It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First contact: Who should represent humanity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Many people believe that contact with an advanced extraterrestrial race is inevitable, but we are more focused on how we should communicate rather then how we should present ourselves. So after much deliberation I’ve narrowed the list down to a handful of candidates that could represent humanity with dignity.

Firstly, we need someone to initiate communications, and for that we need someone who is friendly, cultured, well spoken, and can maintain an immaculate appearance. And this man seems appropriate for the job:

Next, we'll need a correspondent. Someone who can serve as an translator, a mediator, and a media consultant that can maintain a calm and cool demeanor under intense scrutiny. And I believe I have found a woman that perfectly fits the criteria:

However we are a planet of many species, and if an alien race is to regard us an inclusive and tolerant people, we need delegates from other species to play their roll on the global stage. But there are so many species that could stand beside us on the global stage, and I believe I've found the perfect candidates.

The first is well known for it's scientific curiosity and prowess.

And the second is renown for it's rich culture and cunning military tactics.

But enough with the jokes. If we were to receive an extraterrestrial emissary, who should be there to welcome them? Who can we trust to represent humanity in a dignified manner? We might have only one chance to impress, if things go wrong then we could be shunned by the galactic community...or worse.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Stephen Hawking

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
the hell with aliens, tell me i can have the animals in the last gif as pets, red panda, right? it's not a ferret so my girlfriend won't complain about the smell, and it's not a rabbit so i won't complain about the smell hehehe.
Now, who should represent us?
this youtube video by Vsauce actually lists 2 people that are unofficially assigned as ambassadors to greet the little green men if they show up:

www.youtube.com...

Aside from that "official" response, the only person that i could really think of sending, or would want to send, is Mr. Rogers.
What better way to greet our neighbors from the stars?
But unfortunately he isn't here anymore, so i don't know... bill nye?
unless they turn out to be hostile, in that case send out Donald Trump

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Already happened last night...
Sorry guys I think I didn't make a good impression after a gallon of beer.
I flirted with the guys space wife and we are all doomed.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The Dalai Lama. A peace loving man without a horse in any race IMO.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I'll do it!

Pew pew pew, Mericka!

ET backstrap on the barbie.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Woohoo, first double post.

I now have ATS street cred!
edit on 12-11-2014 by KawRider9 because: double post.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I don't know who should be in the delegation, but there should be no politicians, no military, no police, no government employees of any kind.

Having said that, I guess that Professors Brian Cox, Stephen Hawking, and the like. I would also put in the astrobiology professor Lynn J Rothschild, although not if she is actually a Rothschild in the negative sense!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If they've observed us before landing, they'll know we're just a bunch of monkeys playing with fire. Any represenative we send would be a false face, since it would be a hand picked version of the best we have to offer and the average person would be no where close to that.
But, I'll play along and nominate Kate Upton.

What could it hurt?

edit on 12-11-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Any interstellar travelling or communicating intelligence will have picked who they want to communicate to before we even think about having a say in the matter.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Me, of course. I'll deal with it for you. Hell, I've already met Mr Lichen, although he didn't have a lot to say.

eta: tut, tut, TrueBrit, it'll be military that makes first contact, most likely. Or former.

Now, what happens SECOND is the big question. You don't want to lead them home to meet yer Mum. Or at least, that's the current view.
edit on 12-11-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Me. I'll give it a go. I don't need any Government Official speaking on behalf of myself.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Tom Cruise

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I've already done it for us. They were confronted with a naked hippy sitting in a stream drinking beer.
They must not have been too impressed because they took back off into space.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I've already done it for us. They were confronted with a naked hippy sitting in a stream drinking beer.
They must not have been too impressed because they took back off into space.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

But enough with the jokes. If we were to receive an extraterrestrial emissary, who should be there to welcome them? Who can we trust to represent humanity in a dignified manner? We might have only one chance to impress, if things go wrong then we could be shunned by the galactic community...or worse.

Thích Nhất Hạnh gets my vote.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Not ted nugent.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don't know who, but he must use a robot as intermediate.... They will use one to, anyway. Even if they are kind, a robot can prevent scare or sickness to cause an terrible output!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Barrack Obama, because he has a nobel peace prize, and he can offer them Obamacare which might break the ice.

Or someone that has actually made first contact in a sci-fi film as they have already got the practise in

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Ever see that Farside cartoon of the 3 aliens that landed on Earth and the one falls down the flying saucer steps? I'll try to find it...I bet they are just as concerned haha

bhughey.commons.hwdsb.on.ca...

I think the honey badger should greet them

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join