It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student kills bully with one punch.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have no comment on violence in schools,or society in general for that matter, it's awful but, it exists and somehow we as humans haven't been able to solve or escape it.
However, revenge is something I'd like to talk about for a second.
Movies, T.V., and comic books tell us that revenge is bad and to seek it only leads to your own emptiness and self destruction, I disagree. Revenge can be so sweet, therapeutic even. The great closure you may need to resolve an injustice done to you. If vengance isn't awesome why does God like it so much?
In the video at the link it is very clear the bully started it. Over and over he shoves the other kid until finally the bullied boy stops turning the other cheek and trying to walk away, he puts down his book bag and fights back. He lands one punch and the kid cracks his head on the hard floor and dies.
Where, I wonder, is the fine line between "you got what you deserve punk" and "that poor kid didn't deserve to die" ?

VIDEO: Teen Kills Classmate.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Deserved to get punched and get a taste of his own medicine, yes
ETA: He may have deserved a taste of his own medicine, a report from another source mentions more info.
May have just been a fight between to people that got into an argument.
Deserved to die? Hardly.
Don't see a fine line in this case.

Agreed there is a line present with people that intended to kill and then acted, but not here.
Glad the kid was cleared tho
ETA: If this was as the OP source describes it then sure good thing he was cleared, if its how the other source paints it then not sure.
Just cause you didn't mean to kill some one doesn't mean you cant be held responsible for it

edit on thTue, 11 Nov 2014 19:47:07 -0600America/Chicago1120140780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

How many kids aren't going to get bullied now? Maybe he did deserve to die.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Well considering the Western governments were quick to exact revenge for 9/11...

This kid shouldn't be charged.

He should be rewarded.

& he should feel no regret either...
Bullies deserve everything they get...

Tough that he died imo.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Early S&F

Let me start by saying, "I just don't know." Sometimes # happens. I like to think that I am not a vengeful person, but I know I have a limit ... just like everyone else. It's the follow-on regret which has led me to become a more temperate fellow. I feel a lot of remorse for the kid who killed the other. He's going to have that event hanging around his neck for the rest of his life.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

He wasn't charged, it was found that he used reasonable force to defend himself. Incidents like this make me think of the Future Crimes Department in Minority Report, how many victims would this kid have racked up if he had lived?
There is a possibility that he would find Jesus or something and change his ways but I don't have a lot of faith in that theory.

link   
Hard to say. The kid was a bully but death is too far. Bullies are pathetic. They either become the neighborhood criminal or they end up heading a multinational corporation.

Wrong is right and right is wrong until your skull hits the pavement.

edit on 11-11-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

link   

So the solution to the bullies is just to kill one and let that be the a lesson to the rest of you?
Sounds air tight.

link   
The kid that died was retreating? He was being attacked, in the video, and was killed. They totally misrepresent who is the bully. The bigger kid killed the smaller kid, they even reverse that statement. WTF I can't stand mass media.

here is a youtube video showing the whole fight, at no point does the victim push him, or swing at him. The bully was the killer, not the guy that was killed. They even misrepresent and misstate what is shown in the video. WTF

edit on 11-11-2014 by nrd101 because: youtube

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I know pal I watched the video.
That was the point I was trying to make, my apologies for not being clearer.

That's a good point.

How many was he already bullying that would have gone on to be withdrawn or suicidal.

For me, it's a no brainer.

One less bully on the planet.
edit on 11-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I dont think the bully deserved to die what if they are bullied at home I dont like bullies but there's always a reason why they are, why are police bullys? Because they were bullied they need help I think the kid is right to stick up for him self definitely yes but bet he feels bad now he didn't mean this to happen its all a sad situation tbh...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Bullies tend to retreat once someone starts to defend their self.

Watch the video from the OP.

The bully is the one following, taunting and pushing the other lad until he backs him up.

Bullies are cowards. It's no surprise he retreated!
edit on 11-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So we are going to use what he might do to justify his death??!
What the hell?

What if he would have cured cancer, HIV, diabetes and created world peace?
Same logic as saying that he might have gone on to bully other people and ruin countless lives

ETA: ok not really I went a little extreme but just can't stand using 'what if' to justify something.
edit on thTue, 11 Nov 2014 19:30:08 -0600America/Chicago1120140880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

One less scum bag on the planet.

I thought you hate when the big guy beats on the little guy?

Anyhow...That big boy could have hurt that skinny kid with a slap.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Not all bullies are cowards some are insane and rarely retreat.

I know many school officials claim to uphold their no tolerance policies when it comes to bullying, but they often excuse the actions as mild teasing. Or they say the kids overreacted.

This is why homeschooling for children always appealed to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

One less scum bag on the planet.

I thought you hate when the big guy beats on the little guy?

Anyhow...That big boy could have hurt that skinny kid with a slap.

I think you might be right. There's more to this 'story' than what the MSM presents.

Nonetheless, the dead kid started out as the physical aggressor in this instance. Who's to say he wasn't the one who was being bullied ... and the one 'fighting back'?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No I'm basing this on what he did do, which was bullying.
Bullies rarely have one target.

& even if he did it's one too many, so my premise stands!

And he wasn't going to cure cancer, that's been done, hidden & for another topic.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Watch the video in the OP, your video cuts off the whole start of the fight, where Dakota is shoving the other boy who repeatedly tries to walk away. It is your video which is edited to be intentionally misleading.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You never have anything productive to say.
& you never complete a discussion, so you can keep your comments to me to yourself from now on!

The guy seems like a gentle giant from his interview, remorseful.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog!!!

(post by abe froman removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join