It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penalty For Uninsured Not Signing Up For Obamacare To More Than Triple

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

No.

The question is who pays for their medical bills? Who?

Simple question.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345

All quite ironic,
since 'medical treatment' is one of the leading causes of death.

Possibly one of the most sane statements ever said !!!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Are you asking who eats a bill when someone can't pay? The hospital or provider who treated the patient.

They can attempt to collect money, but non payment results in bad credit for the patient and eating a bill for the provider.

That's why they charge insurance so much for aspirin. They're trying to offset people who will never end up paying for the service.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

i answered that. go back, and actually read the post, instead of glancing at it, and saying "no"

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Today when I went to the bank to make a deposit, I had stepped into the bank GM's office, and I asked her if she had heard of anything related to this. She said that all she knew about was that they would deduct the penalty from your tax return, but she didn't hear about the government being able to take it directly from your bank account.

Now either the government hasn't notified banks about how they plan to deduct penalty fees, or the bank GM is just blowing smoke up my rear.

The next time you guys go to the bank, don't be afraid to talk to the branch manager and see if they have heard about this. I guess it could depend on your bank, but I'd figure every bank would be included in the memo.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

They can only take it from your bank account if you fail to pay your taxes. They won't do it automatically.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Whatever happened to the whole , health care for everyone premise, Im confused as hell here, Lets see if Obama addresses that tonight, I hope so

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Taajsgpm

Universal free healthcare isn't what the ACA is about.

It's intended to get everyone insured at a cost of their own for the most part.

Even if you pay for insurance it is cheaper than higher taxes would be under a single payer system.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

To append, once everyone has insurance premiums should start to decline.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

My friend, Im as confused as you. But the wife and I figured it out. Even WITH a penalty, and NO insurance and us paying all my scripts, dr's, tests etc....its STILL cheaper.

So if we can...we're going it alone...just like we have been. *

*I do have company insurance I dont use because even it...is way higher than just us paying o.o.pocket.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Universal free healthcare isn't what the ACA is about.

It's intended to get everyone insured at a cost of their own for the most part.

Even if you pay for insurance it is cheaper than higher taxes would be under a single payer system.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if we could get insurance outlawed under the idea that it is basically glorified racketeering. Especially now that they essentially are extorting people by threatening to punish them if they don't buy protection.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Today when I went to the bank to make a deposit, I had stepped into the bank GM's office, and I asked her if she had heard of anything related to this. She said that all she knew about was that they would deduct the penalty from your tax return, but she didn't hear about the government being able to take it directly from your bank account.

Now either the government hasn't notified banks about how they plan to deduct penalty fees, or the bank GM is just blowing smoke up my rear.

The next time you guys go to the bank, don't be afraid to talk to the branch manager and see if they have heard about this. I guess it could depend on your bank, but I'd figure every bank would be included in the memo.

I don't think the banker is blowing smoke, it seems to me that the mechanism for making those transfers is already in place. They can already drain your bank account----This is the IRS!!! When your bank account is empty, they can come and take your grandmother's silver if it happens to reside in your house.
When it comes right down to it, the bank really doesn't want the government confiscating your money because they've got it on their books as an asset. I don't think any bank can keep your money safe from government and I don't think there's any insurance against government greed.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

You know what, I am now NEVER going to enroll.

F that, them and anyone who tries to force my hand.

Its cheaper not to enroll anyways.

Lets see how far they are willing to take this. At some point they will go to far. Even the sun sets ladies and gentlemen. Even rocks turn to dust.

Eat my ass ACA. I am a cash person.
edit on 11 21 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It is kind of CRAP that they tax us for Medicaid/Care and will now tax us again for the same thing. Why not just increase Medicare tax. Why the elaborate hoax of ACA? How are people making minimum wage suppose to pay for this stuff? Even at $15 an hour you cant pay rent, buy dinner and pay for ACA.

Glad I earned my healthcare through federal retirement.

edit on 21-11-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

i've often wondered about this...

why not scrap medicaid, expand medicare to cover all citizens, and increase the contribution level? we pay a little more tax, we all get access to medical services..everybody wins..

i mean, if we can afford 200-300 dollars a month for insurance, why not like 200 dollars a month, per citizen, flat-rate?

most people would probably save money....people without jobs, or income could still get access to services, BUT, they'd still need to provide proof of citizenship, or legal presence (work visa, valid american identification, passport, green card, etc), and foreign nationals would also need to present identification, and would need to pay an amount toward services

so basically, if you're from here, you get what you need, if you're visiting, you gotta give us some money, but we'll take care of you, and if you're here illegally, you get nothing.
edit on 11-21-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Actually, yes you can...There is a very cheap Kaiser plan, and similar HMO plans that low income single earners or families can afford. In the long run, it is cheaper than expanding taxes. Also, as more people get insurance, the prices are supposed to come down.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

It wouldn't be "a little more tax". Have you researched this? It would be roughly a 15% tax across the board to provide "free" healthcare. It's not like they could just increase taxes by 1-2% and viola, magically insurance.

What is upsetting is this: 1/4 of the defense budget, the majority of which goes to overseas spending, would actually pay for "free" healthcare for all US citizens.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It actually won't be cheaper to enroll after 5 years. The fine will outweigh the cost of purchasing a cheap insurance plan.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Yet it is still cheaper and at least gives people purchasing power unlike a government subsidized healthcare system.

I have supported the ACA since its inception, I am just upset how much my insurance has spiked as I was expecting it to drop much quicker or not spike as much. I know that in the long run it should be lower than where it started.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Then its principal. In the mean time it IS cheaper, and feels so much better than having someone force me into giving money to criminals.

I would gladly pay more in fines on principal alone. Who the hell does this administration think it is and who the hell do they think they are dealing with? If in 5 years its cheaper, I will still not enroll. They went too far.

Hell, I am considering arranging my affairs like a mafia where nothing is in my name. I have relatives over seas that I could put EVERYTHING in their names.

I would close my family´s businesses and live off my wits and probably make more money anyways.

Who is John Galt?

edit on 11 21 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join