It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You need to see this!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Totally amazing... just seen this ad live on ITV, I remember being taught about the football match in "no mans land"
but this was truly inspiring to actually see what it may have looked like especially as most think we are on the brink of WW3..

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Anyone know what the score was and if anyone got sent off.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: anonymous1legion

Yup a great moment in human history...when the common man said no to it's Superiors and just became what is natural to us.
Being good.

Oh and this is an old song but about that same moment.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

3 - 2 to the Germans

en.wikipedia.org...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

if i remember right....after this the commanders of the units passed down an order that there would be no more of this kind of stuff....its amazing when diplomats and leaders fail to make peace but the common soldier can....

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonymous1legion
a reply to: Soloprotocol

3 - 2 to the Germans

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course it was, what else should we expect?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The higher ups didn't like it. They made sure and send extra artillery around Christmas from then on. The funny thing is, what if there was a war and nobody showed up? Not that too many people will show up anyway when the nukes go off

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Yeah their winger got tackled and went down like a sniper had shot him....
Oh wait

edit on 12-11-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yeah their winger got tackled and went down like a sniper had shot him....
Oh wait

Klinsmann's Grandfather?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. People need to be reminded of this type of action. There is a movie made about the event. Unfortunately, the full movie is overdubbed in Russian.

Joyeaux Noel

Here is the Silent Night scene from the movie.

Silent Night - Joyeux Noel

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

As Brits we all still give a little jab at the Germans especially at world cup time and I for one enjoy telling a German in a game I play.

"You lot bombed my Granddads chippy but at least Rosla's Granddad bombed Old Trafford".

Just a little banter I wonder If the Germans do the same?.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys so far...
agreed I do not support War of any kind nor the celebration of war but I do support the celebration of humanity and the innocent lives lost...(checked my post and realised i forgot to add remembrance, I support the remembrance of the innocents lost)

Yeah the germans always seem to beat us at footie however we did have em in 66 lol
edit on 12-11-2014 by anonymous1legion because: Clarification

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Beautiful! Thank you for adding this!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Remember -Love your country, not your government.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The event, I believe is historical and true. The Germans were ahead in the game, 3 to 2.
However, it must be noted, that these men shared the True belief that Jesus, Is Lord and Is The Christ. The True G_D and Messiah. This event would never happen in Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia...

SnF, I forgot that I already flagged this and when I clicked it again, it took away my flag. Poop!
edit on V252014Wednesdaypm30America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 14:25:53 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Sorry Religion doesn't have the monopoly on being good.
Christmas is not just for Christians you know.
It is about peace and love for all men, (and women, transgender heck just human).
edit on 12-11-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I find it obscene.

Yes, what a great story: in the middle of a war, people stop fighting because of Christmas, play football, share gifts, and then go back to killing each other...inspirational!

Every time is for sharing, not just Christmas.

Well done to the producers of that add though. It sure does tug the heart strings.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

They sure do banter well. When they won Euro '96 they stole 'Football's coming home' and sang it on their victory parade.

They did the same for their World Cup celebration this year, so it knd of looks like, it's their song now.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Anyone know what the score was and if anyone got sent off.

1 nil to No

and Salmond got a red card

ha lols

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
The event, I believe is historical and true. The Germans were ahead in the game, 3 to 2.
However, it must be noted, that these men shared the True belief that Jesus, Is Lord and Is The Christ. The True G_D and Messiah. This event would never happen in Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia...

I dunno I think they were just tired of fighting, it was Christmas and they just wanted a little fun rather than for religious beliefs as if they were devout christians surly they wouldnt have been fighting in the first place, I dont belive it to be impossible either for it to happen in the middle east were all human after all

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join