It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Buzz Aldrin's unidentified object

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr....Hi Mr. Oberg, what do you make of Gordon Coopers testimony involving his supposed encounter on a dry lake bed?

In here…

www.ufoevidence.org...

Further disclosures come from astronaut Gordon Cooper. When stationed as a test pilot at Edwards Air Force Base, Cooper along with several other airmen witnessed a UFO land in a nearby lake bed. The incident was filmed on a movie camera and the facts reported to the proper authorities. When the film was developed Cooper was ordered to send it to Washington, and that according to him was the last that he saw of it.

There's a whole section on the page I linked to, about the Cooper stories.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the material.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Just guessing, hmmm. And in what sense it didn't work out very well for me? You sure are an arrogant and impolite person.
Ok. I'll enunciate the problem and present some numbers (but first I'm going to dinner). It will be fun ... and I'm kinda of curious on the numbers I'll arrive (of course it will be overly simplistic because I don't have the time and willingness to go very deep). Give me a few hours.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
You can either listen to what he actually says, or you can believe what people wish he'd said, or what some guy down the pub thinks he heard someone say he'd said.

He did not see any kind of alien spacecraft, nor has he ever said that he did.

And if you say different to his face, he'll punch you in the nose.

The disciplinary action starts at 1:36

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 2timesOO

Update: Buzz explains UFO Moon sighting. Previous statement as to not being alien of any sort...

Per thread: July 14th, 2014

"On Apollo 11 in route to the Moon, I observed a light out the window that appeared to be moving alongside us.... There were many.... And i feel absolutely convinced that we were looking at the sun reflected off of one of these panels. Which one? I don’t know. So technically, the definition could be “unidentified.”

"We well understood exactly what that was. And when we returned, we debriefed and explained exactly what we had observed. And I felt that this had been distributed to the outside world, the outside audience, and apparently it wasn’t, and so many years later, I had the time in an interview to disclose these observations, on another country’s television network...."

"And the UFO people in the United States were very very angry with me, that i had not given them the information. It was not an alien."

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr....Hi Mr. Oberg, what do you make of Gordon Coopers testimony involving his supposed encounter on a dry lake bed?

In here…

www.ufoevidence.org...

Further disclosures come from astronaut Gordon Cooper. When stationed as a test pilot at Edwards Air Force Base, Cooper along with several other airmen witnessed a UFO land in a nearby lake bed. The incident was filmed on a movie camera and the facts reported to the proper authorities. When the film was developed Cooper was ordered to send it to Washington, and that according to him was the last that he saw of it.

There's a whole section on the page I linked to, about the Cooper stories.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the material.

Okay thanks, I think I found the relevant material…

Gordon Cooper hypothesis

Why Did ‘Gordo’ Tell UFO Stories?
Jim Oberg // June 6, 2008

A plausible hypothesis might be that he enjoyed visiting UFO conventions and talk shows, and liked the reception his stories got.

---

His earlier comments, in the 1970s, were much more cautious and well- worded. That was when, for example, he'd only 'heard' about the Edwards AFB case but "saw nothing first hand" (taped interview with OMNI, 1978). Later, of course, in his narratives he had became the 'boss' of the camera team and had personally viewed their films, and later still, internet versions appeared claiming he had actually been on the scene himself. But that was fairly standard narrative embellishment.

So its plausible, I guess. I understand this is a hypothesis and could be misconstrued by some. You know I like your scientific analysis and debunking, have learned a lot from it.

"Maybe he embellished for attention" is a bit reaching, if you don't mind me saying so?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr....
"Maybe he embellished for attention" is a bit reaching, if you don't mind me saying so?

Search on Cooper and David Letterman Show, see the episodes he telephoned in with 'expert advice' comments, that Letterman mocked him over -- and he kept calling for more than a year. Pitiful -- but must have met a need.

The Edwards story is inconsistent with EVERY other witness and record.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Thanks for your replies. Oaths of secrecy vs. pangs of conscience potentially rock the boat of consistency.

As opposed to debunking a bit of video or pic… thats easier.

Always a pleasure, sir.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
You can either listen to what he actually says, or you can believe what people wish he'd said, or what some guy down the pub thinks he heard someone say he'd said.

He did not see any kind of alien spacecraft, nor has he ever said that he did.

And if you say different to his face, he'll punch you in the nose.

haha 12 year slater that's still one of my all-time favorite interviews. Sibrel got off easy that day.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I gave it a thought and I have decided that the math of the problem deserve a whole new thread. First part of the thread to be delivered at 23:00 (GMT). The distance to the object.
Of course, it will be a very simple (but effective) approach.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join