link   

I Think the comparison was valid. They were a regime that realised they couldn't allow there discrimination to be enforced.on visiting nationals during a sporting event.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Double post
edit on 13-11-2014 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Definitely valid. The parallels are as strong as it can get historically. I'm just amazed that after centuries and centuries of war over race, religion, and national identity that people haven't figured out that hatred is counterproductive to human progress and respecting that hatred is not to be applauded. How many people have to spread this message before humanity finally gets it? It's been echoing for millennia now.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You can't respect cultures that treat people this way, it's like saying cultures which promote female circumcision should be respected. Which is of course ridiculous.

I hear of no veto from gays about male circumcision in Israel do you.

Where is the line between when we should respect culture and not because I've not seen one so if I go to India then no big beef stakes and if gays go to the match then stop getting in peoples faces and shut the bedroom door.

Now in India they also marry girls off at the age of ten or even allow them to marry a dog. I might not agree with that and if they don't happen to agree with gays then that is fine with me.

You see the thing is with gays is that they never stop and would demand that the ball is painted pink because the football ref is gay if we let them but for now we are holding them off on telling people that they have got to make them a wedding cake or else the whole clan will sort you out.

Gays in Russian could get arrested but in Saudi Arabia they chop their heads off but I hear no one saying much about that but lots about Russia so do forgive me when I say the NWO is pushing the gay Agenda

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

You do realise that not all gays share the same opinion on everything and like straight people some are extroverts and some are more circumspect? The nwo order is not pushing a gay agenda, those of us respect human rights are pushing for equality for all. As for male circumcision I agree it mutilation as much as female circumcision. but it's not just an Israeli issue, aren't most men in the states circumcised as a matter of course.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Gays are NOT a group think.

They are individuals just like everyone else --- with one thing in common.

Do you homogenize all heteros?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
As a Brazilian, I'm huge fan of football and, of course, the World Cup. I'd like to think all the tourists that came here this year had lots of fun, despite some problems (violence, for example). Then again, Brazil is a country where foreigners are welcome. In fact, we are fascinated by them. Brazilians love getting to know people from other countries, so there's that.

However, I'm also part of the LGBT community. As a trans man, there are very few things that hurt me more than those laws. So I'm very disappointed that FIFA would even consider Russia and Qatar. Our president has just been there (Qatar, I mean) and she offered advice concerning the WC, but I bet they won't even think about that.

My opinion, for what it's worth: THEIR laws, not MY business. I know I'm not welcome in Qatar, so I would never go there. I see no point in putting myself in danger for the sake of "making a point". I also see no reason to tell them what to do. If they want to live in an ignorant society, it's their problem. However, I'm under no obligation to respect that. I think it's stupid as hell and I'll say so whenever I feel like it.

The biggest problem here is that FIFA should definitely consider if a country is good and open to tourists before choosing them for such a huge event. If a country is simply not okay with differences, then it should NOT be a host to an international event.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This is what I've said several times throughout the thread. We can all tolerate their intolerance, but respecting it is a no go. I have every right to disapprove of your intolerance.

Yes I can run with that but I also have my own little version that goes some like:

I can all tolerate their Gayness, but respecting it is a no go. I have every right to disapprove of anyone or group of people I like.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I agree that you have a right to not agree with homosexuality but to enshrined an illogical dislike in law is backwards and ignorant.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yes It is fine you being a homophobe your choice.
But to try and stop those people having the same rights as everyone else is a big no no.
That is all it is about equal right.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I agree with boycotting I keep trying to get a college to stop holiday in the Maldives as sex outside of marriage is illegal but 90% of those convicted are women. How does that math even work? Surely it should be 50/50 every woman must be having sex with a man.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

I can all tolerate their Gayness, but respecting it is a no go. I have every right to disapprove of anyone or group of people I like.

I disapprove of everyone who wears a red shirt.

I group them together as being unacceptable to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

You can't respect cultures that treat people this way, it's like saying cultures which promote female circumcision should be respected. Which is of course ridiculous.

I hear of no veto from gays about male circumcision in Israel do you.

What does circumcision have to do with being gay? I'm circumcised and I'm neither gay nor Jewish. I also didn't have a choice in the matter since it was done while I was a baby.

Where is the line between when we should respect culture and not because I've not seen one so if I go to India then no big beef stakes and if gays go to the match then stop getting in peoples faces and shut the bedroom door.

Now in India they also marry girls off at the age of ten or even allow them to marry a dog. I might not agree with that and if they don't happen to agree with gays then that is fine with me.

Marrying a dog isn't really true:
Human–animal marriage

Human–animal marriage is not recognized in law by any country, although attempts by humans to marry animals have been recorded.

Note, it's not actually LEGAL there to marry a dog, but that doesn't stop some parties from trying to host private weddings to marry an animal. The government doesn't sanction them and wouldn't consider the person and animal legally married.

You see the thing is with gays is that they never stop and would demand that the ball is painted pink because the football ref is gay if we let them but for now we are holding them off on telling people that they have got to make them a wedding cake or else the whole clan will sort you out.

This is a HUGE stereotype and generalization of gay people. I would be willing to bet that many gays wouldn't want to change the game to have a pink soccer ball.

Gays in Russian could get arrested but in Saudi Arabia they chop their heads off but I hear no one saying much about that but lots about Russia so do forgive me when I say the NWO is pushing the gay Agenda

Actually I brought Russia up in my OP and have talked about that country briefly to another poster. Saudi Arabia isn't hosting a World Cup so they are off topic. This isn't a thread about countries that are anti-gay. It's a thread about an anti-gay country publicly saying that gays aren't welcome at an international sporting event (The World Cup).
edit on 13-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

those of us respect human rights are pushing for equality for all

Fine words and I like a beer so should we insist Muslim countries serve me one or is it not there human right to decide their own laws.

One size does not fit all when it comes to human rights and if these countries must server me a beer then what about my Rasta mate who likes a splif.

Because he is a Rasta he like the Muslims does not like Gays and so it goes round and around so what about their rights or equality ? Should it all come from the USA or Maybe Russia even India

Not quite so simple is it to say if its not harming anyone else then its OK

if a girl in India wants to marry some old man then who's to say no and if we go down that path because we have to tolerate everyone then what about the paedophiles who don't rape but pay a 15 year old girl for sex and so it goes on

Am I a Nazi if I don't like transsexuals or must I like them because Gays like them and what about all the other unusual sexual activity that takes place like in France where the oldest auntie gets to teach the young boys in the family the ropes.

Clearly we need rules so who can I jail or discriminate against and who can I simply not respect on a global scale

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

How many more excuses can you come up with for bigotry?

And did you really compare having a beer to human rights?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Whether a society wants legalize or ban substances is absolutely nothing to do with removing peoples rights to love and have sex with other consenting adults. There's not even any comparison, a much better comparison would be societies where religious intermarriage is banned. And bringing up the rights of pedophiles to a abuse children is just plain weird. However there does seem to be correlation between societies that accept abuse of children and women and those that abuse gays.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join