It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessie Ventura: "Military Doesn't Fight for our Freedom

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright
THANK YOU, Have just read the pdf 'WAR IS A RACKET', that you so kindly suggested. Boy, oh boy, if only this had at sometime Hit the headlines and been read by All. He sure had the Gut's to spell out the Truth of Reality.
"Thank's Again" you deserve more than a Grateful Star.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

General Butlers words would be best labelled as a 'Reason To Prevent', though the title adopted was more realistic. Shame this had not become a new Thorum, or Film for all to see...... Wonder who decided not too???? Learn more on ATS than in museum.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine

Jessie Ventura: "Military Doesn't Fight for our Freedom"

The fact that we have a strong and well armed military is what is keeping us free. If we dissolved our military then we'd be overran very quickly.

That's true but it would be a hundred million Mexicans who would do the over running. Up here in Canada we would just sit tight.

Other countries and entities would love to have our wheat fields of Kansas; our fishing waters; our off shore oil as well as our untapped onshore oil.

Stealing those things from you is just impractical for most countries. I don't think it is at all realistic to think that the Chinese or the North Koreans would start to issue eviction notices if the US military were to adopt a strictly defensive posture in the world.

However, the politicians have misused and abused our military. There is no reason for our National Guard troops to be sent overseas. There is no reason for our troops to be active in Iraq or Afghanistan and we certainly shouldn't have bombed Libya, etc etc.

I agree that the US uses its military in ways that are highly suspect. I do however think there are reasons for that. War is a huge industry in the US that employs very large numbers of people. Changing the way the American economy operates is no small task and there are very powerful interests in the US who like things just the way they are.

I think it is important to try to undercut the notion that America's "enemies" want to rush in and take over the United States. I don't think that is true at all.

I've been watching a very long documentary in multiple parts on YouTube about the "cold war". It contains numerous interviews with high officials on both sides of the "iron curtain" who were involved in the key events of that stand off, and the one thing that comes through, time and again, in interviews with these people, is that both sides, although highly suspicious of one another, did not actually want to do anything but insure their own security and develop their own economies . . . and yet billions of dollars were spent on both sides on an insane game of "one-upmanship".

A sad fact is that there is money to be made in doing that.

The planet is getting very small. It is really a global village now. All of our lives are conditioned to some extent by things that happen thousands of miles away. Humanity's problems are basically psychological in my opinion, not economic or military. When we get rid of fake problems, like the danger of a takeover of the United States, we can begin to focus on the real problems we face, like learning to accept and respect one another and to make practical compromises with far away strangers.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
For those implying that vets don't understand or know how they are being used... That's pretty insulting, I understand exactly I chose to use them as they used me, to further my life goals.

I don't regret joining at all, life experiences, and places I've seen I never would have seen other wise.

So you don't mind the murder of millions of innocents because you got to see a Foreign country up close.

What was it? The river Nile? The great wall of China?
What places have you seen that you really enjoyed that I couldn't book a plane too?

The "I would never have seen otherwise" is a copout, people from all walks of life have been on a boat or a plane in this day and age.

edit on 15/11/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/11/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. The power of Wall St. over "the people" is disgusting. I, like most, love the benefits of Capitalism. However, allowing corporate special interests to "own" Govt. in America as seen today, is nothing less than a model of fascism only Benito Mussolini can love. It's amazing to see this nation allowing "risks" to be a "collective responsibility" of the taxpayer and "earnings" to be private to those who use that fact to enter into risky behavior. a reply to: MountainLaurel

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Always remember Gen.Butler's words and this quote from Henry Kissinger: "“Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” That's what they all think about our "brave servicemen and women."Keep this in mind next Veterans Day.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
We have the best military in the world and we are 26th on the list of countries with the most freedom. Anyone care to explain that to me?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine

Jessie Ventura: "Military Doesn't Fight for our Freedom"

The fact that we have a strong and well armed military is what is keeping us free. If we dissolved our military then we'd be overran very quickly. Other countries and entities would love to have our wheat fields of Kansas; our fishing waters; our off shore oil as well as our untapped onshore oil.

Not trying to be disagreeable, but it you look at the size of the armed forces of potentially hostile nations around the world, a great deal of the size of them is just in response to a massive or strong US military potential. I think the US military could easily be reduced by 50% - 80% and still have a potent defense deterrent; of course in a sane world no country would need anything more than a police force - like Costa Rica.

And how free really are you? Of course it is worse in many other countries, but it is much better in many other countries as well. When multiple government agencies can spy basically at will on any of your electronic communications, your rights could be suspended if considered a terrorist - and the government has said survivalist and prepper activity looks like terrorism, there are rules restricting vegetable gardens and the collection of rainwater on your own property, the banks, IRS and corporations enslave you financially, the MSM corporate propaganda attempts to enslave you mentally, religions attempt to enslave you spiritually.........I think our freedom hangs by a thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

NO it was the LEFT that attacked our soldiers who WERE DRAFTED and the BANKERS laughed at you and sold you neon colored GOODS,because it is a SYSTEM not our WARRIORS who are wrong.
Left NEVER gets that but then again they seem to obstruct only not help fix a damn thing,
We just saw our country's opinion on left politics,NOW some RIGHT Nazi can ROLL in because he is emboldened by a sleeping state of govenment.
edit on 18-11-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

NO it was the LEFT that attacked our soldiers who WERE DRAFTED and the BANKERS laughed at you and sold you neon colored GOODS,because it is a SYSTEM not our WARRIORS who are wrong.
Left NEVER gets that but then again they seem to obstruct only not help fix a damn thing,
We just saw our country's opinion on left politics,NOW some RIGHT Nazi can ROLL in because he is emboldened by a sleeping state of govenment.

No, by and large while the conservatives in the 60's and 70's were blindly supporting the Vietnam War, us "hippies" and "commies" on the left were being virulently attacked by the right for daring to protest the Vietnam War and for being "unpatriotic."

You are also incorrect about righties fighting the system and lefties just attacking the troops. THIS COULD NOT be further from the truth. The right is known worldwide for fighting changes to the system, ESPECIALLY in the US. This is one element of "being conservative."

The left, NOT the right, in the 60's and 70's was calling out corrupt capitalism, a systematic oppressive and violent foreign policy, the military-industrial complex, and the fact that the entire culture and system were corrupt. The RIGHT, were NOT.

Sorry to tell you, but this is demonstrable by history, documentation, anthropology, etc.

Hmm, what does that remind me of? Oh yeah! The Bush years. During that whole time the vast majority of conservatives blindly supported Bush while he illegally invaded, bombed, and regime changed an entire country (Iraq), resulting in a minimum of 200,000 civilian deaths there. The right also for the most part blindly supported and STILL supports Bush's institution of torture, one of the most unAmerican and anti-human rights things you can do. THe left protestors under BUsh were virulently attacked, called unpatriotic, were told to "support the troops," and so on.

There are exceptions on both sides of the aisle, obviously, but generally people know that what I just said holds true.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join