It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penalty For Uninsured Not Signing Up For Obamacare To More Than Triple

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I originally read when the "law" was being passed that if you do not have insurance the "penalty" will be automatically withdrawn from your account at the bank. If you have no account or have zero money in it they will suspend your drivers license till it's paid and or put a lean on property you own like a vehicle or house.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
I pray that the GOP leaves Obamacare alone. Don't attempt to repeal it, don't even mention it. Leave it as-is and see what happens.

A smart GOP will say, "you wanted your Obamacare, you can keep your Obamacare".

Let this baby roll on...

True, I get the "you made your own bed now sleep in it" mentality.. but I can also see that mentality just causing more problems for the ones who didn't agree to this law, and must scratch and scrape together a living.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I think they should leave it and not touch it.

They may step in and get rid of it or something else before it's the fines really get up there and start hurting/pissing off people and it fails under it's own weight.

Then the Dems will say "see, it would have worked and been the best thing ever for the American people", and you can't prove them wrong.

If you let it collapse under it's own weight, cost people tons of money and services, then people will see what a joke it was and was only there to insurance companies richer and your coverage suffers along with it.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm going with Butcherguy's response. This was all planned.

For many people, paying health insurance at a hundred bucks a month is not feasible. If you have a part time job, you can't afford to be paying for insurance. It's expensive enough to be paying your rent and utilities and buying your food. Then you need a car and auto insurance to get to work. What do these politicians think? Then when you get layed off from your job, they expect you to ride all over looking for a job, spending what little money you have on travel. These people at the top are so disconnected from the people living in this country it is sickening.

Health care should not be expensive and they need to get the chemistry out of our food that is hurting everyone. Then we wouldn't need the medicines so much. I am not talking about salt either, some of the chemistry added to our foods to make us desire it is causing many people problems. Also the calming chemistry of food that is being told to us is good and healthy is not really so for half the people. It is about controlling the populations, not about our health.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

www.sfgate.com... lots of ways around not paying the fine,i think (but am not sure) that any one who lives in one of the states that did not expand medicaid are not liable for the fine as well as the ones from this source

and Re your leins no they cant as im pretty sure they are prohibited from doing exactly that they can take it out of your tax return but no leins or whatnot

Even if they can’t get an exemption, “failure to pay it is not a crime, and the IRS cannot use liens or levies to collect the penalty,” Wolters Kluwer CCH said in a report. The government could withhold the penalty from your tax refund, if you are due one, and it could add interest to unpaid penalties, said Mark Luscombe, principal federal tax analyst with CCH.
and with the list of excuses to get out of it it should be easy to dodge,and hey if a utilitiy bill being shut off gets an exemption thats a nice simple way to get out of the fine "oh i didnt pay my bill this month so they shut off my power,i now have a utility that was shut off so now im immune from the fine " probably getting power turned on and off is cheaper then the fine will be

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

For many people, paying health insurance at a hundred bucks a month is not feasible.

Just curious, where did you come up with that figure? My moms health insurance, a non profit, through o-bummer care is over 375 a month and that's no dental or eyes.

If she didn't get the tax credit reduction then it would be impossible to afford. Pretty close as it stands. With all the co pays and and fees attached to it.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I have to scratch and scrape as it is now. Might as well make everyone that didn't listen to reason suffer too.

This clustersnip will fail on it's own and a huge amount of us were SCREAMING about how bad it will be, but people were to busy calling us names and not listening to the message.

Remember during the shutdown when Obama said he wants us to hurt and hurt bad? I do and turnabout is fair play!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

There's a great reason. Insurance companies want more money. ACA was always about serving corporate interests, just like when it was first conceived by Republicans in the 90's.

This has long been a dream of the progressives. Used to set at one of the country's better Marxist universities and heard then talk about it. It would be a surprise to them if they heard the republicans dreamed it up. But hay I am willing to believe some Republicans considered co-opting the idea.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Move back to a cash society as much as you can or go off grid for the most part.

I'd like to see them 'garnish / tax' bank accounts that don't exist.

Simple.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I have to scratch and scrape as it is now. Might as well make everyone that didn't listen to reason suffer too.

This clustersnip will fail on it's own and a huge amount of us were SCREAMING about how bad it will be, but people were to busy calling us names and not listening to the message.

Remember during the shutdown when Obama said he wants us to hurt and hurt bad? I do and turnabout is fair play!

Yea but gee Wally, now Senator Reed wants to play nice and even hold hands. LOL

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I originally read when the "law" was being passed that if you do not have insurance the "penalty" will be automatically withdrawn from your account at the bank. If you have no account or have zero money in it they will suspend your drivers license till it's paid and or put a lean on property you own like a vehicle or house.

This is coercion. Gangster nation according to the Constitutionalist Party. Real gangland protection racket. Justice whats his name can go *&^% himself.

link   
here is another question i have never seen asked or answered (and hey its probally way off base and not an issue but im curious)

does any one know if your on food stamps or ssdi etc if the subsidies you get for health care count against earned income or like if they count as "assets" (the subsidies). i only ask this as i have a friend that tried ot get on ssdi but did not qualify as he had a trust in his name he didnt know about that didnt pay out for a few more years so it got me thinking if the health care subsidies are counted as income as if they are it may move some people who are border line eligible into ineligible territory. like i said im probably way off base but figured some one on ats could answer this for me

link   

originally posted by: tavi45
ACA was always about serving corporate interests, just like when it was first conceived by Republicans in the 90's.

NIce try but Romneycare for Massachusetts isn't Obamacare which is for the entire nation. This was fathered by Obama and it's Rosemary's baby. The Democrats own this mess.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Penalty For Uninsured Not Signing Up For Obamacare To More Than Triple

Of course it will. Someone has to make up for all the waivers that the Obama administration handed out to their buddies.; all the political payoffs with Obamacare waivers to unions and corporations and entities that support the Obama administration. Those have to be made up for so naturally the average person is going to get nailed to cover them.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka

Move back to a cash society as much as you can or go off grid for the most part. I'd like to see them 'garnish / tax' bank accounts that don't exist. Simple.

they'd just take from your pay check, tell your employer take it out and pay it with your income tax.

edit on 12-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I know someone who can't afford Obama's insurance. She can't afford the penalty either. It's stupid to punish the poor for being poor.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Current events tells me that they planned to increase the 'fine' from the beginning. They just couldn't tell the 'stupid public' in the beginning though.

It was known that it was going to continue going up. However, the MSM never really touched on it or discussed it. The republicans didn't even use this information to slander the Bill.

www.healthbeatblog.com...

2014 an individual who earns $35,000 and chooses to opt out will owe just $95– though if he earns $250,000, he’ll wind up paying $2,500 or roughly 1% of adjusted gross income above $9,500.

Over the next two years, the penalty rises. In 2016, a middle-income family of four earning $60,000 would owe about $2,085

edit on 251130America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 17:25:04 -0600up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i can afford it but i didnt and wont sign up for it...

in my state the poverty guidelines are pretty steep so i go to the hospital/doctor if i need to and when i get the bill i fill out the form and send it back. the hospital writes it off or baby jesus pays it. i dont know which and i dont care...

i dont think they are going to be taking money out of peoples bank accounts though.
i was under the impression the fine will be imposed through irs garnishments.

edit*

either way...i would rather pay the once a year fee than the crazy high monthly premiums plus copays and deductibles...

edit on 12-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Then only take paid "official" work to the bare minimum level required to prevent the need of purchasing this Draconian health care fraud.

Then supplement your income with organic produce you grow on your property at a local market with cash in hand.

Or find those employers that are happy to pay you cash in hand under the table.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Whaaaat? You mean.. the Affordable Care Act becomes even MORE affordable over time? Awesome.

Remember, If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join