It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White orb seen on MARS pics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
A UFO blogger has identified a white orb on the Raw Images from the Mars curiosity rover . The anomaly was caught not in one , but eight different images . It was photographed by Front Hazcam on Sol 527 .

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

1st : Front Hazcam: Right B
2014-01-29 15:32:16 UTC

2nd : Front Hazcam: Left B
2014-01-29 15:32:16 UTC

3rd : Front Hazcam: Left B
2014-01-29 15:36:50 UTC

4th : Front Hazcam: Right B
2014-01-29 15:36:50 UTC

5th : Front Hazcam: Left B
2014-01-29 15:42:51 UTC

6th : Front Hazcam: Right B
2014-01-29 15:42:51 UTC

7th : Front Hazcam: Left B
2014-01-29 15:47:29 UTC

8th : Front Hazcam: Right B
2014-01-29 15:47:29 UTC

Edit : The white light is seen at different position at different time span

edit on 12-11-2014 by ETWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ETWolf

Perhaps you could tell us where the white orb is on the pictures because I can't see it.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

LOL . sorry . I'll upload it on the main post above .

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
i see it.. swamp gas? lantern? i'm sure someone will be along to suggest something equally ridiculous soon..

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Did you happen to notice that the white dot is is the same spot on each image?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Ok I see it now , cycling through the pictures it seems to move as the rover moves toward Dingo Gap so I would suggest it's a camera anomaly.

a reply to: ladyteeny

i see it.. swamp gas? lantern? i'm sure someone will be along to suggest something equally ridiculous soon..

Unlikely , that's about as ridiculous as it gets.

edit on 12-11-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Interesting part is , its only seen on these 8 images . That thing isnt there on the images taken before the 15:32:16 UTC .

For Eg. It ain't there in these pics :

Front Hazcam: Left B
2014-01-29 15:27:37 UTC

Front Hazcam: Right B
2014-01-29 15:27:37 UTC

etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Did you happen to notice that the white dot is is the same spot on each image?

No , its not

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
A white dot in the exact same spot in the photographs in 8 different pics and it's an anomaly? Since when did people stop using rational thought?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

A white dot in the exact same spot in the photographs in 8 different pics and it's an anomaly?

As i wrote above , its not

Since when did people stop using rational thought?

Why would people write anything without checking in all the facts ?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

It could well be a 'hot pixel' as seen on this Navcam image.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tch.html

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyteeny

Here's a couple of threads you might be interested in...

thread 1
thread 2

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

You Probably could be right

Thx

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

A hot pixel can show up when sensors get hot during long exposures.
The reason for a similar white dot in the other image is apparently a coincidence, Nasa tells MailOnline, caused by a cosmic ray or another anomaly.
Other ‘lights’ in the past have been attributed to sunlight glinting off rocks or cosmic rays striking the surface.
Nasa also points out that these image artifacts, including hot pixels and cosmic rays, are relatively common and can be noticed in many other images taken by Curiosity

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this, could not find the location of the raw images so decided not to create a threat for this video without a proper source, but you seem to have found it!

Here someone who edited the images into a small vid, spectacular to say the least but could still be sun-flares:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

Thx for the video Dimens

From the video :

In this animated render of the 8 images , the mysterious white orb appears to move around in a controlled fashion . This anomaly cannot be a dead pixel or image artifact , mainly because a dead pixel would remain approximately in the same location whatever its field of view

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

Intriguing video. The "orb" as it is called is not the only thing moving in relation to the cameras aspect. Panning slightly, tilting slightly and zooming slightly all contribute to the apparent movement of everything, not just the "orb". Looking at the uncropped, unedited raw images reveals this. Look at edges of the raw images and notice this view is a little more zoomed…

Raw image

… than this one:

Raw image

Bounce between the two and look at the edges again. The center background doesn't change (much) but its obvious around the edges that the camera settings have changed. Since the "orb" is on the imager chip of the camera its apparent position will also change on the distant background as a result.

If people will try and resolve what I have just said and make sense of it they will see that it is Paranormal Crucibles channel that is trying to deceive with their 'editing' of the raw image data.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimens

Thanks for posting this, could not find the location of the raw images so decided not to create a threat for this video without a proper source, but you seem to have found it!

Here someone who edited the images into a small vid, spectacular to say the least but could still be sun-flares:

That's interesting, the dot is quite mobile compared to the movement of the camera forward or up and down...I need to look again

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In the first photo there is this as well just above the crest of the hill.. not sure if interesting or not... it just caught my eye...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: J1782
In the first photo there is this as well just above the crest of the hill.. not sure if interesting or not... it just caught my eye...

I think that comes up twice in the same camera, most likely dust.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

yep checked and it's on the images from right b .... my mistake

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join