It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Police Shoot US Teen Near Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Police in the Mexican border state of Tamaulipas wounded a pregnant 14-year-old U.S. citizen after the truck she was in failed to obey police commands to stop.

The Tamaulipas state prosecutor's office said late Monday the teen and her four-month-old fetus are not in danger of dying.

The office said the shooting happened around midnight on a Reynosa street near the international bridge leading to Pharr, Texas.

State police officers approached the girl and a boy who was driving the truck outside a convenience store, and ordered them to stop.

The driver took off, and police fired at the truck's tires to stop the vehicle.

When it stopped, the driver fled and the girl was found wounded in the belly, and taken to a hospital.

The prosecutor's office said the state police officers would be questioned in the case.

The U.S. Embassy in Mexico said it was aware of reports that an American citizen had been shot in Reynosa, but could not provide further details.

Meanwhile, inquiries continue into the deaths of three American siblings found shot to death outside the nearby city of Matamoros in late October.

The parents of Erica, Alex and Jose Angel Alvarado Rivera of Progreso, Texas, said armed men dressed in uniforms identifying them as "Grupo Hercules," a specialized police unit in Matamoros took them and Erica's boyfriend from a taco restaurant near the border town of El Control on Oct. 13. Their bodies were found on Oct. 29, outside Matamoros.

Grupo Hercules is made up of former soldiers and marines who have been vetted by state police to provide security for city officials and target crime in high-risk areas.

Source #1 and Source #2

I don't think we are getting all the facts here. Even the two sources are a little different in their story. Don't even get me started on why a 14 yr old was out past midnight, on a school night, across the boarder, and pregnant to boot. Great parenting right there.

From what I understand, the male may have done something. Neither source states a reason why the police were trying to pull over the car. Mexican police aren't known for being ethical. Maybe they had crossed illegally. I wonder if he is a US citizen or a Mexican national. If a US citizen penalties can be high for illegal immigrants in Mexico. (it's kinda ironic.) Maybe he had drugs. Maybe he stole something at the convenience store. Maybe he was part of a cartel. Who knows. What we do know is he made things a lot worse, than it had to be, and endangering the welfare of his "friend" in the process. This is why we should be cracking down on boarder security. It causes so many problems for both countries involved.

I have no sympathy for the girl or the boy. It seems that at a young age she has made a series of bad decisions. She's lucky she wasn't killed or put in a Mexican jail.

Investigators reported that 14-year-old Indira Michelle Blanco-Gonzalez was a passenger inside a Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck driven by a man only described as a "friend."

I don't like CPS...but this shouldn't they be investigating this case? Obviously this girl, and now her unborn child, don't have a good home life. If tax payers are going to fund CPS they at least need to do their job. If not we could use that money else where. Why the hell was a man allowed to take a child across the boarder without a parent? Was he her "John" ? Shouldn't they be investigating who impregnated her in the first place? She falls under statutory rape laws... since someone so young can't legal give consent it the state of Texas.

However, now US citizens will have to pay to support her and her baby. Let's hope she decides to give the baby up for adoption, but I doubt it with the amount of money she can get off of welfare/food stamp programs. Another person not paying taxes or working but popping out as many kids as they can before they can even vote.

**************************************************************************************

ETA: Mother's interview with a video. .

"My daughter asked to borrow my truck so she could take a friend to the far bridge," the mom told CBS News. "About eight minutes later she called to tell me shots were being fired at them. I asked her, 'Who?' She said, 'The soldiers.' "

So much is wrong here. She let her 14 yr old take and drive her truck to take a "friend" across the boarder. She should be arrested for endangering the welfare of a minor. It's her fault, that due to her own stupidity and crappy parentiny, that this event happened.

And to add another link for a Mexican news source.
warning: the story doesn't translate well to English. It's a rough read.
edit on 11/12/2014 by blackcatmagic because: add links.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It is blueberry odd

1) pregnant 14year old
2) driving across border with a man
3) ran for some reason

None of it adds up

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

Cheaper Abortion maybe?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is the perfect example of something that Europe does that the US should emulate.

The girl is a child.

She is clearly out of control or severely neglected by her parents.

She was obviously breaking the law.

In Germany a girl under the age of 18 who is pregnant, must go to court and prove she will be a fit parent on her own, and prove she can support the child and herself on her own. If she can not prove those things, the child is immediately removed from her custody at birth and put up for adoption. They do this because the mother is automatically declared an unfit parent before the child is born, or at birth if she hides the pregnancy. No underage teenager is allowed to keep a baby without these 2 conditions being met.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
She might have been a US citizen, but it makes more sense when you see her name is Indira Michelle Blanco-Gonzalez.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
but i'd imagine she's following the father and lets just say a preganant lady aint the fastest moving targest around thus an easy target but also i thought they didn't really care too much about us->mexico traffic, but not to care about people is rather sad in a general way if some how because you become preggers without getting married you're perfectly good target practice as far as some people are concerned worries me

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I added some other links to my op. But it just raises more questions than answers.

According to the mother's interview, through an interpreter, the daughter borrowed the truck to drop a "friend" off. The police opened fire on the truck shortly after it crossed the boarder for an unspecified reason. The friend crashed the truck into a ditch and ran. The daughter got out of the truck asking for help because her stomach hurt and then the police shot her in the stomach.

So many inconsistencies.......

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcatmagic

OMGosh!!! They still shot here!!!???!!! Pregnant!!!

Your right, too many inconsistencies...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
what i really want to know is how do you try and shoot tires, and put a round through a door into someones stomach? That's piss poor aim, or just reactionary point and shoot with no marksmanship fundementals involved.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

They deserve a medal of valor.

They are all heros!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ripcontrol
It is blueberry odd

1) pregnant 14year old
2) driving across border with a man
3) ran for some reason

None of it adds up

Actually maybe going for an abortion makes perfect sense.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It would be a plausible explanation if it wasn't a little after midnight when this occurred. Unless they have 24/hr abortion clinics in Mexico. . . But who in their right mind let's their 14 yr hop across the border to get an abortion with a male "friend". Apparently the girl is just a pay check to the "mother".

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sure are many assumptions going around about that preggers chiquita ... who knows, maybe she's a straight A student with a planned pregnancy who was out late doing a school project on immigration issues...

People shouldn't throw attitudes around glass egos.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

They deserve a medal of valor.

They are all heros!

Please tell me this is bad humor

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

No way, Catholic's dont do abortion.

Could have been covering for a cartel?

This story is all wrong.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sounds like the baby daddy knew some police officers in Mexico and didn't want the kid. Why would they shoot her in stomach?

I call bull#.

Either way, I just realized I don't care about this story at all. Wasn't I reading a finance article? Bah!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

What type of man and I use that very loosely here, sleeps with a 13 or 14 year old child.

If a vehicle refuses to stop though with the current problems caused by gang of drug cartels and people traffickers which is causing both political and economic pressure on both sides of that border it is not surprising these officers opened fire and it is likely that the same procedure would have been followed on the us side, however a simple pursuit would have been preferable but did the police see the girl of were the occupants a mystery to him.

Similar shooting's happened during the time of the troubles in northern Ireland but they were soldiers whose checkpoint's were ran or who a vehicle refused to stop for as it could have been carrying weapon's or members of banned paramilitary organization's.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
This is the perfect example of something that Europe does that the US should emulate.

The girl is a child.

She is clearly out of control or severely neglected by her parents.

She was obviously breaking the law.

In Germany a girl under the age of 18 who is pregnant, must go to court and prove she will be a fit parent on her own, and prove she can support the child and herself on her own. If she can not prove those things, the child is immediately removed from her custody at birth and put up for adoption. They do this because the mother is automatically declared an unfit parent before the child is born, or at birth if she hides the pregnancy. No underage teenager is allowed to keep a baby without these 2 conditions being met.

I agree. It's a better idea than taxpayers shelling out thousands and thousands of dollars to children, who keep having children, who end up living in poverty, attached the government boob, their whole life.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the girl wanted to pull over but the moron driver took her for a short chase unwillingly? Not all passengers are criminals.

top topics

join