It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family/Friends fighting in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have a brother fighting in Iraq right now and I was wondering how many people on ATS has family or friends over there and would they like to share there story with us?

My brother is a truck driver/heavy machine gunner. I don�t really hear from him allot but he calls his wife about 2 or 3 times a week and she usually tells my family what he says. The last time I spoke to my sister in law she said that he said that he almost got blown up by a grenade that landed right next to his feet and that he is sick and tired of getting shot at every day. He is a strong person mentally and physically he is also the oldest in his unit so every one looks up to him, they call him big brother. He is a very religious person and he is full of wisdom. I understand why his comrade�s look up to him cause all of my life I have looked up to him as well. My brother joined the Army 3 years ago. He is not an American citizen, he was born in Trinidad and Tobago and he just came to the US 4 years ago. He joined the Army to further his education. Every time I watch TV and I see that another convoy has been attacked I think of my brother and start praying that it�s not him. I myself cannot stand the fact that this is happening to him and this war is going on. My thoughts and prays are always with him and for all of those fighting in this war. All we can do for them is support them and pray that they come home.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its a hard time for those of us who have friends or family out there,
At the moment i have one of my closest friends serving in Iraq and like you watching the TV can almost be a nightmare,
Each day i pray that he will come home safe, I have not been able to hear from him myself but through his family they says he is doing well and keeping high spririts.

Good luck to your brother and i will also keep him in my prayers.

My thoughts and prays are always with him and for all of those fighting in this war. All we can do for them is support them and pray that they come home.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I work on an air force base, and I know a lot of people who either are, or have been over there. Thankfully no one I know has gotten hurt or killed.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My son and his two life long friends are over there belonging to 3 differant regiments. Air corps(helicopters), artillary and tank

They have similar tales to tell. The only problem is the censorship in the "blueys"(forces free mail for those that are not familiar with the term) that they are sending back home. For obvious reasons, they cannot give too much info away.

Its very hard to carry on with normal daily life knowing that they are there.
Once they are home, no doubt i will be posting some of their experiances on ATS.

Got a bluey off my son this morning..

Hes home on the 17th of this month...

YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have a cousin fighting in the war and his dad had gone there to help re-build things. It's hard to sit here and watch the news, then try to go on with life like normal here in the US. I pray for everyone in Iraq at this time.
Bikereddie congrats! Glad your boy will be home soon. Please when you get some time be sure and tell us what you can.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by krt1967]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
I have a cousin fighting in the war and his dad had gone there to help re-build things. It's hard to sit here and watch the news, then try to go on with life like normal here in the US. I pray for everyone in Iraq at this time.
Bikereddie congrats! Glad your boy will be home soon. Please when you get some time be sure and tell us what you can.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by krt1967]

No problem krt

cant wait to see him.
will post as soon as i can.
watch this space

top topics

join