It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penalty For Uninsured Not Signing Up For Obamacare To More Than Triple

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
you know I am a little bit shocked at the rates people are putting on here that they claim to pay. I work at the place many people on ATS apparently universally hate, Wal-Mart. My health care costs with them are quite nice considering. I pay like less than 40$ a month for dental, health, and vision. Well I don't need the vision but adding it would still keep me under $50. Now Although I thought I had a high deductible ($2300), im hearing people here pay much more in premiums and still have double the deductible?? My only theory is that some of you may have pre-existing health conditions that are making them charge more.

I get free cleanings with my dental, and anything else is covered at 80%. Health is covered at 80% after the deductible, however I also have an annual $500 allotment that can be applied towards doctor visits or prescriptions or anything for that matter before paying the deductible. I get two annual physicals/wellness checks a year covered at 100%. So if I get soo sick for whatever reason though, the cost of that visit will be taen from the $500 deductible. I have not seen a physician since 2011 save for a little incident in the summer that resulted from a lapse in judgment which I had to have myself screened for.

The four kids are covered under my wifes plan in the same company. Similar numbers, but the premium is right at about $200 a month with everyone there covered.

I guess walmart isn't so bad after all as far as health care costs are concerned.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

1. So they don't take the money out of your bank account, they take it out of your tax refund.

2. This is 100% the Democrats work, and I'm willing to bet you voted to put them into office.

3. The Democrats need tax revenue, and they use class warfare to get the underclass and middle class to hate the rich while sneaking taxes against the middle class and underclass.

4. Obamacare is the largest tax increase on the middle class in the history of this country.

5. The Lottery is a massive tax "stupid tax" on the underclass or working poor. On average they spend $2500 dollars a year on the lottery.

6. Republicans have always been against the lottery and they were 100% against Obamacare. Those are sneaky taxes that hurt the poor and the middle class more than they help.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So three problems.

The Taxes to pay for Obama Care but yet we have enough taxes for Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Isis. There's a disconnect there.

Mandatory Healthcare with Penalties. I don't like that, but...what if those people get in a catastrophic accident or Illness. At least at first, the taxpayers end up paying for them.

Lastly, what do we do about those without Health insurance that want to have it?

It's not about money. There is always plenty of money to pay our congressmen and women, our wars, our endless drone strikes on children our aid to Israel etc. We have the money, people just don't want to move it from one bucket to another.

Why can't congress do that?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SnarkySheep

The “young invincible” crowd of 18-to-36 year olds is crucial to the law’s success because insurance companies need their business to offset the costs of covering older, sicker and more expensive enrollees.

I really have to wonder just how many young adults these days fall into this category...I myself am 34 years old and have been fighting lupus since age 21. Sadly, my health struggles are far from unusual; among my friends and acquaintances, we run the gamut of just about everything from severe asthma to Crohn's to thyroid disease to diabetes. I can honestly say I don't know a single person without some kind of health struggles. Of course, there must still be some individuals fortunate enough to be healthy, but it's really not as much a given for the young to be in good health as it was even when my parents were my age.

Right. However, I have a hunch about what they intend to do if they manage to keep this Obamacare thing. Though you might be right about younger people having a lot of problems too, these problems are typically a lot easier to treat and could be a lot easier to prevent than the kinds of things they deal with once people get old. When you have someone who's already had a stroke, that's a difficult thing to so anything with medically and it can be very expensive.

So what they will do is use this as an excuse to interfere with free choice. If they allow you to make bad choices on your lifestyle (the stuff you eat, whether or not you exercise, etc) you will inevitably have health problems. Once they have bullied you into buying insurance, they will say your bad choices are costing them too much money and making things more expensive for everyone.

While this might all be true, you should be able to see how they can use this kind of backwards logic to take every choice you ever had out of your hands and basically order you around like a dog.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Oh yeah...dont I know that! Ive been paying taxes since 1969.....both through 2 marriages and divorces, and the marriage now of 27 years...the only constant thing I can see that never changes...is taxes........

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

That sounds about right...plausible at least. But, I dont think it will happen to everyone. Say those without a bank acct, on welfare who cant afford to drive so they may not even have a drivers license etc....no house, no nothing.

There are many possible exclusions...if only out of plain destitution.

***PS I remember many years ago living in Kentucky in the mountains. No one in that dry county (no alcohol) worked because there were(still arent) any jobs. It was old coal mining lands for hundreds of miles around. Everyone of every age was always waiting for their monthly assistance checks. They all had nothing...nothing to speak of and really really poor.

So I cant see folks like that in that situation would get penalized in anyway, since they have nothing and couldnt comply with OBCare if they wanted to....so I think the part about you need to have it "or else" is impossible to to put into practice...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Take it from what paycheck and employer if youre one of the millions of unemployed that HAVE no paycheck? Let alone bank accounts.

You said "simple"? I say "not-so-much". Quite the opposite. No real way to collect and penalize the unfortunate. You cant punish those who can pay and look away from those that cant. It wouldnt be fair.

Because of the unbalanced scales of this plan....I dont think its gonna work without major modifications for all situations. Financial and otherwise..

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

In many states you absolutely do HAVE to have a license and plates which take a registered owner who can provide insurance for those plates.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I dont get a tax refund. An so....?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I think its against the law to fire someone for just wanting to (and doing so) form a union. I could stand corrected though.

*Member-Lifetime A.F.of M. Detroit Mi, Local 5
*Member-1986-2006 State Of Michigan-A.F.S.C.M.E Local 1584, Ann Arbor, Mi
*Current Member-PPAN 2009-2015 Local 114, Detroit Mi

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Only problem with that is, I usually get back every penny I paid in plus Earned income credit of $422. I make less than 8k a year (don't ask it is the best I can do and my entire family mom, sis in law her hubby and their kids all live together now to make ends meet) and that extra $800 total at the end of the year is a big deal for me. So I always file a return.

I will drop dead before I sign up for this sh** though. I have seen a doc twice in 15 years and both times were in the last 6 months, once for a cat bite that was infected and right now for a serious sinus infection. I almost never get sick even though I have chronic issues I have been dealing with for most of my life. I just tough it out or use herbal remedies and supplements as needed and it obviously works as I don't usually catch colds etc. Just my chronic pain/migraines.

I'd have to pay $80 dollars a month and 5k deductible I think it was for something that I hardly ever use so the deductible would never get paid so I'd STILL be paying cash at the doc which I do now if I have to go. So essentially I'd be throwing $80 a month in the toilet and flushing. Errm no freaking way thanks!

Lil

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You can if you make less than $9,750 a year, you pay then file and get it all back plus some at the end of the year.

Lil

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Am I mis-remembering or did they say at one point "inspectors" could come to your house to monitor your way of life and how it might impact your health? Anyone remember that?

Will they force us to eat a certain way or live a certain way with this if I'm right about what was said?

Lil

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You own some sort of property...ever heard of an IRS lein ? They "Lean" a lot harder than all the others combined. So....
edit on 11/13/2014 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SnarkySheep

The “young invincible” crowd of 18-to-36 year olds is crucial to the law’s success because insurance companies need their business to offset the costs of covering older, sicker and more expensive enrollees.

I really have to wonder just how many young adults these days fall into this category...I myself am 34 years old and have been fighting lupus since age 21. Sadly, my health struggles are far from unusual; among my friends and acquaintances, we run the gamut of just about everything from severe asthma to Crohn's to thyroid disease to diabetes. I can honestly say I don't know a single person without some kind of health struggles. Of course, there must still be some individuals fortunate enough to be healthy, but it's really not as much a given for the young to be in good health as it was even when my parents were my age.

If that many people in your circle have fallen ill to such illnesses, I suspect an industrial connection. Do you happen to reside in a small-medium sized town that may have had a primary industrial employer over time, such as mining, chemicals manufacturing, materials/ore processing or even energy??? It just seems not typical for that many people in your family and the friends in your community to have such a high rate of illness. I don't think its coincidence. I suspect there may be an air or groundwater contamination, which I believe may have resulted from negligent behavior from a large industrial employer. has their been anything of the sort that I stated that may apply??

Also, why cant we just start writing the legislation to fix our country ourselves as citizens??? Instead of raising our children to be lawyers for crooks and thugs, e should raise them and teach them to be lawyers for the community and benefit of our communities.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

see, while i am against the law as it exists now, i'm not entirely sure it should be entirely repealed...

if they did away withe the individual mandate, the requirement to have unneeded services bundled into plans, and got rid of the government exchange/marketplace, this ACA would be much more palatable. i mean, the provision dealing with pre-existing conditions is actually beneficial...and i'm sure there are other beneficial items, mixed in with all the dastardly bits...it's kinda like picking an unwanted vegetable out of a soup...the soup is good, once you remove the offending ingredient...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

well, when you work for the largest private employer in the U.S., it's not surprising that they are able to get better rates for health insurance....

not everyone has that available to them. the health insurance companies kiss walmart's ass, because they're walmart....you don't piss off a company that's several orders of magnitude larger than you...it's like in prison..if the big diesel som'bitch wants your butt, you don't fight it, because you'll lose....you bend over, take it, and count yourself lucky it wasn't worse than it was....

this is how walmart gets such low prices for EVERYTHING....they strongarm and bully their suppliers into giving them what they want...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

kickbacks and contributions....also known as bribes...

it's ALWAYS about money...and power...

the politicians and corporate management work together, to enrich themselves at our expense...
edit on 11-14-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

glad to see i'm not the only one who sees this...

with the ACA, they criminalized personal choice....and they can expand upon that in a number of ways...

"well, we made you buy health insurance, because we love you, and want you to be healthy...it's for your own good. nevermind if you can't afford it, and will never be able to use it, because of the obscenely high deductible....what's important is that you have it, and we love you.......NOW!.....we see you're not eating right, or exercising. this could significantly impact your health, and because we love you, and we want you to be healthy, for your own good, we're going to need you to follow this meal program, and we're also going to need you to report to this government-operated gym 5 times a week, so we can ensure you're getting the proper exercise and food, to keep you healthy, because we love you, and we want you to be healthy. sadly, our love, and best wishes DO come with a small financial burden...after all, the money for the gyms and experts that make up the meal programs, has to come from somewhere. with that said, in order to ensure your compliance, we're going to need to impose a penalty on you, if you fail to comply with our directions.....but why would you want to do that? after all, we love you, we want you to be healthy, and this is for your own good."

with a quick perversion/interpretation of the "general welfare" clause, this could become a reality.....the government is no stranger to creating additional authority for itself, outside of the constitution....
edit on 11-14-2014 by Daedalus because: we love you, and want you to spell properly..

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

i'm not judging you, based on what you make..i'm pullling in less than that....

i don't have an actual job, where i'm in a payroll system, with deductions, and all that....i'm currently operating as a 1099, because it's all i could get for now... they'll provide me with the forms i need, if i need to declare the income, but since i'm making less than the filing threshold, i don't hafta declare it....

and what you said about throwing away the money every month...i've been saying that for a long time...most people don't seem to understand that the ACA is nothing more than a handout to the government, the insurance companies, and people on public assistance programs. it's primarily though, a blank check to the insurance industry, signed by we the people....hundreds of millions of dollars of free money to them...we'll pay the premiums every month, but never be able to derive any benefit from the policy, because let's be honest....if you've got a deductible in the range of 3-10k..who the hell has that kind of money just laying around? so you'll keep jerking along, paying the premium, while getting nothing in return for it, and you'll still end up paying for most, if not all of your medical expenses out of pocket...you're literally just giving them free money...it's complete insanity..
edit on 11-14-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join