It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. and China Reach Deal on Climate Change in Secret Talks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: gatorboi117

Lies......lies......and more lies. China agreed to stop it emissions growing by 2030........Really......That just great thanks China. While back in America we are actually doing something. Our cities you can breath in.....China not so much.

Obama is one lie after another.

xhina also agreed to free float their currency a few years after joining the WTO. Last I checked its still controlled.

Obama can make all the secret deals he wants but at some point he will need to read the constitution and learn about separation of powers and what his authority, and that of Congress, actually are.

He can make all the treaties he wants - The US Senate must approve them.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: gatorboi117

That's great in principle, however, from your source;

Administration officials acknowledged that Mr. Obama could face opposition to his plans from a Republican-controlled Congress. While the agreement with China needs no congressional ratification, lawmakers could try to roll back Mr. Obama’s initiatives, undermining the United States’ ability to meet the new reduction targets.

I'm guessing it's a whole bag full of hot air that'll float way up into the sky and get videoed by someone, who then puts in onto youtube, which then ends up as a UFO sighting, and is subsequently posted multiple times here on ATS in the Aliens & UFO forum.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

That was brilliant. Hot air. Nothing more. The Chinese energy portfolio suggests any of the proposed targets are 'pie in the sky'.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: mc_squared

I can’t wait to hear the endless stream of hyperbole about how clean power, fuel efficiency, energy independence, etc are giant attacks on our personal liberties and freedoms somehow

I vote for whatever is cheapest. I would be happy if our energy came from burning bat guano if it was the cheapest form of energy. Once green energy is the cheapest form (without Government artificially making it the cheapest) then I am all for green energy. Until then drill baby drill.

There are many costs to using technology beyond the size of the check you have to write.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That sounds great. I'd seen countless photos of Chinese cities drenched in smog emissions and other photos of clear cut logging without re-planting the forests they cleared. Clear cut logging leaves water pollution due to erosion and in cases such as the Amazon rainforest, releases new diseases into the human population. With the population of China so far beyond all other countries on Earth it is good to hear that they will become conscious of the pollution issue.
edit on 15-11-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join