It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown's parents address U.N.: 'We need the world to know'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah, this instance is almost tailor-made to cause heads to swell and burst ... black parents testifying to the UN about official police overreach ...

Interesting that many of the posts here are condemning Michael Brown's parents for deciding that Wilson is guilty, but at the same time, there's absolutely no awareness of doing the same thing: condemning Brown as a "wannabe gangsta" without a court finding.

What's good for one gander is not good for the other gander, I take it. Wonder why?

The same folks who generally decry police state overreach are just fine with it in this case. Wonder why?

Well because Michael Brown is obviously guilty because his mom has had trouble with the police too. And goodness knows this was the very first instance in Ferguson of any allegations or reports or incidents (or findings on the part of the Missouri Attorney General's office) of the police acting against African Americans disproportionately, huh?

And dang those agitators from up north, why can't they just be quiet and let things be?

And please, don't let the only responses here be "playing the race card again we see" ... because the core issue here and in the discussion is race and racial tension. Have a tiny bit of forensic dignity.
edit on 11Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:19:40 -060014p1120141166 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There are many questions that should be answered. The first one is why are they not waiting till the grand jury has released its findings?

If I was a lawyer for the officer, I would use the parents actions, along with those of say Sharpton and Jackson in favor of my client, based that they are biasing any and all potential jurors, that the client can not get a fair trial. That way it would really put the pressure on the family, and those aggitators to keep quiet.

We should ask, this UN comission, about the any number of problems around the world. How about how the West African and Islamic countries treatments of homosexuals, or how about the treatment of those who are of a different faith in the Islamic countries, or how about the enslavement and virtual slavery of those in say North Korea, or any number of jails in Latin and South America, or any number of regimes in the world where they are oppresive to the point of brutality in any number of countries?

This is a plea, and a cry of a person who does not want to admit that the findings may indicate that their child is not so innocent as they would like for the public to believe.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The forensics which HAVE been released seem to point toward a confrontation between Brown and Wilson, and a struggle for the gun. If the forensics released thus far reported that Brown had been shot from behind, or that there was no struggle for the weapon, I'd side with Brown's supporters immediately.

Of course, when the final word on indictment is released, my opinion may change, but based on the evidence released to the public so far, I'm in favor of Wilson's version of events.

In my mind, the whole "race" issue has been FORCED into the picture to make this whole situation bigger than it really is.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: StarGazer77
My hope is that the U.N. is smart enough

Oxymoron of the century. Nothing against you StarGazer. I happen to agree with you, but, when it comes to the UN, bashing the USA is it's favorite sport.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I agree with "UN Intelligence" being a great oxymoron, but it seems their new whipping boy has been Russia for the last several months.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: chishuppu

It never fails that nearly every thread on ATS, there's always that one poster who tries to tie-in some tragedy to somehow be Obama's fault.

Hi there! Is Obama responsible for Ebola too? Did he order the assassination of John Kennedy? Oh, I know. He faked the moon landing too!

In all fairness, the administration did get itself involved in this incident and the attorney general did his part to inflame the issue.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
When does the T-Shirt come out.

The Ferguson Police Department is currently investigating claims that Lesley McSpadden brought a group of people — including her own mother — to beat vendors and rob them of their “Justice for Mike Brown” merchandise Oct. 18, The Smoking Gun has learned.

They are already selling the Tshirts in Ferguson.

I know, i was referring to the "I've spoken to the UN" T-Shirts..

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

So the fact that the Missouri Attorney General has carried on investigations in Ferguson previous to this event contributes nothing to the possibility that there might actually BE a problem with race relations between the police and the citizenry in Ferguson? You just know that the numerous and historical allegations of mistreatment of citizens by police are all just hear-say or made up?

The forensics do show signs of a struggle, which can just as easily be explained by reports of the officer assaulting Brown and pulling a gun. The fact that Brown died 25-30 feet away after fleeing the officer could also tell someone "all they needed to know."

Race is a factor it has not been "forced into" the situation by any party.
edit on 11Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:52:20 -060014p1120141166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

So, these officials cannot be seen as expressing valid concerns based on past evidence (the AG) or a President addressing an issue several weeks later that had spread across the country in an attempt to abate tensions?

What they did has to be seen as "inflaming" the issue?

Why, I wonder?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's your opinion and you're entitled to believe that. I never said there wasn't a problem with race in Ferguson. I don't live there, so I'm not qualified to say there is or there isn't about that.

What I said is that this specific case has had the race issue pushed. And hard. A few things to note:

Wilson has NEVER before this incident had any indication of being a violent cop.
Wilson has kept a clean record, and even earned a commendation.

So why would, on this day, an otherwise spic-and-span officer decide he was going to kill this man?
He's never been accused of using unnecessary force before, and as far as cops are concerned, was widely considered to be "one of the good ones".

Brown was seen on tape strong-arm robbing a store less than an hour before his confrontation with Wilson. The tape all but confirms it, but there will never be an "official" trial because the suspect is dead. Were this had gone to court, I'm confident this would be an open an shut case of robbery, and Brown would be in jail. At least, were I on the jury, seeing the tape would be enough for me to weigh in as guilty.

Couple this with signs of a struggle for the weapon, and my mind is pretty well made up.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What's the message then? - disarm the police?
This is just sad.
PT Barnum lived too long ago, he would have loved to be alive right now and in politics.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just taking RACE baiting international,is all.
Skin is a dead issue and should stay that way.
clashdaily.com...
We have a lot to fix and staying hung up on priviliges and race is a beard to cover selfishness.
I wonder why these FREEWHEELING fathers who DEPOSIT their ofspring and LEAVE aren't punished for such behavior?
THAT would be A GREAT place to start fixing the mess.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
its seems the brown/mcspadden are seeking outside assistance to get them something they call justice.

i could say something incredibly inappropriate about what would happen to that outside help if it came, but i'll save it for the proper place.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
At this point, I almost feel like maybe it's better to just... Let it go.
I mean, neither Michael Brown or the cop were really in the right. Theft doesn't equal death, but a cop asking questions doesn't equal an aggressive attack, either. I don't know what to believe with this topic anymore. All I know is that we can learn from it.
Right now, I don't feel like Michaels parents are trying to get 'justice,' as they say. It's a giant pity party. No one wants to care about their kid until they end up dead, at least in these sort of communities, that sentence runs very true. Just let it die. Stop feeding the racism, and move on. Whether guns are banned or not, cops will still have them. Talking to the UN isn't helping the situation regarding police brutality.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

'We need the world to know'

They need the world to know what exactly? No one knows what happened because the Grand Jury hasn't released the information and hasn't shown the evidence yet. They might want to wait until the evidence is released before they bring attention to Ferguson because the facts MAY point to their adult son being a thief and a bully.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Yes, and this is why I'm wondering what the Brown family seeks to gain from this.

My guess is that they want sympathy some sort of statement from the U.N. suggesting that Michael Brown intentionally murdered their son simply because he was was black, and then use that statement to take to the Department of Justice to get the Civil Rights violations.

Can that even be done?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

So the fact that the Missouri Attorney General has carried on investigations in Ferguson previous to this event contributes nothing to the possibility that there might actually BE a problem with race relations between the police and the citizenry in Ferguson? You just know that the numerous and historical allegations of mistreatment of citizens by police are all just hear-say or made up?

The forensics do show signs of a struggle, which can just as easily be explained by reports of the officer assaulting Brown and pulling a gun. The fact that Brown died 25-30 feet away after fleeing the officer could also tell someone "all they needed to know."

Race is a factor it has not been "forced into" the situation by any party.

According to known evidence so far, Officer Wilson never assaulted Brown in any way, as the autopsy did not reveal this or any wounds sustained.

Instead, Wilson has medical proof of an assault to his face.

They also look at knuckles to determine if any physical fight occurred.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i think police brutality isn't a act on just blacks, it's affecting everyone. Police are militarizing and given free reign to over step on our rights knowing most Americans are not knowledeable enough to know their rights. They are beindg indoctrinated to serve about he law.

It's hypocrital the mother is campaigning against un farness yet she and her thugs just went and assaulted someone over a T shirt. Great roll model.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join