It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches Hiding the Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just want to see the views of other people on a topic I feel strongly about.

(If I might say, this is a Christian thread. I would really like it is Non-believers did not take part)

In my view, the churches, and church leaders, are hiding the truth from the people. Truth such as the Holy Names of Father, Son, and Spirit.
The truth about the Law (Torah), and Feasts!

The Name of the Father is Yahweh, the Name that was taken out of the Scriptures more than 6000 times (if not more). This Name holds the Power, the same power that most believers say they does not see in the world today.

(The name 'Lord' in the original Hebrew reverse to Baal)

The name 'Jesus' did not even exist 200 years ago. The true Name is Yehoshua, a Hebrew name for a Hebrew man. He is the Messiah, the Messiah that kept the Torah!

And the Torah is the biggest lie fed to us. The Messiah did not break any law. The view today is that it has been "nailed to the cross", and people believe that you can break the law, because you have been forgiven for it all, and no law exist anymore. But the scripture says that He is the Law (Torah) in human form.

Even the feasts of today. Everyone is keeping feasts like Halloween, Valentines day, Christmas, and other. But where do we have the right to keep Pagan feast. The Scripture says that we should keep only 7 feast, His Feasts.

I do not know why the churches are not telling the people this facts, but is really a problem.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Simply, how about the apocryphal scriptures ?
Why were some texts flagged as heretic because they don't reflect the mainstream idea that the church is supposed to promote ?
Speaking of the Torah, how is God supposed to be universal while there are some supposedly chosen people ?

I'm a gnostic.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The church also hides the truth about Satan and Hell, in order to keep people in line out of fear, and the offering plates full.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
They can't handle the truth?

The OP makes some good points, and then goes pagan bashing (come on, you can't actually dislike Halloween/Samhain and the rest of the older and honored holidays). There is one truth, and that is not defined by any words, person, or life. It can only be slightly approached by talking about aspects (why do you think some eastern religions have so many 'gods and goddesses'? - they are all metaphors for different aspects of the ultimate truth). We can only work around the edges with the communication tools we have.
edit on 12-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

The apocryphal scriptures is still valid. In my view, it is like a king, queen of president, he/she is for all the people, but has people close to him/her, who he/she has entrusted with his inner serves. (just like the Messiah and His chosen 12)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

What truth about Satan and Hell are you revering to?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OperationBlackRose
When the Bible talks about the "Name" of God, that's just a label for his authority and power.
Not the sounds that come out of people's mouths or the symbols they write down. We mustn't get obsessed with those, that's being over-literalistic.
If you recognise the authority and power of God and Christ, then you are using their "names". That's all that matters.

edit on 12-11-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

So if Christians should keep to the Torah (Old Testament), then this is valid Christian law correct?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OperationBlackRose
Just want to see the views of other people on a topic I feel strongly about.

(If I might say, this is a Christian thread. I would really like it is Non-believers did not take part)

Some of the "Non-believers" as you put it, are probably more well read in religious texts than those who follow.

In my view, the churches, and church leaders, are hiding the truth from the people.

Because religion is about power and control.

Truth such as the Holy Names of Father, Son, and Spirit.
The truth about the Law (Torah), and Feasts!

The Name of the Father is Yahweh, the Name that was taken out of the Scriptures more than 6000 times (if not more). This Name holds the Power, the same power that most believers say they does not see in the world today.

(The name 'Lord' in the original Hebrew reverse to Baal)

The name 'Jesus' did not even exist 200 years ago. The true Name is Yehoshua, a Hebrew name for a Hebrew man. He is the Messiah, the Messiah that kept the Torah!

And the Torah is the biggest lie fed to us. The Messiah did not break any law. The view today is that it has been "nailed to the cross", and people believe that you can break the law, because you have been forgiven for it all, and no law exist anymore. But the scripture says that He is the Law (Torah) in human form.

Even the feasts of today. Everyone is keeping feasts like Halloween, Valentines day, Christmas, and other. But where do we have the right to keep Pagan feast. The Scripture says that we should keep only 7 feast, His Feasts.

I do not know why the churches are not telling the people this facts, but is really a problem.

Because in order to conquer and convert, the new religion adopted various pagan rituals and this allowed the conquered ones to appease their "old gods" as well as the new. This way the old priests could re-write their old religion into the "new christian religion" and remain with some semblance of power, wealth and influence.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That is the problem today. Let us create a situation to illustrate my point. If you grow up knowing only the name Lucifer as 'god'. Can you pray to that name, when you are in fact want to pray to the Holy Father and Creator? And if 'Lord" is only a label, how sure are you the corrects 'Lord' is listening to you and will answer you prayers?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

You are right, I am just afraid of scoffers turning this thread into n scoffing show

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The problem is that since these, not only the apocryphs, are 'holy scriptures' you are supposed to take them for granted and give them the most literal and straightforward interpretation possible.
Any good story bears a good morale, and it's the morale of the story that is the most important.

Holy scriptures do not only contains stories, they also have laws and somehow prophecies.
If you want to start making prophetic interpretation, you need a serious amount of surrealism in our current world but, it's possible.
The laws are rarely transmitted by God (exept in some rare cases, ex: the 10 commands), the law of the torah or the shariah are the laws of the prophets/messiahs.
I'd like personally to consider that theses laws are mostly relevant to the audiance of their era.

If you are a Christian, ask yourself : Who was Jesus the most angry against ?
The scribes and the pharisians - thoses who hides themselves behind the laws.
The merchants of the temple - for turning the house of God into a marketplace.
In a lesser way the Romans - representatives of imperialism at the time.

edit on 12-11-2014 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

So if Christians should keep to the Torah (Old Testament), then this is valid Christian law correct?

That was their law system back then, we have prisons in our day and age.... Interesting that most people bring up that point, without looking at the fact that that was how their law (civil law) worked.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

All opinions are valid and should be considered. You will never arrive at the real truth if you ignore even a fraction of the ideas.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

So common law supersedes biblical law? I was under the impression that it was the other way around.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The truth is all your religions are not from God but man.
You know this deep down but want to fit in.
Oh and no we will come into this thread.
You want only christians to come here? make it in a religious sheep heard website.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If you are addressing the God described in the Bible, then you are addressing the right God (from a Biblical viewpoint).
We can be sure that he is listening to us, because he knows what is in our minds, so he knows what we mean.
Are we not told that the Spirit speaks on our behalf?
Our God does not care whether we say Jesus with a hard "J" (in Anglo-Saxon countries), Jesus with a soft "J" (in Hispanic countries), or whether people who are not natural Aramaic speakers try to get their tongues round the Aramaic name.
If he knows our thoughts, he is not going to be put off by a variation in sounds.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

The laws are rarely transmitted by God (exept in some rare cases, ex: the 10 commands), the law of the torah or the shariah are the laws of the prophets/massiahs.
I'd like personally to consider that theses laws are mostly relevant to the audiance of their era.

Most of the Laws in the Torah was given by God. And in your comment about "Audience of their era", why then did God say 'this is a law ever binding' and 'this is a law throughout all generations', or 'a law until the end of time'?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
No comment on the Torah, and it's addicts ...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Religion is nothing but control... control of the masses... its always been that way... i believe if there ever was a messiah or a creator... it has long been covered up and twisted with many different religions.. i guess thats when you need to look inside yourself for the truth..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join