It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thank you to the fallen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
***Please move if needed***

For anybody who has seen my posts before, you will know that I am a photographer. It is my hobby as well as my job... Literally.

Today, whilst on a marketing shoot, I had literally seconds to take 2 pictures of the memorial in Wanstead High Street, London. Still surrounded by the poppies laid several days ago, it is always a humbling, sad, grateful and moving sight. Memorials like these are all over the UK, and each one is a sobering reminder about the sacrifices, good or bad, that were made to let us live the life we live today.

We complain so much about how governments and leaders are consistently screwing us over, but I bet my last penny, that the fallen heroes of our past would give anything to live our lives if it meant they could see their loved ones again, enjoy a cold beer, or simply see the sun rise in the morning.

I am so sorry, and hugely gutted I could not do this sooner. I am also sorry that, due to the time-frame I had to take these pictures and edit them, that it is not my best work... by far. But image quality is the last of my concern, it is literally the thought that counts.

I have tried to say in this picture... That when observing a memorial such as this, nothing else matters but remembering those who shed their blood for us. May they forever rest easy....

Lest we forget.

edit on 13-11-2014 by brace22 because: forgot I had 2 pics!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Those photographs absolutely beautiful as is your sentiment behind them.

S&F for sharing them with us.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thank you

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Beautiful! ....everyone needs those humbling moments to bring us back to reality. You should post more pictures in the future! Thank you....when I expanded the photo I noticed alot of the last names on the memorial are the same, I wonder if they were brothers, or fathers and sons who died. It's Sad to think of a mother or wife losing her whole family......

top topics

join