It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Student kills bully with one punch.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:42 PM
a reply to: nrd101

The kid that died was retreating? He was being attacked, in the video, and was killed. They totally misrepresent who is the bully. The bigger kid killed the smaller kid, they even reverse that statement. WTF I can't stand mass media.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I listen to the reporters and what I am seeing is just like you said.

Lets not believe our "lying eyes".

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You are justifying his death from what you are being told, not on what you know. Lets get that straight.

edit on thTue, 11 Nov 2014 20:01:15 -0600America/Chicago1120141580 by Sremmos80 because: was wrong about info in op's source

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:45 PM

Oh you mean calling a dead kid a scum is productive?

a reply to: Sremmos80

Bullying is defined as intimidation.
Not just taking lunch money everyday.

He tried to intimidate the defensive lad, he lost.

That's tough s# imo.

& the OPs article does mention the social media exchange.

a reply to: thesaneone

You get a star for that.

I was too emotional in that response.

I'll edit it now!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:47 PM

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: nrd101

Watch the video in the OP, your video cuts off the whole start of the fight, where Dakota is shoving the other boy who repeatedly tries to walk away. It is your video which is edited to be intentionally misleading.

I did. Once the shoe is on the other foot and the "bully" retreats , the "bigger kid" should have turned and walked away. There was no need to respond to taunting. Taunting is bullying? Or is punching?

I also now nobody wanted that result. It was unforeseen and unintentional.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:50 PM

No problem with him losing a fight that he may have picked.
My problem is saying that he deserved to die for it.

Do you think that bullies need to be killed for their actions?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:55 PM
a reply to: Sremmos80

No I don't think they should be killed in a premeditated fashion.

But if it happens to occur during an incident in which they're the aggressor I'm not going to sugar coat it or disprove of the outcome.

You're are correct in the end I guess.
It's all speculation and conjecture at the moment.

But I stand by my comments on bullying.

If it turns out this was just a fight, then my apologies in advance!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:57 PM
This falls under the sh&$ happens category. The worst possible consequence happened. Neither kid was old enough to see how this could effect them and neither kid deserves the results. Hopefully other kids will learn from this.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:06 PM
a reply to: abe froman

My attitude is this.

People have a right to go about unmolested by their peers. If they violate that right, then they should expect consequences to befall them. If they are stupid enough to put themselves in a situation where they might get knocked out, and crack their heads open on the floor, causing fatal damage to their skull and the brain within, then that is unfortunate of course, but a choice they make.

Whether they make that choice knowing the risks, or whether they make that choice in ignorance, is not something that an individual who is being assaulted ought to have to consider when reacting to that assault. A persons right to go about unmolested outweighs the right of those who decide otherwise, to continue to breathe, especially in this case, where a single punch was sufficient to neutralise the threat to the individual who was being assaulted at the time. If the kid had stamped on that bullies face, and turned his skull into a pile of mangled flesh, bone, and brain matter covering a square foot, that would be a different matter entirely.

As it was, the response was justified. The only sad things about this are :

a) that bully learned nothing from the experience, because the fellow is deceased.
b) the fellow who swung the blow must feel pretty terrible about the whole thing, and is probably afraid of himself now.
c) someone died, and in a stupid situation that they bought on themselves.

It is tragic, but the only wrong doing here was on the part of the lad who ended up dead. Those, as they say, are the breaks, specifically to the occipital region I would have thought, in this case at least.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:09 PM
Ain't testosterone wonderful!

Maybe the discussion we should really be having is how to make use of the overage of hormones kids this age have, how to keep the more volatile ones apart or safe, and what's gone wrong with society where we're talking about having to have armed guards in the schools and constant monitoring?

One instance of this kind of behavior, any amount of bullying tendencies at all, should be grounds for immediate and permanent dismissal.

And homeschooling, noschooling and freeschooling should all be discussed and seen as valid choices; not every kid needs to be warehoused like this, in fact most don't. This entire model is outdated and obviously doesn't work on so many levels.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:16 PM
The bully did not deserve death. But that is what he recieved. Both Products of our culture- some live, and some die. Hopefully one day children of all sizes and shapes can go to school and focus on school work, not on dueling and bullying.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
This entire incident is sad and unfortunate, but maybe this video can be put to good use and help open the eyes of bullies everywhere. There should be a national campaign of local citizens who organize and go into schools once a year to talk against bullying and show videos like this one. Kids don't realize how easy it is to accidentally kill or physically maim someone in a physical confrontation. They let their emotions take over and don't think of the consequences before striking out.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:23 PM
a reply to: TrueBrit

Whether they make that choice knowing the risks, or whether they make that choice in ignorance, is not something that an individual who is being assaulted ought to have to consider when reacting to that assault.

Right on TrueBrit. Well said and always a pleasure.

Nature is cruel sometimes. Add the adrenalin and sometimes we react without thinking it through. In a defensive situation, we rarely should.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:41 PM

Remember this?

I remember how just about everyone applauded the Aussie boy for sticking up for himself. Now look at how close the smaller bully came to having his skull smashed in on that ledge. There but for the Grace of God as the saying goes ...

Now, one kid is applauded for sticking up for himself and we're debating whether the other is murderer and should never have done so. Both were larger kids with smaller bullies.

What's the only difference? One incident had a tragic outcome.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:32 PM
All this doesn't change what I see on video or read. The dead kid was confronting a bully. He was sticking up for his friend who had been bullied. So who is the bully? I never see him throw one punch, or even push the other kid, so if you could find that somewhere maybe you could link the exact time, or note it cause I don't see that anywhere.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:37 PM
I wouldn't even hesitate with that tape, to present it to a jury as negligible homicide.

(law, US) a criminal charge brought against people who, through criminal negligence, allow others to die

Throwing 1 punch can kill someone, and if you do, you are a killer.

It was reckless.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:43 PM

originally posted by: nrd101
The kid that died was retreating? He was being attacked, in the video, and was killed. They totally misrepresent who is the bully. The bigger kid killed the smaller kid, they even reverse that statement. WTF I can't stand mass media.

here is a youtube video showing the whole fight, at no point does the victim push him, or swing at him. The bully was the killer, not the guy that was killed. They even misrepresent and misstate what is shown in the video. WTF

And your not being biased? Your video doesn't "show the whole fight" as you claim, yeah it shows the point where the other kids starts fighting back but what led up to that point? Your video "proof" is hardly proof it just shows what you want it to show.
The story in your video is different than the official story but what makes yours right and the other wrong? Just asking.
I have no clue what happened as I wasn't there..... were you? Do you have some first hand knowladge or are you like everybody else on the internet and making a judgement on a video you saw on youtube which someone put together to show their angle on the story...their angle, their viewpoint, their opinion, their take on the story.

getting pretty tired of people thinking because it's on youtube it is solid freaking fact. Got news for you, 95% of the videos on there are just made up fiction, they're as real as reality shows. I suppose you believe everything on those too.......oh yeah, Wrestling is real too.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:07 AM
a reply to: ketsuko

You are exactly right.

That is the only difference. Being a mother, I certainly can understand where this emotion is coming from and even folks without kids get emotional when it comes to something like this. It's a senseless accident and as such, most folks feel like someone should be punished if for no other reason than to feel like it was not for nothing. It's extremely hard not to make a judgement call on this because it's an emotional issue.

Far too many of us could be in this boys shoes as we sit here. It was not that long ago that a lot of boys (and girls for that matter) were encouraged to take up for themselves and if that meant throwing a punch... Well, that's just what you did. You didn't pull out a gun or a knife. You fought with your hands and even if you lost, you lived to fight another day. In a perfect world kids would be able to tell adults that they were getting bullied and the bullying would cease immediately. Unfortunately we do not live in such a utopia. Sometimes one is left with no other recourse. He may have been walking away, but he probably would have been at it again thievery next day and the day after that and the day after that. That's a bully's MO.

I feel for both families in this. One lost a child and another family watched as their own child lost their innocence over something that was purely accidental. The surviving boy will likely suffer from this for the rest of his days. Imagine how horrible you would feel if you had to walk around with that weight on your shoulders until you no longer drew breath. Every time he closes his eyes the images will rerun in his head over and over. Every night when he lays his head on his pillow he will do so knowing that he took a life with his hands. Adults coming back from war don't cope with killing folks very well. I imagine a teenager will do even less well.

JMO and as usual... YMMV.

There were lots of folks hurt that day and that hurt will reside in all them forever.

edit on 11/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:08 AM
This is just a good lesson on why it is wiser to avoid violent physical altercations.
I have dealt with being bullied, and I have dealt with bullies.
Those are kid games.
The game changes once one reaches a certain size and strength.
I am not a large man...about 6', 170 lbs, but I know full well that I am capable of hurting someone bad if I don't think about what I'm doing in a bad situation.
I have taken some hard licks and I have dished some out. I have my regrets. I have hurt a few much worse than I would have intended in a right state of mind and I have gotten a little too ballsy and bitten off more than I could chew.
It is always better to walk away. Fight smart, but only if you have to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>