It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays should avoid 2022 World Cup in Qatar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I thought the poster was making a point that straight going to the world cup should show solidarity with gays. Not the natives of Qatar.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Straight or gay flogging might turn some on

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

I thought the poster was making a point that straight going to the world cup should show solidarity with gays. Not the natives of Qatar.

If they want... sure. Their business.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

We should not be supporting any country which restricts the rights of any group.

Does that include Nazi's, Far right, Middle right, Paedophiles, radical Islam or people that don't like gays or is it just groups of people you happen to agree with.

The rights of blacks are restricted in many places but they cannot help it but if Gays didn't dress up to make a political statement and to drule over each other in public and close the bedroom door then they would be perfectly OK.

People in India don't like it if I eat beef but I don't go screaming about it and telling them what is right and what's not or friends not to visit India because I respect there culture so what makes it different when it comes to Gays, just how many more rights do you want.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
It isn't the only reason the world cup should have never been given to them also.
The stadiums are built upon slave labor more or less.

www.hrw.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.amnesty.org...

Flogging and stoning legal.

Disgusting.

Hey...never mind all that...they have money !!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So apparently Hitler and the freaking Nazi's can drop their racist, hateful, bigotry for the Olympics in 1936 of their own volition, but asking Qatar to drop their anti homosexuality for the World Cup in 2022 is disrespectful. Sorry that is the epitome of stupidity to me. Stop defending bigotry under the auspices of respect and tolerance. The intolerant deserve no tolerance.

The Reich Press Chamber under Joseph Goebbels's Ministry of Propaganda exerted strict censorship over the German press, radio, film, and publishing. The Chamber issued numerous directives regarding coverage of the Olympic Games, limiting the scope and content of reporting by German journalists.
“German newspapers will print -- at their own risk -- reports from the Olympics released prior to the official press report.”
July 22, 1936
“Press coverage should not mention that there are two non-Aryans among the women: Helene Mayer (fencing) and Gretel Bergmann (high jump and all-around track and field competition).”
July 16, 1936
'The racial point of view should not be used in any way in reporting sports results; above all Negroes should not be insensitively reported. . . . Negroes are American citizens and must be treated with respect as Americans.“
August 3, 1936
“No comments should be made regarding Helene Mayer's non-Aryan ancestry or her expectations for a gold medal at the Olympics.”
February 19, 1936

My emphasis added

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...
edit on 13-11-2014 by tavi45 because: fixed formatting

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Anyone going to watch it? after this?.
edit on 13-11-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

You can't respect cultures that treat people this way, it's like saying cultures which promote female circumcision should be respected. Which is of course ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Pretty simple really; their country so abide by their rules.

Now if only they would apply the same logic when 'they' come over here.

Its outrageous that FIFA even considered holding the tournament in such a country.
Its disgraceful that football fans could face severe punishment simply because of their sexuality.
Especially considering the blatant hypocrisy....homosexuality is actually quite common and actually accepted, or perhaps I should be a little more accurate and call it paedophilia.
It is perfectly acceptable for grown adults to have sex with pre-pubescent boys etc, especially adults of the ruling and upper / middle classes.

It shows how corrupt FIFA is that even allowed Qatar to be considered.

Sepp Blatter is a despicable human being.

And as for alcohol?
Football and alcohol go hand in hand.
As does singing and celebrating.

I think every single football supporter should boycott the Qatar World Cup.

I wonder how sponsors will react when games are played in empty stadia and TV viewing figures are less than for most minority sports?
Imagine the reaction to all the unsold merchandise etc.

FIFA takes football fans for granted and the decision to hold the World Cup in Qatar is a direct insult to gay people the world over.
We should all boycott everything to do with this particular tournament.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't homosexuality is illegal in Russia is it?

Do you not remember all the controversy around the Winter Olympics?

Russia anti-gay law casts a shadow over Sochi’s 2014 Olympics

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

We should not be supporting any country which restricts the rights of any group.

Does that include Nazi's, Far right, Middle right, Paedophiles, radical Islam or people that don't like gays or is it just groups of people you happen to agree with.

The rights of blacks are restricted in many places but they cannot help it but if Gays didn't dress up to make a political statement and to drule over each other in public and close the bedroom door then they would be perfectly OK.

People in India don't like it if I eat beef but I don't go screaming about it and telling them what is right and what's not or friends not to visit India because I respect there culture so what makes it different when it comes to Gays, just how many more rights do you want.

Indians choosing not to eat beef hurts no one. Respect for culture is all well and good but respecting hatred for human beings is an oxymoron.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Again your point is lost on me. I guess my "emotion" chip isn't working that well today. Those Olympics were in '36. Before the Nazi's went totally whacko. Not the comparison you meant to make I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Again your point is lost on me. I guess my "emotion" chip isn't working that well today. Those Olympics were in '36. Before the Nazi's went totally whacko. Not the comparison you meant to make I'm sure.

The logic chip is failing too. The Nazi's were always whacko.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I know they have appalling discrimination but I didn't think homosexuality was actually illegal.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You really should read more history. Or history not written in the States.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: crazyewok

True, but I have every right to disapprove. It's not like I'm saying we need to go in guns blazing and force them to change their ways. Change through shame has a LOT less casualties than change through war.

Sure you do. It why I never have and never will go to the Saudi Arabia ,Qatar or the UAE.

They leave me alone I will leave them alone.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I know a lot about history. Enlighten me about what I'm missing

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think people using the word respect with regards to discrimination is wrong, you can say people should abide by the laws but you can't expect people to respect such blatent discrimination.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

That could be why no problems materialized while the Olympics were going on. Though this means that Qatar should now be looked on with a watchful since they actually DO have homosexuality as illegal.

Thanks for asking that question, you cleared up some propaganda that I believed for a while there and I wouldn't have known otherwise if you hadn't asked.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I think people using the word respect with regards to discrimination is wrong, you can say people should abide by the laws but you can't expect people to respect such blatent discrimination.

I highly agree. Discrimination should never be respected or tolerated. We're all human and the ignorance of this fact is responsible for most of the world's problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join