It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian warships ‘heading to Australia’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hi I did search and couldn't find anything .

IS this because Abbort accused Putin of the MH 17? sure sounds like it in the article.

If so, I hope the Aust Navy are able to show some restraint. but DO NOT MAKE THEM FEEL WELCOME>

Im 1.5 hours from Brisbane, I may travel up to see if I can get any pictures on saturday if they are thinking they can anchor off the beach of Brisbane.

www.news.com.au...
edit on 12-11-2014 by option158 because: Spelling

edit on 12-11-2014 by option158 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Im in Hervey Bay, just saw this on the news too, I think it is just a meet and greet, if not, they'll need more than just 2 ships.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Hope the Ozzie's sink the buggers!
edit on Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:26:58 -0600262America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
Im in Hervey Bay, just saw this on the news too, I think it is just a meet and greet, if not, they'll need more than just 2 ships.

Believe there's four ships on the way; 'flagship' included. I don't keep tabs on the Aussie Navy; but I would venture to guess that they run say - half a dozen destroyers and half a dozen cruisers? Not to knock the Aussies ( All love ) - but I would also bet money that there is a submarine scout detachment pretty far ahead of this 'display of force', as well as another submarine detachment in close proximity to the 'small fleet' - that I'm sure has an upper hand on the Aussie Navy; unless the Aussies rally their full fleet in a blockade.

I'd hate to imagine if this four-ship-fleet ( that I suspect is likely more like an 8-10 ship fleet ) came across some Australian vessels one-by-one.

Hopes and prayers; I hope everyone does the same...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Has the world gone mad? Why the show of force? Australia of all places?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I hope the russians don't run into any rogue mines/sarcasm.

Wow, Putin is getting older. His age is beginning to show. And you can definitely see his Mongol heritage in this photo.

edit on V552014Wednesdaypm30America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 14:55:11 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Russia "Putin" "shirt fronting" Australia for a laugh?

With a Tug in the fleet could they say one of there ships has broken down and tow it into a Australian port for repairs?

That would be a good slap to the face of Tony Abbort.

It is understood Mr Putin has ordered the fleet to show-off the might of the Russian navy in the wake of Australia’s international condemnation of Mr Putin after MH17 was shot down by Russian backed rebels.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott had vowed to “shirt-front” Mr Putin at the G20 summit in Brisbane.

www.news.com.au...

edit on 12-11-2014 by option158 because: waiting for my toast to pop.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
Has the world gone mad? Why the show of force? Australia of all places?

Doesn't look like Australia is alone:

Russian Tanks Move Across Ukraine Border: NATO Chief Breedlove

( I know, I know - could all be propaganda; but then again... it could be.. not... propaganda. )
edit on 12-11-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

Yeah well tanks in the Ukraine is one thing. There is no rhyme or reason to this that I can see

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
They're in international waters, they can do that as much as any country on this planet, it only gets ropey when they get into national waters and like them with their bombers they know where the borders are and just want to perhaps see response times, i'm sure many of the western nations do it but since it's in our 'interests' we just call it basic training and job done

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There seems to be a Russian delegation visiting Australia, I didn't get all the video though as it crashed.
Some of the rest, "The prime minister's office says this is nothing unusual" It's been done before it seems.
edit on 12-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It is routine really. The new "Buzzwords" in most modern Military organizations is now to project "Global Reach, Global Power" So lets take a second and tie this in to the Soviets... The UN speaks of creating a buffer zone in the Ukraine. The Canadians, Australians and Sweden would immediately come to mind as the Russians would never agree to the USA , Germany, Poland or Turkey to volunteer there troops.

Sending a pecker waving small Russian naval Task force to your backyard makes you think about getting involved into anything that pisses these guys off... So we have some major penis waving going on by the Russians. However this is just done for a precaution as Putin is invading the Ukraine and absolutely nobody is prepared to stop him. Sanctions are worthless. However I will admit the Australians are not close to a power match with AUS. The Boys down under would put up a great scrap....

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

Yeah well tanks in the Ukraine is one thing. There is no rhyme or reason to this that I can see

They could be squaring up to face multiple fronts; has Australia proposed any support for the Ukraine in the event of an invasion? Would seem both rhyme and reason to me.

Otherwise; it could just be proactive thinking for a global move. As a self-proclaimed strategist ( good for a chuckle ), I could see this sort of posturing as both distraction and preemptive action. I.E. :

"We'll move ships on Australia so that when we move on the Ukraine, if there is any NATO or Western kickback, we have another country to invade at the same time - a 'western' country on that token, that will be comparatively easy next to many of the other nations that would challenge us, and one that would weaken the potential opposition in the Ukraine - if NATO has to fight on two fronts and the motherland already has the upper hand thanks to all of this posturing, holding them off for time to dig in on both of these fronts becomes easier. Western countries may also send portions of their fleets to Australia to preempt 'us' ( I'm playing Russia here... ), which eases contention in a Ukrainian takeover."

Just some thoughts. Draw the enemy out in different directions to reduce the likely-hood, or strength of resistance in more key locations.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Simple. Just throw Australian wildlife at them.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Australia would get squashed like a bug, seriously our best defense is to shut our mouth ( looking at you Abbot ) and let the big boys play that game.

Fact is our Country is too sparse and too big for any Country to actually invade and hold for any definite period of time, a couple of droughts, heatwaves and a few snakes would see most off in a few years.
edit on 12-11-2014 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
I hope the russians don't run into any rogue mines/sarcasm.

Wow, Putin is getting older. His age is beginning to show. And you can definitely see his Mongol heritage in this photo.

He is not quite as fit and healthy as some think .....

After walking 9 kilometers in a Siberian mountain range, “everything aches,” he said.

rt.com...

Suggest he doesnt get out much and has serious fitness issues .....

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
There seems to be a Russian delegation visiting Australia, I didn't get all the video though as it crashed.
Some of the rest, "The prime minister's office says this is nothing unusual" It's been done before it seems.

Aye it is not uncommon for a few USSR ships to be in the vicinity of wherever the dear leader is visiting. Although what we make of them sending a tug I am not sure. I guess that is all they have?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

They could be squaring up to face multiple fronts; has Australia proposed any support for the Ukraine in the event of an invasion? Would seem both rhyme and reason to me.

Otherwise; it could just be proactive thinking for a global move. As a self-proclaimed strategist ( good for a chuckle ), I could see this sort of posturing as both distraction and preemptive action. I.E. :

"We'll move ships on Australia so that when we move on the Ukraine, if there is any NATO or Western kickback, we have another country to invade at the same time - a 'western' country on that token, that will be comparatively easy next to many of the other nations that would challenge us, and one that would weaken the potential opposition in the Ukraine - if NATO has to fight on two fronts and the motherland already has the upper hand thanks to all of this posturing, holding them off for time to dig in on both of these fronts becomes easier. Western countries may also send portions of their fleets to Australia to preempt 'us' ( I'm playing Russia here... ), which eases contention in a Ukrainian takeover."

Just some thoughts. Draw the enemy out in different directions to reduce the likely-hood, or strength of resistance in more key locations.

Thats the same thing I worry about and is similar to recent Russian excercise of flying long range bombers close to NATO borders.

I dont beleive they are excercises per se....I beleive they will continue doing these activity and the West will grow complacent to it, and then unknowingly, they will go live.

Agreed, with the subs.....dont be surprised if one pops up in Sydney habor and yells out "surprise".

From memory, going back 15 years, there was an incident of a Chinese or Russian sub off the coast of Eastern Australia that got people worried.

Just hope theres a couple US subs shadowing the Russian fleet "just in case".

Yes, if the UN Security Council votes for action against Russia, unfortunately I foresee a couple subs popping up next to major cities round the world and Putin asking...."Are you sure you dont want to reconsider?"

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Meshakhad

you dont mean to use the Australians top secret uber weapon the infamous drop bears......even the Russians have to fear those.....

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: smurfy

Aye it is not uncommon for a few USSR ships to be in the vicinity of wherever the dear leader is visiting. Although what we make of them sending a tug I am not sure. I guess that is all they have?

USSR? your about a decade out there.
to be fair 4 ships is about all they can afford to crew never mind fuel and maintain

<<   2  3  4 >>

join