It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First contact: Who should represent humanity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Noe If I were the aliens I would visit the people in jails and prisons etc.
You want to find out the truth about us Humans visit those first and work your way up.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
First contact has already been made. This is a pointless endeavor. Even if it hadn't been the little people would not be involved.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately I believe they have already made contact. Or, Atleast, spied on us enough to realize that the human race is stupid and far behind their technological advances. I don't think anyone could represent the human race. We represent ourselves as a whole. We all fall prey to our human behaviors and evils that reside here with us.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Iam kinda a glass half full guy so I will counter that by saying we have infinite capabilities for good also.
Maybe that is why they have not sent down a virus to just wipe us all out...yet.

So aliens work your way up from the evil we can do to the good and then decide If we are worth it.
edit on 12-11-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

we have infinite capabilities for good also. Maybe that is why they have not sent down a virus to just wipe us all out...yet

Either that or they know we can not contribute in a good way or a negative way to where they are at. So they won't even waste their time wiping us out. I do think, though, that there are some people or species that they take special interest in and that explains the "kidnappings" and encounters that so many experience.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
In all honesty if I were an alien, I would fly over a upper middle class neighborhood and want to talk to a few normal hardworking intellectual civic minded families. People who went to college, speak two or more languages, people who have traveled, people who are not on drugs, not overly too religious, people who Read Books and watch the news, people who can mentally handle the job of accepting reality. I would not want to find out what Earth is like from agovworker who may not be honest or helpful. A doctor's, lawyer's, or engineer and their families would be three good families to start with.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

Sorry you want them to be honest but put lawyers as the people they should contact first.
LOL.
Also NO.
Most people in the world are not in those catagories and I find you a little disrespectful of those who are not.
Some of the most honest hard working decent people I have ever met are working class.
Including myself.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We'll be careful and have some defense. Anyone should walk up to then. it takes some balls to do it.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
well if you think America is the one that covers up the most. the greys are real and in time the cracks will show.
a reply to: PageLC14

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 Seeing how angry you immediately became I would say the working class needs more intellectual education so they respond on a logical rather than emotional response to situations that may unfold. The responsibility of handling an embassador's role should fall to those hardworking, educated, and responsible civic minded people. This is not about you, it is about the Earth and all the people. Civic minded responsible intellectuals.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

I think we shouldn't have anyone like yourself with an elitist point of view be anywhere near first contact.
Like you said it is about all of us.
We are all cogs in the wheel even If you choose to look down on some.
Oh been there and done that education...but education doesn't teach you anything about life.
Life does and experience.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
a reply to: boymonkey74 Seeing how angry you immediately became I would say the working class needs more intellectual education so they respond on a logical rather than emotional response to situations that may unfold. The responsibility of handling an embassador's role should fall to those hardworking, educated, and responsible civic minded people. This is not about you, it is about the Earth and all the people. Civic minded responsible intellectuals.

Educated intellectual "embassadors"?

You're so intellectual that you must use alternate spellings of common words? La-di-dah.

edit on 11/12/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Lol.
Just lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It should be obvious and clear to everyone that Chuck Norris is the only person suitable for the job....duh..

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Depends, they probably wouldn't care for the most part, unless folks really wanted one on their behalf to make themselves feel represented like a diplomat, then they'd probably respect such a wish if they wanted too. That's if they even cared about politics or find our form of it a little too...primitive for the most part.

They probably read us like we were books.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Kim Kardashian?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: frugal

Educated intellectual "embassadors"?

You're so intellectual that you must use alternate spellings of common words? La-di-dah.

those must be the people that adore embassies?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Definitely not an American. We're all political lunatics! LOL

Probably someone from a South American country or a northern European country like Denmark.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The UN has already appointed someone for the job.
Simonetta Di Pippo

Simonetta Di Pippo (born Rome, 1959) is an Italian astrophysicist. From May 2008 to March 2011 she was Director, Human Spaceflight at European Space Agency. From May 2012, she has been appointed the Head of the European Space Policy Observatory at ASI Brussels. From June 2009 she's President and co-founder of the international association Women in Aerospace Europe, based in the Netherlands. Knighted by the President of the Italian Republic in 2006, the International Astronomical Union (IAU) named asteroid 21887 "dipippo" as a recognition of her contribution to space exploration. In May 2013, the St. John's University in Vinovo (TO) awarded her with an Honoris Causa Degree in Environmental Studies.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I hope she becomes the most famous person on the planet soon.
I just hope it doesn't go down like Mars attacks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join