It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Gun Ban in the U.S. on Dec. 24 ??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Well played, hounddoghowlie.
Well played.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The UN treaty would only effect you if you were an arms dealer trying to sell to terror groups, rebels groups that use child soldiers etc. Of course in the US we already have these laws, in fact the UN treaty is mostly based on US law. The US has not signed on yet but, even if it did nothing would change. The only real difference is US law has enforcement mechanisms and the UN does not.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

My grandpa brought home his Springfield 1903 from France. It still shoots.

It's a bit scarred. Scratched up a bit. But it still shoots straight as a laser beam...

Now if I could just talk my cousin out of it... Maybe some cash???

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
My first thought with no digging is good luck to the poor sob that has to collect the guns.

He'd be collecting the ammunition first, and not in the way he had envisioned.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Double
edit on 12-11-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm not a crazy gun fanatic or anything but I'm smart enough to know that if UN tried to stop US gun rights that any and all its buildings and infrastructure in the US would come tumbling down.

UN would no longer have a place in the US nor would it's policies.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
found this, i guess it's what you are talking about

www.thenewamerican.com...

not that i blame them, better keep jesus safe because if he shows up in america on his birthday, he would be shot dead within the first 15 minutes

Or perhaps JESUS might come at an hour in which THEY think not, to snatch away his sheep and burn what's left into smoldering ash. Does the name BABYLON come to mind?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
In 40 or 50 years all weapons will be old and unusable. Either the criminals buy new (which would have to be imported and could therefore be better controlled) or.. - do you really think that the criminals are keen on taking painstaking care and maintenance on their weapons?

I'm have to concur with the others on this point. I don't know who told you that one, but it isn't true. As long as its not exposed to the elements, a firearm kept indoors is going to last a very, very long time, even if the owner never bothers cleaning or oiling it. It may have a few cosmetic issues, but functionally, there's not likely to be anything wrong with it.

Go to any pawn shop in the southern US and you'll generally find no shortage of surplus WW2 era rifles and 60-80 year old hunting rifles and shotguns. Few were cared for in a manner that could even remotely be considered meticulous. Some of them will be a little ugly. Most will work just fine with 15 minutes of effort cleaning out powder residue.

As for the OP, I'm not too concerned about it. This is a UN treaty dealing with the international arms trade that the US Senate has not and likely will not ratify. It has no direct impact on the domestic civilian firearms market and we're not bound by it, anyway.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

UN would no longer have a place in the US nor would it's policies.

regardless of this gun ban issue this would be a fantastic endeavor......

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
This wont happen, If it was going to happen, it would have when they had all the momentum built up after the horror at that elementary school massacre. To many people own guns, whole communties exist bc of ammunition plants and gun companies. It just not that easy to pass a law IN the US not UN that will actually be obeyed. They can pass all the UN laws they want too, and I think the UN will fall apart if they tried to implement this stupid idea

i rather have to agree. most western nations tend to just ignore any and all UN demands they don't care for. but then again don't most countries ignore UN demands that they don't like? the UN is pretty much powerless, the only way their will ever comes to pass it is because countries like the US force the issue on pain of invasion and sanctions, not because the UN "said so". in all honesty what has the UN ever really done for the world? in the end the UN is just a waste of time that like the powerless and useless league of nations before it and just like the league of nations, the UN needs to be abolished.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Bogus, wont happen, cant happen. So why beleive this stuff when it humorously pops up? Just to start stuff with folk who know little about the ownership issue and rights.

And...we are MILLIONS of legal carriers and owners. MILLIONS....

PS I may be wrong...but am guessing that the OP perhaps doesnt own any firearms? I say this only because of the gulibility factor. Owners and legal carriers know better than to even think any of that would be or could be true....
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Sorry about the delay. My P.C. is sick, maybe terminal...LOL.

That's not what I read in the provisions of the agreement. It affects every gun owner. It was posted at the NewAmerican site, I believe.

Bottom line no evidence to confirm the 'report'. Good news.

However, if we don't think Obama is bold enough to make a move before the new session of Congress, it would be a mistake, I believe.

When one adds in the ammo buy-up by the Feds and the senior officer purges, well I for one, will be alert.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I wonder how many "totally authentic genuine robberies" happen in the run up to such a ban, focusing on gun cabs etc....

No way this is real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join