It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police killings highest in two decades

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The numbers are reversing trends look...

Violence from the people toward police is dropping while violence from police is escalating.

What's the #ing deal?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm having a real hard time believing that number. I would have guessed it was at least 3 times that.

"It could be as simple as more departments are reporting,'' Walker said.

That makes sense.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Violence from the people toward police is dropping while violence from police is escalating.

What's the #ing deal?

I like the irony, and the thing is, this is a very singular thread about dead people/aka killed by cop, as in despatched in the immediate. God only knows the numbers of people who have been slammed to the ground, tipped out of their wheelchair, beaten up because their shirtail was hanging out, punched in the face because they were marching on Wall Street, or even killed by gunshot even though they were NOT felony suspects..the list goes on. A bit like the madness.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I'm having a real hard time believing that number. I would have guessed it was at least 3 times that.

"It could be as simple as more departments are reporting,'' Walker said.

That makes sense.

It does, doesn't it not?

This from the Washington Post just back a couple of months ago,
"Criminal justice experts note that, while the federal government and national research groups keep scads of data and statistics— on topics ranging from how many people were victims of unprovoked shark attacks (53 in 2013) to the number of hogs and pigs living on farms in the U.S. (upwards of 64,000,000 according to 2010 numbers) — there is no reliable national data on how many people are shot by police officers each year."
www.washingtonpost.com...

So you are right on the money,
And note in the article the 'hover' mark of around 400 killings by police, there is even a check mark, since the author states 40 something policemen killed in 2012 the last figures given by the FBI at the time of writing.
edit on 12-11-2014 by smurfy because: text.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

You misread me. The only part of that post that was directed at you was that last bit. Take the numbers or don't, I care not. Since you had asked about those numbers I posted what I saw the other day and if you didn't like their numbers or the source, well, that's your call.

It does sound somewhat confrontational and I apologize for that. Wasn't meant that way.

Funny that number in that episode as someone else posted 111, right? Someone is off somewhere. I can only speculate as to why that is.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

322 could also refer to his number of posts. Since he has 322 of those. Idk what that number has to do with skull and bones but yeah i just noticed it might be just his 322nd post.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Oh man your right about the 322 thing. Please excuse my misplaced exuberance.

How ever the "tree" thing still has me mystified.

This is why I was thinking Skull & Bone

Wikipedia

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What's the frigging deal?

Television might have brain washed the cops into thinking they are in some kind of cop sitcom if not their very training. Call it a self fulfilling prophecy . Where the cops go forth thinking everyone is a felon and out to get them... Where in reality their job is about as dangerous as a landscaper as far as deaths per 100,000 on the job.

13 of every 100,000 full-time employees in a bar or drinking establishment die each year.
15 of every 100,000 full-time landscapers do (the same number as police officers).
25 of every 100,000 full-time truck drivers die on the job.

That is enough to really deflate some puffed up roid head. Naw nothing can do that... sorry I said it !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Found this that says 461 people shot by Police. Nothing about civilians being choked to death or Tasered until heart stoppage which we have all seen the reports.

Actually the USA is at a 45 year low for murder according to the video which linked the FBI report.
There is also an interview with Ricky Ross which is very powerful with regards to hip hop and the industrial prison system.. His interview starts at 12:36
INFOWARS Nightly News: with Jakari Jackson November 11 2014: Plus Special Reports

youtu.be...
edit on 13-11-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

FBI Crime statistics show that crime is decreasing significantly nationwide. Meanwhile, police forces are more armed than they have ever been, and are killing more Americans than they ever have.

Seems like that is all that needs to be said.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

no worries ^_^
i can be pretty exuberant too and yeah agreed--that tree comment confused me as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
How many were killed that weren't felony suspects? Do they bother with that statistic?
It seems far more common to hear of someone accidentally shot during a "no-knock" raid or traffic stop than related to catching a felon.
Sad state of affairs. Too many trigger-happy cops on the force and too many chances for them to not be punished for it when they're clearly in the wrong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join