It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Wave (Hologram?) Confirmed By Two Additional Videos!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Your trying to miss quote me and also suggest how i am thinking, which i am not interested in.

Thank you for your opinion regarding the subject.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Common Denominator: The "wave" is captured by video cameras.

Show me a still image, taken by film camera. Show me a still image taken by a DSLR camera.

Let us examine the original video footage. Let us see what settings they used to record their videos.

Considering the millions, upon millions of images taken by people of the moon with all sorts of equipment, using only 3 people's videos does not make something true.

I want to see what kind of video cameras they used. Simple request. Because not all video cameras are created equal.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I agree, I would like to see these things as well.

As i mentioned in my OP it is worth investigating based on the fact that he claims other users have filmed this so called wave.

I also mentioned in my OP, I see flaws in his claim.

Some good and relevant points.

Thanks

edit on 12/11/2014 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
My first thought was this looks just like "screen tearing". This term is usually used in relation to video games and gaming hardware (video cards) and it occurs when the framerate produced by the graphics processor is incompatible with the refresh rate of the monitor. For example, if your monitors refresh rate is 60Hz (60 times per second) and your computer is rendering 69 frames per second (from here on will be referred to as FPS) on occasion you may notice a horizontal line rolling up or down vertically on your screen.

This issue may also occur outside of gaming. I have noticed when I would watch Netflix and duplicate the screen between my 60Hz monitor and my ~27Hz HDTV, I would get screen tearing on my HDTV when my looked perfectly fine.

To fix this issue in video games, there is usually an option called VSync, which forces the graphics hardware to render a compatible frame rate to your monitors refresh rate. For example, 30, 60, 90, and 120FPS are all compatible with a 60Hz monitor and will not show screen tearing. HDTVs usually have an odd refresh rate that is meant for watching television that is broadcast at that framerate.

I have also noticed screen tearing with a $300 security camera I have when it is set to 720p. At lower resolutions, the camera can capture frames faster, but higher resolutions take longer to capture and therefore fall slightly behind the refresh cycle.

I have a feeling the cameras they are using to capture such beautiful HD shots of the moon are suffering from a combination of this screen tearing and atmospheric distortion.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Exactly. The webcam and the laptop are slightly out of synch. If he had posted the raw video on YouTube and asked if anyone knew what was happening, that would be the answer he would have gotten. But that's not what he did, because he knew what the answer would be. Instead, he added opening credits, suitable music and a BS narration and tried to pass it off for something it's not. That makes it a [HOAX!]

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: engvbany
The wave is distortion of the moon's image by Earth's atmosphere , aka "heat shimmer" , [ Schlieren photography utilizes the effect ].

So-called "chemtrails" are contrails : condensing water vapor, the same harmless white stuff clouds are made of.

YouTuber Crrow777 is moonstruck.

The youtuber isn't talking about the atmospheric shimmer, he's talking about an all encompassing wave line, reminiscent of a video scan line travelling upwards. That it looks like a video scan line is likely the reason for him being told it is faulty equipment..he says it's not, since others have a capture. That's what is debatable.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Your description of screen tearing is very good. It is something I thought about but have only seen it in the old analogue days. One problem is that this tearing effect is not fully horizontal for all the straight waves as all the waves in the video are on some diagonal line. Is this still common with digital screen tearing being on a diagonal and not fully horizontal line?

There is also another wave that is curved with the moon. Not sure how that one fits. Good theory otherwise.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

Your description of screen tearing is very good. It is something I thought about but have only seen it in the old analogue days. One problem is that this tearing effect is not fully horizontal for all the straight waves as all the waves in the video are on some diagonal line. Is this still common with digital screen tearing being on a diagonal and not fully horizontal line?

There is also another wave that is curved with the moon. Not sure how that one fits. Good theory otherwise.

I watched the video again, but I'm on my phone with a small screen, and I don't have the best eyes, plus it won't let me pause where I want because of a delay with the touchscreen/software. To be honest, I know more about how frames are rendered by graphics hardware than how they're captured by digital camera hardware. A video card/graphics processor in a computer tends to break the image to be displayed into sections of lines or blocks that the various parts inside the processor work on rendering (shader cores, pixel pipelines, etc) . Sort of like taking a large, complicated job and breaking it down into many smaller jobs for the workers to complete. Building an entire house at once is a huge and complicated task, but when you break it down into framers, roofers, drywall, electricians, plumbers, etc, they each have their own smaller task that they complete individually. (Hopefully that makes sense)
That's why you see screen tearing in games, because if the monitor refreshes when the job is only partially done, you only see a portion of the entire image, maybe the top half, or quarter, or third, or whatever. And, on top of that, it may not have completed a fully straight horizontal line across the monitor. I actually have a video on YouTube showing a graphical glitch with some of these "blocks" that I experienced while playing a game. Here's the link to that video: Far Cry 3 graphic glitch AMD 12.10 driver: youtu.be...

So, if the same principal applies to a video capturing device rendering multiple blocks simultaneously, then it may be the case that the refresh asynchronicity is displayed as a diagonal line as opposed to a straight one.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This guy could add a slight modulation to his targeting, even 2%, that would be able to prove whether or not what he is filming is equipment related. If it is an internal problem, the "wave" would modulate at the same 2% as the targeting. If the wave didn't compensate for the modulation, it is not in his camera.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
..gurdjief did the fake moon thing so much better

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

Wow. What is this horse manure? Someone needs to stop watching moon videos and go to bed. The atmosphere is a static mass of air that never moves, has no disturbances at any altitude, so surely the moon must be a hologram. Never mind, ya know, tides and whatnot.

A hologram. Wow. Please put the bong down.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I agree I mean how many of us stare at the moon every night? millions probably and have since the dawn of humanity and not once has anyone seen this.
Only when using a webbcam you see it, this says it is the recording equipment that is making the effect.
Poppycock.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Posted in the other thread which was closed, but perhaps you could answer these questions.

What would be the point in having the hologram there and who is projecting it?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Would it blow your mind to know that those waves were probably in OUR atmosphere? You know how the sun looks all wiggly at sunset sometimes, or a better example would be steam rising off of a road and the light reflecting off it....OUR own atmosphere is a liquid and behaves as such with waves and ripples which creates a lensing effect. That guy is not crazy, he's just thinking outside the wrong box.

a reply to: TheDon

edit on 12-11-2014 by Jaxsmash because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm surprised he didn't mention that the moon was a hologram made of apparently Jello, because it was doing so much wiggling back and forth...on both cameras. Oh wait, that's atmospheric interference. At the very least this a case of a bow wave from a plane, at worst it's a known hoax.

Either way, the whole part about the chemtrails and 9/11 totally invalidate this video for me...dude is grasping for anything and everything.
edit on 12-11-2014 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This thread is a hologram and will flicker away.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So if Fermilab's experiment confirms we actually ARE living in a hologram, what will we call holograms?

And as far as the Moon being one... dunno, never been there and don't trust anything a lying human says... and that includes lying or delusional conspiracy theorists... excuse me while I have my brain's vat water changed.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Picollo30
Could the moon landings be a fake?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Um... the moon is what causes tides, I doubt a hologram would have any gravitational affects on Earth. Plus, the moon is always visible somewhere on Earth and has been for quite a while, as far back as recorded history, I doubt a hologram producing machine could stay running for hundreds of thousands of years.

What about lunar and solar eclipses? Would a hologram block out the sun or have the Earth's shadow cast on it? I think this moon hologram theory is totally bogus, history and science prove it wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparta
Posted in the other thread which was closed, but perhaps you could answer these questions.

What would be the point in having the hologram there and who is projecting it?

WOW! A lot of people here bombing away at the OP's question who have obviously not watched the video to understand what the videomaker was proposing/questioning.

He was making the case that the scanning line he saw rising along the surface of the moon image COULDN'T be a video artifact because when it started on the bottom, he quickly panned up and if it had been his video camera, the artifact would have followed his camera motion; it did not, instead it remained on the image of the moon as if the anomaly was something that was being imaged on top of the moon itself - what he called a hologram.

The insinuation was that the hologram might have been used intermittently to hide what was really going on, on the moon's surface, which is a pretty mindblowing idea and I enjoyed his presentation; it's a legitimate question that needs an answer, was it just a camera being out of sync, and if not, what?

I too have seen what has been described as the old style analog break in vertical/horizontal imaging; the CROW poster says he's ruled out the problem being with his camera or his telescope.

It'd be real fine and dandy if the kneejerk debunkers and HOAX! shouters would UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE QUESTION rather than assume so much. Sheesh. OP wasn't asking if the MOON was a hologram, rather whether it had been covered up with one...

Maybe the more gifted telescopically and technically oriented members can reproduce the anomaly and thereby discern for sure what is going on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join