It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT — Russia Announces Deployment of Bombers Over Gulf of Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The US still maintains a base in Cuba last I heard....

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Sabiduria

Russia doesn't have but the one carrier. If they're planning on long term deployments to the Gulf of Mexico they have to have a land base in either Cuba or Venezuela to do it.

no but China has carriers , just saying .. its an obvious flex of muscle

its not a good situation that's for sure

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
China has one carrier. If they both allied it wouldn't matter. No one wins that war.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

China and Russia between them have two carriers. Both are known as STOBAR carriers, which means that their aircraft can't take off with the fuel or weapons load that a US plane can, off a US carrier. STOBAR is a good design for countries that don't operate many carriers, but if you want to truly power project with them, you need a CATOBAR ship like the US uses.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Sabiduria

Russia doesn't have but the one carrier. If they're planning on long term deployments to the Gulf of Mexico they have to have a land base in either Cuba or Venezuela to do it.

i am curious as to how we actually know what russia have in their arsenal...this one carrier is that what they publicly announce ?...is it possible that they have more that have been built in secrecy ?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne
And cuba is just what you know about,
the Russians came to Australia with two of their nuclear submarines in order to destroy the radars that monitor asia at a different location to where people think they are at pine gap.
and the Aussies told them they would destroy their subs one minute before the Russians launched their nukes the Russians got a phone call one minute before and the russians went home with their tail between their legs.

If the Russians start a war it is because they are working with the Illuminati not against.

They tell us the military protect our country this is utter BS as they let these illuminati gutless spineless cowards run our world and do nothing about taking them out
edit on 12-11-2014 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Do you know how hard it is to hide a ship that size? It's not like subs, where you can put them in covered docks or something. You're talking about a ship that displaces 67,500 tons under maximum load, and is 1,000 feet long, and over 230 feet wide at the deck.
edit on 11/12/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73
And cuba is just what you know about,
the Russians came to Australia with two of their nuclear submarines in order to destroy the radars that monitor asia at a different location to where people think they are at pine gap.
and the Aussies told them they would destroy their subs one minute before the Russians launched their nukes the Russians got a phone call one minute before and the russians went home with their tail between their legs.

If the Russians start a war it is because they are working with the Illuminati not against.

They tell us the military protect our country this is utter BS as they let these illuminati gutless spineless cowards run our world and do nothing about taking them out

Umm... Wut? Do you have some sort of source for that or did it just seem like a cool story to run with?

You do know that Tom Clancy wrote fiction right?
edit on 12-11-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

www.bbc.com...

Main stream enough?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
ABC is now reporting it and It doesn't appear to call for an Alert.

abcnews.go.com...

Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, declined to call this a Russian provocation. He said the Russians have a right, like any other nation, to operate in international airspace and in international waters. The important thing, Warren said, is for such exercises to be carried out safely and in accordance with international standards.

edit on 031130America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 20:03:29 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: truttseeker
China has one carrier. If they both allied it wouldn't matter. No one wins that war.

You don't think China has developed counters to our weaponry? They've been studying the US military for decades.

They don't have carriers because they don't need them.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Then why are they building the as fast as they can? The Liaoning is operational, and AT LEAST one other is under construction, possibly two being built simultaneously. The first hull sections of one has been confirmed in a shipyard, and this one will have a catapult.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog
take it or leave it, It doesn't matter.
what though is proof obviously this is classified stuff and only a few people know about it
and what difference does it make that I provide proof. I provided proof that the earthquakes were done on purpose www.abovetopsecret.com... but no-one even says anything so what can come of dropping someone in it although he is a civilian and not covered by there rules.

Well proof of one earthquake the others are in the scores but they are really well hidden and I keep pushing my luck with these spineless lowlife that run this world. the more people are aware of what is going on in the world the more chance we have got of changing it back to good
edit on 12-11-2014 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

well obama sure ant the president Kennedy was.
we might as well kiss our a@@'s goodbye.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

well obama sure ant the president Kennedy was.
we might as well kiss our a@@'s goodbye.

Much truth there. The world is lacking great leaders atm. Putin seems half way rational to me but whoever replaces him better be a rational actor or it's time to start digging bomb shelters.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A front? They can't hurt to have anyways. I just think China is stronger than we think. I'm not the only one.

Frank Kendall, the Pentagon’s chief weapons buyer, told lawmakers that when it comes to “technological superiority, the Department of Defense is being challenged in ways that I have not seen for decades, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.”

Citing China’s major investments in anti-ship missiles, stealth fighter jets, hypersonic vehicles and other hi-tech weaponry, Kendall said the United States could lose its dominant position if it failed to respond to the altered strategic landscape.

“Technological superiority is not assured and we cannot be complacent about our posture,” he told the House Armed Services Committee.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I personally think you don't need an aircraft carrier. They look nice, and are great for bombing the crap out of poor countries but it takes like one sub to sink one.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't think the situation is that dire yet.I very much doubt that Russia is looking forward to a war with the US.It is most likely a token gesture,due to matters such as the Nato build-up:

www.mintpressnews.com...

www.rense.com...

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
I personally think you don't need an aircraft carrier. They look nice, and are great for bombing the crap out of poor countries but it takes like one sub to sink one.

China and Russia love their subs too

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Still, the question remains, how in the world is Russia keeping air space in the Caribbean? Has to be Venezuela. If not, then they are running bomber refueling runs and that seems impractical. Unless they are sending their one air craft carrier to the Azores.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join