It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another earthquake in oklahoma,4.8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

CONWAY SPRINGS, Kansas - A large earthquake that originated in Kansas was felt by residents across Oklahoma, Wednesday afternoon.
The Unites States Geological Survey recorded the 4.8 magnitude temblor at 3:40 p.m., eight miles to the south of Conway Springs, Kansas, or about 124 miles north of the Oklahoma City metro, at a depth of three miles.

The Oklahoma Geological Survey posted he same earthquake as a 5.3 magnitude in the same location.

Several viewers called and wrote in to News 9 reporting to have felt the quake, some even as far south as Norman, Okla. So far there have been no reports of damage or injuries related to this earthquake.

another earthquake in oklahoma,4.8

Another one, things are picking up in oklahoma it seems. Never felt an eq in ok for my first thirty years .

Then all the sudden they are all over. What's going on here?fracking? Madrid fault?

So many questions

eta apparently it was in kansas but friend felt it in midwest city. go figure

earthquaketrack.com...
edit on pm1120143005America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 17:03:30 -0600_11000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut hope no ones hurt

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I call Madrid waking up.

Either natural or being caused by fracking or something else I can't answer.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hope it is not the New Madrid fault line, the fault line is huge and covers many states. I am on the new madrid fault line in my state too.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

I'm betting fracking has a lot to do with eq's in OK. Best pray that it dosen't cut the Madrid falt loose.

www.msnbc.com...
rt.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The last major New Madrid quake did an incredible amount of damage. Nowadays it would be even worse because the land is so developed with large amounts of people.

RunForTheHills and olaru12, it wouldn't be a good situation.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've been monitoring all the earthquakes for the last 2 weeks via www.wolton.net... (available for android as well) and there's been swarm after swarm not just in that area but along the San Andreas Fault and pretty much the entire Pacific/North American plate. They've all been M3.5 or lower though.
It's interesting the swarms increase as the solar activity increases.
This guy TerralBlackstar has some interesting theories that tie into HAARP, the increased activity in Yellowstone , Niburu (aka Blackstar
and the massive sunspots

Which would also sort of tie into Edgar Cayce's predictions regarding pole shifts and his map of the future as well as the alleged USCG map that mirrors it. Interesting times we are living in.
www.in5d.com...

Also interesting is AR1292-the "largest sunspot in 24 years" is coming back around bigger than before

A lot of connections can be made by all this activity.
edit on 12-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: added more sources and info

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
2.8 in Ponca city just south of oklahoma kansas border. An hour ago

Aftershock?

and lets all not forget DUMBS and underground trains to connect them...
edit on pm1120143005America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 17:55:09 -0600_11u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ugh renting out my house in del city, guess I'll call tomorrow and see if there is any damage.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Military detonating old munitions underground? They do it in MS and we always felt it as an earthquake. I wonder what the yield would have to be to elicit a 4.8...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
lol i am a MWCHS graduate ...also attended rose state for a while.

del city sux

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There was another near that are about 30 minutes ago
Earthquake 16km SSW of Boley, Oklahoma 3.8 earthquake.usgs.gov...

I doubt aftershocks, as I said I've been monitoring them for a couple weeks and not only are the swarms increasing but the intensity as well. You can see here the swarms from just the last week around the New Madrid and San Andreas faults

As Terralblackstar explains (which is not to say he's correct merely a theory) the N. American plate is pushing up toward the Pacific plate with a small plate, the Juan de Fuca Plate off of the coast of British Columbia and Yukon wedged between the 2

(which explains the lack of earthquake activity in that region between Alaska and the western coastal region)

The pressure moving around that plate is directing lava flow and pressure to move along the lines going toward yellowstone and the New Madrid. Acording to him (and Edgar Cayce) the San Andreas fault will give which will cause the yellowstone caldera to blow and unlock the New Madrid-which is held in place by the pressures of the 3 other plates.

This is causing earthquakes in Alaska and around the other faults.

He posits when the Caldera blows the ground will liquify and drop back down filling with water from the Pacific ocean (after the the N. American/Pacific plate seperation) also flooding much of the surrounding area as evidenced by Edgar Cayce map of the future and the alleged US coastguard map

After the New Madrid unlocks it will cause massive flooding along the Missouri and Mississippi and leaving some 200 nuclear plants in those areas vulnerable to meltdown as practiced by the US government.

www.wired.com...

Which could tie into the alleged use of HAARP to accelerate the process as shown by

m.youtube.com...

Which could tie into the whole America 2050 vison

And the whole deagel.com thing
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And financial collapse of the US

www.salon.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

Now again I'm not saying he or Cayce are correct or any of this is connected but its a pretty scary set of scenarios if they play out. Either way it's worth keeping an eye on the activity.

edit on 12-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: ...aliens

edit on 12-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because:...android aliens

edit on 12-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because:...android aliens...with laser beam eyes.

edit on 12-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: ...android alien ghosts with laser beams

edit on 12-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: the voices...they tell me to

edit on 12-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: I'm addicted to editing?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

well that map is creepy. seems to be centered on oklahoma. dunno if moving to houston was a good or bad thing now

i used to make the joke that when "it" happens oklahoma property values will go up because we will be beachfront

it was just a joke then but now....

just freaky.

maybe its time to start think about moving back lol .into the eye of the storm in order to avoid the damage

they seem to start strong in the north and move south over a few hours slowly decreasing in intensity.

could this be a warning sign? when they first started everyone just brushed it off , fracking and the fact ok always had small (read 1-2 mag quakes)now im not so sure its fracking

the rising intensity surely is a hint to whats happening,

where a geologist when you need one?

eta

all seem to be a the same depth ,from north to south. between 2.2-2.9 km so i wont rule out DUMBS and connecting tunnels yet

also depth seems to go down in certain spots, surely this is a clue. i just wish i had the knowledge to know what it points to
edit on pm1120143009America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 21:07:39 -0600_11u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a truely wtf moment

earthquake.usgs.gov...

watch the explosion happen

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I moved from Oklahoma to Houston as well. I suppose Fort Worth or Amarillo would be good destinations, but I have always felt I would return to Oklahoma in my last days, if I had time. I am not sure anyone would fare well from a Yellowstone Caldera eruption fallout, but I would be damned if I drown in a major metropolis while gridlocked in a car...if the Cayce/US-whatever map proves accurate.

edit on 12-11-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

That's crazy! I wouldn't discount fracking although the dept. of interior doesn't seem to think so but according to this article:

reason.com...

Last month, Oklahoma surpassed California in the number of earthquakes.

And this one:

www.msnbc.com...

Who knows though?
edit on 12-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: cracking is not the same as fracking

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

but again if it was fracking why just OK?

fraking map here

earthjustice.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

but again if it was fracking why just OK?

fraking map here

earthjustice.org...

Exactly
something's up with all the faults. Fracking may exacerbate the problem but there's other forces at work here. The picture is bigger than most can see

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Fracking....

I don't see how pumping chemicals into the earth to expand the rock and release natural gas could affect
the geology under the earths surface and cause earthquakes.

I wouldn't worry about it!

That's just the Obama styled Liberals trying to scare us!!........

[/sarcasm] in case you missed it!
edit on 13-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join