It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas: We won’t let Israeli extremists ‘contaminate’ Temple Mount; warns of global ‘religiou

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Times of Israel Article

“Israel’s leaders are making a big mistake if they think they can turn back history, to impose a reality, and to divide the al-Aqsa Mosque [into separate prayers times and areas] as they divided the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron,” Abbas said, using the Arabic term for the Cave of the Patriarchs, which hosts both Jewish and Muslim prayer. Such a move “would be unsuccessful, since in their actions, Israel’s leaders will lead the region and world into a devastating religious war,” he added.

This is something that I've been keeping an eye on, and it looks like there's some sparks flying over this whole thing.

Along with this whole thing, here's a report of a poll that was taken: Poll: 40% of Jewish Israelis Want Jewish Prayer on Temple Mount The title is pretty much self-explanatory, and here's another lovely little article from NBC: Palestinian Violence Targets Israelis: Has Third Intifada Begun?

For my own self, I am calling this whole thing bluster and bluff for now, but I see the real potential for it to get hot and heavy after a little while more of this. We're talking the third holiest site in Islam and the holiest site in Judaism. It's only a matter of time before the Jews in Israel decide that they want to pray at their holy site, I would say, and that time may be upon us, but we'll have to see.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Islam doesn't mind about the Temple Mount.
Better known as Dome Of The Rock.

It's not the 3rd holiest site in Islam, Al Aqsa is.
It's across the way from the Temple Mount!

It's not an Intifada either.

Israel would know if it was.
They'd be a great many IOF dead!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Al-Aqsa

Dome of the Rock

Where they are

Somewhere down the track, war will be waged over Al-Aqsa.. It's just a matter of when.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yah, imagine that, cops shutting down your local church.

What are they insane?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Islam doesn't mind about the Temple Mount.
Better known as Dome Of The Rock.

It's not the 3rd holiest site in Islam, Al Aqsa is.
It's across the way from the Temple Mount!

It's not an Intifada either.

Israel would know if it was.
They'd be a great many IOF dead!!!

Mmmh ok. It is my understanding that Al Aqsa is part of the Temple Mount, which is sacred to Muslims.

The present site is dominated by three monumental structures from the early Umayyad period: the al-Aqsa Mosque, the Dome of the Rock and the Dome of the Chain.

Temple Mount

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If it's the holiest site to the Jews then why not let them pray there? Especially when their historical connection to the place is way older than the Muslims.

Can't take the Muslims side on this one..

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think they want to knock temple mount down to build a temple on the site but then Israel will have 2 billion angry Muslims to deal with and once the mosque is gone then you have nothing stopping one of these angry Muslims from detonating a nuke in downtown central.

Mini nukes will even fit into a briefcase so no one could stop them

I would say that Israel would know better but they don't

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Of all the places in the universe, did it have to be that rock, on this planet, which God enjoys seeing as the promised land of disputes on prayer times.

We are exploring new worlds, will be sending folks to other planets, and eventually will shake hands with other civilisations - and there still will be the dispute between Jews vs others on that rock.

I can imagine, in a very very distant future, when Sun is dying and is about to engulf Earth into its growing sphere of infernous plasma, there will be an old Jew waving his walking stick, and shouting towards the Sun - "Don't you dare to touch my rock".

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Great a potential battle over a shrine to myths.

*golf clap*

We've come so far.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
If it's the holiest site to the Jews then why not let them pray there?

Sensibility would say, the place where
God's face was seen, by Moses and where he received
God's word (The 10 commandments)
would be the holiest ? ? and that would be
Mt. Sinai Peninsula of Egypt
en.wikipedia.org...
But Nooooooooo, they say
the remnants of king Herod's temple is the 'holiest' ? ? . . .
the place of " Massacre_of_the_Innocents" ! ! ? Why is that ?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The temple's wall IS ACTUALLY king's Herod's Temple !
say it as it REALLY IS.
en.wikipedia.org...

But the REAL IRONY is that
even back when, before zionism, jews never attempted
pilgrimage or even cared about praying
at the Al Aqsa Courtyard, even though nothing
was stopping them from doing so.
It's only the political interest and $ that has changed lately.
btw temple 'mount' is a new-age
vocabulary insertion.

The land should be protected internationally,
as it is a global historical site for MANY faiths.
Sad that it is being paved over, and high-rise condos are
changing the landscape at ravaging speed,
the natural
landscape is being changed for ever.

I guess Jesus once stood where the nuke plant is pictured now ?
upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think (it is possible) that all of this 'stuff' is based on baloney on top of more baloney, so I don't like to talk about this stuff, but it's always been a mystery how the Israeli's control that entire area yet are not allowed to step foot onto the Temple Mount. How is that even possible to enforce?

I've also always wondered if the formation of Israel had everything to do with this temple mount and fulfilling prophecies/stories of rebuilding Solomon's temple.

Actually there is an entire article on it - Third Temple

top topics

join